• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2021 Asia selectees

Hello everyone

Happy to be part of the Group , my wife was selected this year after 10 years of applying so we are looking forward for it, we was born in Saudi Arabia but she is Egyptian citizen . I have a question about Birth Certificate , my wife Saudi Birth certificate was lost by her mom . we thought she has it as she sent us photo of it before , so we sent documents by email including this birth cert. however when we asked her mom to send it and after lots of search she looks she lost it .
any idea what to do ? she can't get new certificate since she isn't Saudi citizen
We have notice of birth from the hospital if that makes difference

Around less than 2 hours ago, i called the KCC for a quick inquiry and of course asked him about my DS260 for 2021 lottery.

It has been received successfully and he told me to wait until i receive an email for more denouements.

In case if I have not received any email until the end of Sept. I shoud write/call the KCC again.

So guys all relax and wait and let us hope that the emails will be sent soon, no need to panic.

Best of luck

Updated to this:
Today i received the further dv documents email.
I sent my DS260 on june 20th and today August 28th i received the email

Hello everyone

Happy to be part of the Group , my wife was selected this year after 10 years of applying so we are looking forward for it, we was born in Saudi Arabia but she is Egyptian citizen . I have a question about Birth Certificate , my wife Saudi Birth certificate was lost by her mom . we thought she has it as she sent us photo of it before , so we sent documents by email including this birth cert. however when we asked her mom to send it and after lots of search she looks she lost it .
any idea what to do ? she can't get new certificate since she isn't Saudi citizen

From the official Dept of State page https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...d-Civil-Documents-by-Country/SaudiArabia.html

Third country nationals born in Saudi Arabia who are unable to obtain birth certificates should provide two affidavits of birth attested by a Saudi government entity such as a government ministry, court, or neighborhood chief (Omdah), or a lawyer.

Is this possible?

I have read the reciprocal city page, but I still have questions about Court and Prison Records as part of documents required by KCC.

Q1. If I have the police cert (officially known as the Certificate of No Criminal Conviction) which shows that I do not have a criminal conviction, do I still need to provide any court or prison records? In Hong Kong, we do have government certificates on those but they are not "certificates of no court record" or "certificate of no prison rercord", ie they only shows if I have ever been trialled or imprisoned.

Q2. If I cannot provide the court or prison records, do I need to send an explanatory email to KCC together with all the other civic documents?

I have read the reciprocal city page, but I still have questions about Court and Prison Records as part of documents required by KCC.

Q1. If I have the police cert (officially known as the Certificate of No Criminal Conviction) which shows that I do not have a criminal conviction, do I still need to provide any court or prison records? In Hong Kong, we do have government certificates on those but they are not "certificates of no court record" or "certificate of no prison rercord", ie they only shows if I have ever been trialled or imprisoned.

Q2. If I cannot provide the court or prison records, do I need to send an explanatory email to KCC together with all the other civic documents?

The civil documents instructions https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ersity-visa-prepare-supporting-documents.html say
Applicants who have been convicted of a crime must submit a certified copy of each court record and any prison record, regardless of the fact that he or she may have subsequently benefited from an amnesty, pardon or other act of clemency. Court records should include:
  • Complete information regarding the circumstance surrounding the crime of which the applicant was convicted
  • The disposition of the case, including sentence or other penalty or fine imposed.
So: have you ever been convicted of a crime? If not then no you don’t need them.

Around 8
25403 from Asia, but we don't know how many visas will be allocated for Asia this year?
If anyone know Pl inform us
Thank you
Hello everyone

My husband had the same problem and we obtained his birth certificate from Saudi Arabia 2 weeks ago, but he is presently located in Saudi Arabia so that was easy for him. Where are you located now? Also all the birth records from 1988 are computerized in the Ahwal Madani Department. Maybe you or someone on your behalf can approach them to access your birth record.

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have experience getting a China police certificate? With current covid travel restriction, there's no way for me to travel there myself.

So I did a quick google search and found there are some companies that provide the service to apply on our behalf, but I'm not sure how reliable they are.

I also noticed that China police certificates are printed on a paper with no letterhead or anything, just a red stamp. There's no way to verify the authenticity, so it's kinda worrying.

Is there any company that maybe users here can recommend?

Thank you

Really ? Within 6 days ?
That's very good
Yes, I could not believe it myself too. And there was a Labor Day long weekend in between too.

Many people worry about not getting the document request email. I just want to let them know that as long as your DS260 submission is in good order and your email is correct and clear, that email will come. KCC is working (maybe it was just an automatice reply, IDK) so dont worry. Hope that helps.

Yes, I could not believe it myself too. And there was a Labor Day long weekend in between too.

Many people worry about not getting the document request email. I just want to let them know that as long as your DS260 submission is in good order and your email is correct and clear, that email will come. KCC is working (maybe it was just an automatice reply, IDK) so dont worry. Hope that helps.
I think "ALSO" maybe because your number is in the 5K range, so you might be scheduled early
But it is not the main factor

Are there any selectees from Singapore? Would love to get in touch to share updates. Please reach out to me via PM or email me at testingtortoise@gm a i l .com.

Otherwise, I am new to this forum. Great to meet everyone.