• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi everyone,

Please advise

I've submitted DS260 and already recieved 2NL. But now I have to move to another city and need to change my address. Should I contact KCC or I can change it somehow by myself?

Thanks

You can leave the DS260 as is. You’ll have the opportunity at providing an updated and current home address when you fill out the forms for your AOS package.

Reactions: TZ&
Can I file the AOS packet without I-765, and then request it later (and pay fee) if the process is going slower than expected? Or must the I-765 be filed initially with the whole packet?

Based on last year my DV number should get called in December and my current OPT EAD is set to expire in July 2021. That would give me 7 months for the whole process. Not sure if this will be long enough.

Thanks for all your help!

I messed up pretty bad. Based on @Britsimon video analysis of the latest Visa Bulletin, he mentioned about a possible denial if the photo used for the entry is older than six months or if it was used in a previous entry. I can't verify the date for my uploaded photo. I hope that won't be a problem if I'm doing AOS.

Can I file the AOS packet without I-765, and then request it later (and pay fee) if the process is going slower than expected? Or must the I-765 be filed initially with the whole packet?

Based on last year my DV number should get called in December and my current OPT EAD is set to expire in July 2021. That would give me 7 months for the whole process. Not sure if this will be long enough.

Thanks for all your help!

I-765 doesn’t have to be filed with the I-485, especially since there’s a separate fee for it effective Oct. 2nd (I think?). It can be filed after.

I messed up pretty bad. Based on @Britsimon video analysis of the latest Visa Bulletin, he mentioned about a possible denial if the photo used for the entry is older than six months or if it was used in a previous entry. I can't verify the date for my uploaded photo. I hope that won't be a problem if I'm doing AOS.

We haven’t heard of any DV based based AOS denial due to old photo use.

Hi mom,
1.let's say the visa bulletin will be current in June 2021, so is there a chance for high case numbers?
2.according to the visa bulletin in October, 27xxx in Asia is a high CN?

If you go through the past years timelines, you can see that there are people who successfully received the GC without submitting DS-260. (It's not required but recommended)

Do you guys know why filing the DS260 is recommended? Will it make the process faster? I think I will file it anyway but I was just curious...

I-765 doesn’t have to be filed with the I-485, especially since there’s a separate fee for it effective Oct. 2nd (I think?). It can be filed after.

Great, thank you for the advice Sm1smom!

One more question - I'm having a hard time following fees. Is there a fee to file the DS-260? or is the DV administration fee ($330) required even if you do not file DS-260?

Do you guys know why filing the DS260 is recommended? Will it make the process faster? I think I will file it anyway but I was just curious...
According to the official DV AOS website, it is not required to file DS-260. But filling the DS-260 will give what your intentions are to KCC (so does the DV fee payment). However, it doesn't impact how fast they will do the AOS.
(personally, filling DS-260 helped me to explain something to KCC but it was a rare case)

As per KCC DS260 is recommended because down the line for any reason you plan to change your processing method it would be easier for them to accomodate . Again this is what KCC told me ..there might be other reasons.

Great, thank you for the advice Sm1smom!

One more question - I'm having a hard time following fees. Is there a fee to file the DS-260? or is the DV administration fee ($330) required even if you do not file DS-260?
The sheet “AOS process” on the spreadsheet should help you.

As per KCC DS260 is recommended because down the line for any reason you plan to change your processing method it would be easier for them to accomodate . Again this is what KCC told me ..there might be other reasons.
This is definitely an important factor. We have seen here before for various reasons - often unanticipated- people change ing from AOS to CP. it is very hard to do that quickly (by quickly, I mean less than 2-3 months to get an interview) if you haven’t already submitted a DS260.

Does CN AF35xxx have a good chance this year?
Also, have you hear of F1 students doing the AOS without I134 and were granted GC?