Waiting Asylum decision

Hi Facescar, without the encouragement of creating any controversy and with all due respect, I think that each information provided in the forum is important, if for some reason we don't believe it, we need to do our own research, it's responsible that we can cite some source of information that contradicts it.

I think that a lot of information that will never appear on the USCIS pages appears here derived from the experience of each one of us, so at least I am grateful for every drop of information I can read (without consulting any shark lawyer). (@msv5450) He's placing information that is transmitted to him by his lawyer (without being obliged to share with all of us), let's be cautious, here there are many people who only have the opinions of this forum to seek any possible answer or hope for their case, let's be empathetic. Information is power .. so let's let it flow freely.

Stay all safe.

Hi,
if you understand me better, am only bringing awareness to applicants to know their legal rights..
All am trying to say is that if such information is not officially pasted on the USCIS site then applicants have the lawful opportunities to prove otherwise to any asylum officers that refuse evidence on interview day.
Am not saying you shouldn't submit evidence before interview if you have them ready. However, if you have them by interview day as well, you may as well let the asylum officer know you never received any official notification to stop you from tendering evidence on interview day.

In fact, am giving applicants the opportunity to know and understand the law. Am not in any way contradicting anyone's opinion or lawyer. Just to let you know; you may submit evidence before/and on interview day.

Hey I just renew my AED a week ago and now when I check my Lin number it’s saying Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken is somebody have any idea?
Hi, how many days before your expiration you applied for renewal? How much is the fee? What are the supporting documents you included?

In fact, am giving applicants the opportunity to know and understand the law. Am not in any way contradicting anyone's opinion or lawyer. Just to let you know; you may submit evidence before/and on interview day.
I’m not sure you are right.
Here last year information from office:
“It is important to send your supporting documents into our office at least 7 days before your interview date. You can mail them, or drop them off in person at our Anaheim office. Late submission of documents may lead to your interview being rescheduled.”

You can submit the evidence about your case as long as the decision is not made. As long as the asylum officer is still reviewing your case, you are free to submit the evidence. What is hard is to make sure the evidence reaches the asylum officer - the best, most assured option is to hand over the evidence on the day of the interview. But you can also submit same evidence before the interview if you can.
So:
You can submit evidence before the interview
You can submit evidence on the day of the interview
You can submit evidence after the interview.

Hi,
if you understand me better, am only bringing awareness to applicants to know their legal rights..
All am trying to say is that if such information is not officially pasted on the USCIS site then applicants have the lawful opportunities to prove otherwise to any asylum officers that refuse evidence on interview day.
Am not saying you shouldn't submit evidence before interview if you have them ready. However, if you have them by interview day as well, you may as well let the asylum officer know you never received any official notification to stop you from tendering evidence on interview day.

My lawyer said that you can submit evidence on the day of the interview too but the AO will not take a look at the evidence right there. Their COVID policy is to quarantine the submitted material for 3 days before review.

My lawyer said that you can submit evidence on the day of the interview too but the AO will not take a look at the evidence right there. Their COVID policy is to quarantine the submitted material for 3 days before review.
It’s better to ask it in specific office. Maybe it’s true for some offices bus as I showed above some offices had “7 day policy” long before COVID-19.

The asylum interview is different from others like n400. The asylum officer is not interviewing you to make a decision on the spot! The interview, is part of elements he will review when he goes back to study the case. He will study the case for days and days after the interview. Therefore it follows that if you submit evidence on the day of the interview, or even long after the interview before the decision is made, the evidence can still be included in the making of the decision. This process is almost similar to a court proceeding - relevant evidence, can be included in the making of the decision, even after the interview/hearing... The interview is just one part of the process, it doesn't signal the end of your case. In fact, its not unheard of to have two interviews. Good luck.

