Waiting Asylum decision

Dear All , i have been reading the 2020 USCIS report and there's a lot of good news ahead particularly with reducing backlog and being able to have real time online case status for interviews and interview scheduling

rovide Estimates of Affirmative Asylum Application Processing Times. USCIS publishes processing times for most form types on its website.339 However, it does not publish processing times for its affirmative asylum queue. An applicant wanting to learn the processing time for an affirmative asylum case is referred to USCIS’ Affirmative Asylum Interview Scheduling webpage, which lists only the priorities as described earlier in this article.340 Given the variability in scheduling asylum interviews across the country, and given that the limited available data shows most interviews are still manually scheduled, USCIS should consider collecting scheduling data on these cases341 and at minimum posting online what date range of cases it is currently processing at various asylum offices. This would be of particular value to managing the expectations of individuals in queue and in assisting legal service providers in managing caseloads and allocating resources. 2. Make Public USCIS Strategies to Reduce the Affirmative Asylum Backlog, Perhaps as Part of a Request for Congressional Funding. USCIS strategies to reduce and eliminate the backlog of pending affirmative asylum cases is of concern to individuals and to legal service providers, and of course to Congress; if USCIS is seeking appropriated funding from Congress in the wake of COVID-19, there may be utility in pointing out the reduction efforts being made, as well as potential resource requirements specifically aimed at reduction. Now is the time to act. In January 2018, USCIS stated its intention to address the asylum backlog.342 As a start, it implemented a scheduling priority to address the growing backlog. That policy change was never intended to address the cases that were currently pending but instead to reduce the incoming receipts.343 With a reduced flow of cases, USCIS could then focus on the pending backlog. Delays in the

So, today I got an email from the Los Angeles asylum office saying my decision is coming as certified mail. I am very nervous( on the system says decision is pending though) wish me luck

rovide Estimates of Affirmative Asylum Application Processing Times. USCIS publishes processing times for most form types on its website.339 However, it does not publish processing times for its affirmative asylum queue. An applicant wanting to learn the processing time for an affirmative asylum case is referred to USCIS’ Affirmative Asylum Interview Scheduling webpage, which lists only the priorities as described earlier in this article.340 Given the variability in scheduling asylum interviews across the country, and given that the limited available data shows most interviews are still manually scheduled, USCIS should consider collecting scheduling data on these cases341 and at minimum posting online what date range of cases it is currently processing at various asylum offices. This would be of particular value to managing the expectations of individuals in queue and in assisting legal service providers in managing caseloads and allocating resources. 2. Make Public USCIS Strategies to Reduce the Affirmative Asylum Backlog, Perhaps as Part of a Request for Congressional Funding. USCIS strategies to reduce and eliminate the backlog of pending affirmative asylum cases is of concern to individuals and to legal service providers, and of course to Congress; if USCIS is seeking appropriated funding from Congress in the wake of COVID-19, there may be utility in pointing out the reduction efforts being made, as well as potential resource requirements specifically aimed at reduction. Now is the time to act. In January 2018, USCIS stated its intention to address the asylum backlog.342 As a start, it implemented a scheduling priority to address the growing backlog. That policy change was never intended to address the cases that were currently pending but instead to reduce the incoming receipts.343 With a reduced flow of cases, USCIS could then focus on the pending backlog. Delays in the
what is this document that you're referencing? can you share a link?

So, today I got an email from the Los Angeles asylum office saying my decision is coming as certified mail. I am very nervous( on the system says decision is pending though) wish me luck
if it is in fact certified then it must be an approval. Referral notices mailed non certified.

PS Bad thing is that the info they provide cannot be trusted 100%

I guess this is one of the situation when officer, who ran your interview got fired. Now you are probably gonna get basic interview for second time or there is gonna be some specific questions about your background.
Nonetheless I wish you luck and hope you will let us know how everything go through

Thank you! I hope that It will turn out well. I hope everyone else can share their experience. I feel lost right now. :(

You can create an account on USCISand you can check your process
I hope you'll receive approval letter

Dear All , i have been reading the 2020 USCIS report and there's a lot of good news ahead particularly with reducing backlog and being able to have real time online case status for interviews and interview scheduling

Thank you for your update

You will receive a letter from the court state the date and judge name... Referral to court means that they give you another chance to submit your case before an immigration court ..So it's really recommended to hire an attorney to represent you in the immigration court. Best of luck and take it easy..I have the same thing... my case was referred to the court.. my date is on February 2021.

Hi Elshabani1,

I think mine also referred to the court but my date is on 10/29/2020. I just got the notice on 10/05/2020. I'm super worried because I don't have much time. How did you get your date so far away?

Thank you!

