• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

@Ale85 @WaitingAoS @Marco Rossi do not cry yet! :) if you look through the last years' AOS threads for August-Sep, you will see how many things happen literally in the last weeks and days(!) of September. Amazing how people with so complicated cases managed to get GCs. I am eagerly awaiting for the letters too.

@Sm1smom I was thinking to start taking active steps (e.g. reaching out to congress reps) if no news by around early-August but then realized that the congress will go on recess in August - do you think it would be more prudent to reach out earlier? I recognize though that USCIS has a legit excuse of COVID for the time being

Sure, you can seek congressional help before they go out on recess.

Dear @Sm1smom I refer to the response @skip1 received and I feel I got confused (again). The response states that "...case is with FO for biometrics scheduling...", while my understanding was always that the biometrics scheduling is done with NBC, no? Is it just some sort of inaccurate text from the response or is it indeed the FO that arranges biometrics? I am thinking at some point to reach out to USCIS and request a service request as well.

I think you need to stop reading meanings or trying to analyze everything you’re coming across, you’ll simply drive yourself crazy by doing so. Yes, the normal process is for the NBC to schedule the bio. This process as to who does what is well laid out on the AOS process spreadsheet under the “Chicago Lockbox-NBC-FO” tab, I suggest you review it. However, these are not normal times, under normal circumstances most people would have completed the bio appointment long before the IL gets sent, which is not what is happening now, right?

Mom. J
I have just received a call from my FO and my interview is being scheduled for July 31st!!! I'm all over the place at the moment :D

I have asked about biometrics. Lady explained to me that they are aware of it and that it should not be a problem and that it's something that's going to be handled by the agent that's going to interview me. Also, this is 2 weeks from now so I might even get the actual bio appointemnt in the mean time since my ASC is opening up next Monday.

Just a personal note: It seemed to me that she waited until she has contacted me through phone before she actually mailed out physical interview letter. I'm saying that because she has said that while speaking with me, she is putting my interview letter in the mail and she has also confirmed and verified my home address over the phone. It's possible that they would mail it out anyways, had I know answered the call, but just wanted to share the personal feeling that I got from the conversation.
Congratulations skip1!!! And thank you for keeping us posted. Good luck at the interview and hope you get your bios soon!!! Hope to get my call too. :) Even it seems I'm the only one from Denver Colorado here :(

@Sero1033 I am having similar concerns. I checked the timelines of last few years and there is not one single applicant in the general area, let alone assigned to the specific FO. Besides my FO opened in 2012. honestly wouldn't be astonished if I heard that my FO has never processed a DV AOS case at all.

I think you need to stop reading meanings or trying to analyze everything you’re coming across, you’ll simply drive yourself crazy by doing so. Yes, the normal process is for the NBC to schedule the bio. This process as to who does what is well laid out on the AOS process spreadsheet under the “Chicago Lockbox-NBC-FO” tab, I suggest you review it. However, these are not normal times, under normal circumstances most people would have completed the bio appointment long before the IL gets sent, which is not what is happening now, right?
Ok, let me switch off from the forum for a few days... ;)

@Sero1033 I am having similar concerns. I checked the timelines of last few years and there is not one single applicant in the general area, let alone assigned to the specific FO. Besides my FO opened in 2012. honestly wouldn't be astonished if I heard that my FO has never processed a DV AOS case at all.
I feel you man! I will reach out to USCIS on Monda and request a check on the current situation of my case (the one skip1 did yesterday). If I don't have any movements till the end of the week I will reach to congresswoman from my district (luckely she is Democrat - hope that will help). If nothing, I will just wait Sep 30 :(

Hi Mom and all,

I am coming back to an issue that I asked before, though in a different context. My H1B visa expired on 07/01/2020, however my status was recently (in April) extended from 07/01/2020 to 07/01/2022 after my employer filed I-129. Due to the pandemic, however, I have not been able to travel to a US embassy to renew my visa, so I have no visa stamp on my passport.
My CN became current in June, I submitted my AOS package to Chicago Lockbox on May 24 and at that time I was already in possession of the I-797 (NOA) for the H1B extension mentioned above, thus I included it in the application package.

My application has been processed and it is currently under review at the local FO, I found out after calling USCIS customer service. My question is a) whether I will eventually be eligible for adjustment of status given that I do not currently have a valid visa and b) whether there is any troubleshooting tip in case I am not eligible.

Thank you in advance
ElenP

I feel you man! I will reach out to USCIS on Monda and request a check on the current situation of my case (the one skip1 did yesterday). If I don't have any movements till the end of the week I will reach to congresswoman from my district (luckely she is Democrat - hope that will help). If nothing, I will just wait Sep 30 :(
Guys, do you think service request helped to move case forward and induce FO give a call to skip1 and mail him IL?

Guys, do you think service request helped to move case forward and induce FO give a call to skip1 and mail him IL?
I honestly don't think one has anything to do with the other, seems just lucky coincidence.
The other user who hasn't initiaited anything received IL today as well. Same FO as mine.

Hi Mom and all,

I am coming back to an issue that I asked before, though in a different context. My H1B visa expired on 07/01/2020, however my status was recently (in April) extended from 07/01/2020 to 07/01/2022 after my employer filed I-129. Due to the pandemic, however, I have not been able to travel to a US embassy to renew my visa, so I have no visa stamp on my passport.
My CN became current in June, I submitted my AOS package to Chicago Lockbox on May 24 and at that time I was already in possession of the I-797 (NOA) for the H1B extension mentioned above, thus I included it in the application package.

My application has been processed and it is currently under review at the local FO, I found out after calling USCIS customer service. My question is a) whether I will eventually be eligible for adjustment of status given that I do not currently have a valid visa and b) whether there is any troubleshooting tip in case I am not eligible.

Thank you in advance
ElenP

Hi ElenP,

I was in your same situation and my case was recently approved. You only need a visa to enter the US. Once you're inside, the notice of approval for H-1B is your legal document to show that you're in status, you don't need a passport stamp unless you go out of the US with the intention of coming back.

WaitingAoS,

I'm 100% that my e-request moved my case forward. Today I received a letter from my FO informing me that because of the e-request they forwarded my case to an IO who approved my case on the spot. I don't know about the other people you're asking but it definitively helped in my case.

Hi Mom and all,

Thank you in advance
ElenP

I don’t see any issue here:
1. Your AOS package was accepted while your previous status was still valid.
2. An extension of that status has since been approved by USCIS.
3. The only thing you currently don’t have is the visa stamp on your passport which is basically the document required for re-admitting you into the US if you had traveled out of the county.

I don’t see any issue here:
1. Your AOS package was accepted while your previous status was still valid.
2. An extension of that status has since been approved by USCIS.
3. The only thing you currently don’t have is the visa stamp on your passport which is basically the document required for re-admitting you into the US if you had traveled out of the county.
Thanks much!

Hi ElenP,

I was in your same situation and my case was recently approved. You only need a visa to enter the US. Once you're inside, the notice of approval for H-1B is your legal document to show that you're in status, you don't need a passport stamp unless you go out of the US with the intention of coming back.
Thank you @aar81!