About 15,000 Homeland Security Department employees will receive reduction-in-force notices next week, warning them of upcoming furloughs in July if Congress does not provide emergency funding.
A spokesman for the House Appropriations Committee, however, said that as of Thursday the Trump administration had still not made a formal request for any emergency funding. The agency said it is having productive conversations with lawmakers but it had no new information to provide on the status of making a formal request.
USCIS employees, their union and other stakeholders have been pushing Congress to address the funding situation. Knowles warned if the furloughs go into effect, the delays and backlog at USCIS “will balloon.” The number of new asylum cases has more than doubled over the last five years and the current backlog is at all-time highs.
"DHS to Begin Sending Furlough Notices to 15,000 Employees Next Week"

Got my master hearing scheduled for middle of july this year, my attorney is pushing me to sign a contract where i will pay him 6000, 3k now and rest in payments even tho he knows my individual hearing won.t be until 3, 5 years or more.
Now my question is, what is the chance for my master hearing to be canceled, can they just send me an individual hearing date without the master hearing?
I check online every day since they opened on june 4th but it still shows same date in july.
Thank You!

Hi Guys happy Friday
I am waiting to decision, my question is if I have a job offer from another country(Canada) can I apply skill worker visa ?

The asylum interview is different from others like n400. The asylum officer is not interviewing you to make a decision on the spot! The interview, is part of elements he will review when he goes back to study the case. He will study the case for days and days after the interview. Therefore it follows that if you submit evidence on the day of the interview, or even long after the interview before the decision is made, the evidence can still be included in the making of the decision. This process is almost similar to a court proceeding - relevant evidence, can be included in the making of the decision, even after the interview/hearing... The interview is just one part of the process, it doesn't signal the end of your case. In fact, its not unheard of to have two interviews. Good luck.
Sorry but most of the officers are not active and smart enough to review the days by days especially they are not dying to accept us . I wish they really study the case and from my 10 years of experience with them , they accept the case rightaway but everything take time in this country

Have a feeling decisions will be flowing in soon for most people. In my case, my clock has stopped increasing the count since June 4th (i.e the Date USCIS resumed work) till today.
The Decision is still pending though... it might be system glitch or something is likely brewing.
Fingers crossed.

Have a feeling decisions will be flowing in soon for most people. In my case, my clock has stopped increasing the count since June 4th (i.e the Date USCIS resumed work) till today.
The Decision is still pending though... it might be system glitch or something is likely brewing.
Fingers crossed.
yes me too, since june 3rd

Got my master hearing scheduled for middle of july this year, my attorney is pushing me to sign a contract where i will pay him 6000, 3k now and rest in payments even tho he knows my individual hearing won.t be until 3, 5 years or more.
Now my question is, what is the chance for my master hearing to be canceled, can they just send me an individual hearing date without the master hearing?
I check online every day since they opened on june 4th but it still shows same date in july.
Thank You!
If I was in your situation, this is what I would consider:

1. Master Calendar hearing is for the judge to see you, read the 'charges' against you: That you are in the country illegally, but since you are claiming asylum, you can stay. Come back on mm/dd/yyyy for arguments about why you are qualified, or deserve asylum. The judge will also call out your name, make sure everything is good. While going to the master calendar hearing with a lawyer is recommended, when you go there without a lawyer it doesn't change anything technically. Of course if you can afford a lawyer, bring them to the MCH. The MCH is just an administrative thing. At this stage, I had no money, so even if the lawyer was asking me to give him $200, I couldn't.

2. Individual hearing - After the MCH, the real deal begins. Since most people are getting their hearings 1 or 2 or 3 years out, I would work with pro-bono lawyers to prepare my case. The pro-bono lawyers, they are not there to convince the judge about your case, they are only there to help you:

a) Format the case - present your case in a manner the judge expects. This is a court proceeding, so there are expectations on how a case is presented

b) They help you source and prepare exhibits - Freedom of Infor Request (to show you have no criminal record); doctor evaluation for injuries from torture, trauma, etc. Based on your case, the pro-bono lawyers will help you get all all this information

c) They will submit everything to the clerk of court.

d) They will also get the prosecution's record against you - where the govt. says you must be denied asylum and be deported.

e) Some pro-bono lawyers would allow you to use their office resources - computers, internet, fax, phones, the address etc. These items seem basic, but for most asylee applicants who are not working, who have just come into the country, these are hard to come by etc.

So, I would focus on finding pro-bono lawyer to help with the case, not stress about paying the lawyer. How:

a) Most law schools have asylum help clinics

b) All law firms have pro-bono lawyers. Your case doesn't require the lawyer to spend more than 5 hrs a month working on it, so most lawyers are happy to help. Besides, it makes them feel better. So, reach out to the law firms, big and small

c) There are many not-for profit organizations who run programs to help asylees. They have lawyers who can help you.