Hello everyone,
I need some advice. My c8 Ead expires next month. I already applied for renewal in August.
Didn’t get it yet. Only received the I-797.
According to USCIS website (article given below), we can use this form I-797 to extend up to nov 30. By December 1st, we need to submit the new ead. What if I don’t receive the new ead by December 1st? Experts, please advice. Thanks in advance.

“For Form I-9 completion, employees who present a Form I-797 Notice of Action described above for new employment must also present their employer with an acceptable List B document that establishes identity. The Lists of Acceptable Documents is on Form I-9. Current employees who require reverification can present this Form I-797 Notice of Action as proof of employment authorization under List C.
By December 1, 2020, employers must reverify employees who presented this Form I-797 Notice of Action as a List C document. These employees will need to present their employers with new evidence of employment authorization from either List A or List C.”

Hello everyone,
I need some advice. My c8 Ead expires next month. I already applied for renewal in August.
Didn’t get it yet. Only received the I-797.
According to USCIS website (article given below), we can use this form I-797 to extend up to nov 30. By December 1st, we need to submit the new ead. What if I don’t receive the new ead by December 1st? Experts, please advice. Thanks in advance.

“For Form I-9 completion, employees who present a Form I-797 Notice of Action described above for new employment must also present their employer with an acceptable List B document that establishes identity. The Lists of Acceptable Documents is on Form I-9. Current employees who require reverification can present this Form I-797 Notice of Action as proof of employment authorization under List C.
By December 1, 2020, employers must reverify employees who presented this Form I-797 Notice of Action as a List C document. These employees will need to present their employers with new evidence of employment authorization from either List A or List C.”
I think USCIS issues a new edict recently that employers should accept the I797 notice of renewal as work authorization evidence because of COVID backlog in producing EADs. Check it out on their webpage.

Actually I got that article from USCIS website. I can’t copy the link to this thread bexuse it says spam. I have copied the entire article down. It has been updated in September

Form I-9 Verification During EAD Production Delays Due to COVID-19
Due to the extraordinary and unprecedented COVID-19 public health emergency, the production of certain Employment Authorization Documents (Form I-766, EAD) is delayed.  As a result, employees may use Form I-797, Notice of Action, with a Notice date on or after December 1, 2019 through and including August 20, 2020 informing an applicant of approval of an Application for Employment Authorization (Form I-765) as a Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, List C #7 document that establishes employment authorization issued by the Department of Homeland Security pursuant to 8 C.F.R. 274a.2(b)(1)(v)(C)(7), even though the Notice states it is not evidence of employment authorization.  Employees may present their Form I-797 Notice of Action showing approval of their I-765 application as a list C document for Form I-9 compliance until December 1, 2020.
THE I-797 NOTICE OF ACTION DESCRIBED ABOVE DOES NOT PROVE EVIDENCE OF IDENTITY OR SERVE AS A LIST A DOCUMENT ESTABLISHING BOTH IDENTITY AND EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION OR A LIST B DOCUMENT ESTABLISHING IDENTITY FOR FORM I-9 PURPOSES.
For Form I-9 completion, employees who present a Form I-797 Notice of Action described above for new employment must also present their employer with an acceptable List B document that establishes identity. The Lists of Acceptable Documents is on Form I-9. Current employees who require reverification can present this Form I-797 Notice of Action as proof of employment authorization under List C.
By December 1, 2020, employers must reverify employees who presented this Form I-797 Notice of Action as a List C document. These employees will need to present their employers with new evidence of employment authorization from either List A or List C.
We encourage employers to accept new EADs presented by employees as soon as they receive them from USCIS prior to December 1, 2020, to satisfy the reverification requirement. However, it is the employees’ choice whether to present their new EADs, or a different document from either List A or List C.
Last Reviewed/Updated:
08/19/2020

Is it true that EAD is now 1 year from asylum applying instead of 6 month and will this stay in case trump lost
My personal opinion is that Trump will win again.

The new EAD rule is not an executive order that the Biden administration could rescind right away with a counter executive order. To get rid of it, the DHS has to repeat the same process. Proposal for rule making -> open to public comments -> answer the comments and revise the rule -> issuing the final rule. it will at least take 6 months.

attention TEXAS filer:
1.As of Jan. 22, there is a backlog of 52,503 asylum cases in the Houston area. In Texas, the backlog stands at 173,130. Nationwide, the backlog stands at more than a million cases.
2.In Houston, the average wait time for an asylum case to be decided is at 1,068 days, or just about three years.
3.Houston ranks fifth in the list of U.S. cities when they are ranked by the number of asylum cases that were decided there during the 2019 fiscal year.

Which state that Fastest when when it comes to the officer interview and for the whole asylum processing as I read in SF it takes just 2 month to have interview with the officer

i have no answer, my information is purely a guide as am in Texas and currently over 1200 days...so am searching for posts that are therapeutic and keep hope alive