• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Infact we are not in normal times .all we have now is the division of nature and Christ to determine whether we are destined to live life and end it here or elsewhere...lets live life making Christ a determinant...WORD#

@benmed. Interviews for July can be scheduled up until the end of this month. So - it is too early to make the conclusion that Soophie has made. That "might" become a reality, but it is not yet a reality. So - if embassies start to open, or at least start to accept interview scheduling, the KCC position will change. But we also have to watch for the ban being extended - as that would be impactful.

Again - best advice - be patient, be calm, wait and see.
Thank You. We hope the best for all of us.
And thank you soophie for sharing the info

I tend to believe that KCC have only managed to clear extremely few documents since the last VB, I understand that issuing 2NLs is subject to embassies reopening, however clearing documents have nothing to do with embassies closure whatsoever.
I agree with Ahmad , that is exactly what I think too . I asked about my documents before the Covid-19 started , the KCC told I must wait because documents are processed numerically and Im 56xxx . So I waited until the last visa Bulletin was published and all regions went current , but I was given the same answer . After 3 weeks for publication of the last VB I called again and I was given again the same answer . I emailed the KCC and they responded and said I SHOULD HAVE , OR WILL SOON RECEIVE AN EMAIL INSTRUCTING ME WHAT ZO DO NEXT . it have been also two weeks since that email and I received nothing .
It's either that they stopped processing case or those we call have no idea what's going on with the process . It's annoying that we we call or email them we receive a long message that doesn't answer at all any of our questions .

When i spoke to KCC few days ago regarding my case [AS23*** - documents sent since Nov 2019], they told me exactly the same thing, i am listening to the same response since January 2020. I am aware that previously our cases were not current and the priority was given to lower cases, however it has been a month since all cases become current and significantly few cases got their documents cleared by now.

So disappointing.

Don‘t get me wrong guys but shouldn‘t we stop calling KCC to ask them minor things? My concern is that all of those calls will block them from actually working on relevant stuff e.g. proceeding documents.
I believe that the department we call or email is the call center , not the actual departments that do the processing .

I believe that the department we call or email is the call center , not the actual departments that do the processing .

I would defer to britsimon on this one
"I know that those who answer our calls are in a different department whose job is only to answer calls."- No that is incorrect. There is some merit to the suggesting being made which is why I am careful in what I tell people in terms of overloading KCC.

Hi group,when we call KCC asking for docs processing they say that the other deprtament is checking docs,and logically nothing stops them for checking docs even if the embassies are not working and 2nls not being sent ,but we have not seen confirmation emails being received for almost 2 months,so could it be that they are peocessing docs but they do not send conf email yet until embassies reopen and they send them immediately in large groups, I know Im being optimistic and hoping for good ,I’d like to know your opinions ,thank you.

Hi group,when we call KCC asking for docs processing they say that the other deprtament is checking docs,and logically nothing stops them for checking docs even if the embassies are not working and 2nls not being sent ,but we have not seen confirmation emails being received for almost 2 months,so could it be that they are peocessing docs but they do not send conf email yet until embassies reopen and they send them immediately in large groups, I know Im being optimistic and hoping for good ,I’d like to know your opinions ,thank you.

I'm thinking almost same. But when embassies open i don't think they would send 2nls in large groups. You know deadline is september.

I wish what u said regarding documents processing was true,however i don't think , as KCC told me and others who haven't received the confirmation yet that they can't see our documents or they are yet to be cleared.

I wish what u said regarding documents processing was true,however i don't think , as KCC told me and others who haven't received the confirmation yet that they can't see our documents or they are yet to be cleared.
They told me also that the other departament is checking documents ,thats why the normal KCC departament cant see them,and when the other departament checks them sends notes to KCC that answers our call,but this “departament” that processes docs is so mysterious and nobody can contact them,we dont know how they operate nothing at all.

In my last call with KCC (May 11th) I was told that for the EU-region all documents for all cases "a bit over 30k" that were submitted in time (whatever that means) have been processed and that I should get the confirmation e-mail if everything is ok "in the following weeks".
I notice that we all get different responses from KCC so I don't know what to believe anymore...
*EU32k, DS260 sent&processed, Docs sent last time on March 25th

Even if that's their plan , it will just worsen the chaos when they will start sending confirmation in large group because people will still start bombarding the with calls and emails ones those emails starts going out . It was understandable that they stopped sending confirmation emails or 2nls when the pandemic started . But then about a month ago they published a VB and give some kind of false hope to selectees . And now whenever someone calls or emails to ask if their documents are processed , KCC will just give a confusing or complex answer .

I actually received a documents proceeded confirmation email a few weeks ago.

But then about a month ago they published a VB and give some kind of false hope to selectees . .

you would have preferred they left the DV section of the visa bulletin blank so no DV selectee knew what was going on and could panic more? Or where it was so no one else could prepare? Or what? Hmm. I’m assuming you realize the vast majority of immigrants are other categories in the VB and that part of what it shows is when they can start filing documents etc even if visa issuance is temporarily suspended. There is no rationale for those people to just not publish a VB.

you would have preferred they left the DV section of the visa bulletin blank so no DV selectee knew what was going on and could panic more? Or where it was so no one else could prepare? Or what? Hmm. I’m assuming you realize the vast majority of immigrants are other categories in the VB and that part of what it shows is when they can start filing documents etc even if visa issuance is temporarily suspended. There is no rationale for those people to just not publish a VB.
It is only that we don't really know what is going on . Our documents are not processed yet , and we are not sure if we need to resend them again or not . KCC kept on telling to call them after a few weeks , and whenever we check with them , they seem to have no clue of what's going on . I sent my documents in November 2019 , and again in February 2020 . It might irrational , but we are worry , especially we haven't even get our documents confirmed