• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Hi @Sm1smom ,

Do you advise to reach out to my congresswoman today or at least Monday? The Congress goes to recess starting with beginning of August for entire month. I got current in June and submitted my AOS late May. Please advise... Thank you in advance!

Hi all,
I am following the forum but I got confused what is the difference between the e-request and service request?
I have filed my AOS in February and got NOA on March. However, my scheduled Bio appointment for the first of April got canceled. Our ASC in Orlando, Florida was opened on 13 July, but so far I have not received any rescheduling. I did walk-in this week but they did not allow me even to get close to the ASC.
I tried to fill an e-request today, but it gives me the following statement that I cannot do inquiry, despite, it is just showing Fingerprint fee was received for the last 5 months.
"Your application or petition is currently within the posted processing times. An inquiry may not be created at this time."
Then, I called the USCIS center and I asked them to do a service request and they did it, and gave me a confirmation number and told me that I will receive some response by 30 days. Now, in my online case status, Next Steps, it is shown that a Biometrics service request, is not currently assigned for processing.

Thank you MOM!
Just slight different scenario. After, i asked for suggestion last time was planning to move keeping same address but got interview letter before moving out. Both will be in same address on interview day. Has applied for STEM opt with new employer and DSO has endorsed I20 new date. Luckily, the employment start date is a week after an interview day. But, IMO can see that working in new address after a week (in I20). Will this create problem since won't be in current address after a week.

Hi @Sm1smom ,

Do you advise to reach out to my congresswoman today or at least Monday? The Congress goes to recess starting with beginning of August for entire month. I got current in June and submitted my AOS late May. Please advise... Thank you in advance!

You can wait until Monday to initiate that. I honestly don’t think you can make any progress today anyways, considering this is already Friday afternoon.

Hi all,
I am following the forum but I got confused what is the difference between the e-request and service request?
I have filed my AOS in February and got NOA on March. However, my scheduled Bio appointment for the first of April got canceled. Our ASC in Orlando, Florida was opened on 13 July, but so far I have not received any rescheduling. I did walk-in this week but they did not allow me even to get close to the ASC.
I tried to fill an e-request today, but it gives me the following statement that I cannot do inquiry, despite, it is just showing Fingerprint fee was received for the last 5 months.
"Your application or petition is currently within the posted processing times. An inquiry may not be created at this time."
Then, I called the USCIS center and I asked them to do a service request and they did it, and gave me a confirmation number and told me that I will receive some response by 30 days. Now, in my online case status, Next Steps, it is shown that a Biometrics service request, is not currently assigned for processing.

ERequest - you initiate only directly on your own.
Service request - you initiate on the phone via a USCIS rep.

You already experienced both going by your above description, so I’m not sure what you mean as to your question of what the difference is.

Thank you MOM!
Just slight different scenario. After, i asked for suggestion last time was planning to move keeping same address but got interview letter before moving out. Both will be in same address on interview day. Has applied for STEM opt with new employer and DSO has endorsed I20 new date. Luckily, the employment start date is a week after an interview day. But, IMO can see that working in new address after a week (in I20). Will this create problem since won't be in current address after a week.

I don’t know if it will create a problem or not. Nonetheless, previous response still applies.

ERequest - you initiate only directly on your own.
Service request - you initiate on the phone via a USCIS rep.

You already experienced both going by your above description, so I’m not sure what you mean as to your question of what the difference is.
Thanks for your response MOM. Now that I did the service request by calling USCIS, can I file the e-request as well? or they are the same? I'm asking this question because when I filed the e-request online I got the message which says:
I'm worried about this message, because it is like an inquiry is not created. But in this forum, I see that others were able to do it.

Thanks for your response MOM. Now that I did the service request by calling USCIS, can I file the e-request as well? or they are the same? I'm asking this question because when I filed the e-request online I got the message which says:
I'm worried about this message, because it is like an inquiry is not created. But in this forum, I see that others were able to do it.

Read this post

WaitingAoS,

I'm 100% that my e-request moved my case forward. Today I received a letter from my FO informing me that because of the e-request they forwarded my case to an IO who approved my case on the spot. I don't know about the other people you're asking but it definitively helped in my case.
Approved without interview?

Has anyone heard anything from the Los Angeles FO? I see couple of people from LA, unfortunately there isn’t a big progress, though the FO here I’m sure is pretty busy. I received NOA almost 3 weeks ago, will try contacting them within the next 1-2 weeks if there are no news. If someone from LA receives any updates, please share!

Thanks!

Has anyone heard anything from the Los Angeles FO? I see couple of people from LA, unfortunately there isn’t a big progress, though the FO here I’m sure is pretty busy. I received NOA almost 3 weeks ago, will try contacting them within the next 1-2 weeks if there are no news. If someone from LA receives any updates, please share!

Thanks!
LA is my local FO. App received by Lockbox 06/18; NoA dated 06/29. When I called USCIS on 07/15, my app was still at the NBC, but they confirmed today that it's now moved to the LA FO. I included a cover letter requesting the app be expedited for a variety of reasons, and when I called to follow up 2 days ago (07/15), about something else, they put it through as an official expedite request, so I'm not sure if the transfer to the field office was organic, or due to that request. Either way, I'll have a response to the expedite request next week, and will update accordingly...

LA is my local FO. App received by Lockbox 06/18; NoA dated 06/29. When I called USCIS on 07/15, my app was still at the NBC, but they confirmed today that it's now moved to the LA FO. I included a cover letter requesting the app be expedited for a variety of reasons, and when I called to follow up 2 days ago (07/15), about something else, they put it through as an official expedite request, so I'm not sure if the transfer to the field office was organic, or due to that request. Either way, I'll have a response to the expedite request next week, and will update accordingly...

Thanks! Sounds very promising! I’m within the exact same timeline as yours, but thought it is way too early to be calling at this stage. I’ll make a call soon and post an update! Hopefully you get a fast response regarding an interview date!