• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

I just call kcc with CN AS24xxx . They told me the same that my ds260 has been processed but they cant see my documents yet and check again in some weeks . I ask her if they will send 2nl,s this month she said maybe because we are not sure yet about the reopening of embassies .

I just call kcc with CN AS24xxx . They told me the same that my ds260 has been processed but they cant see my documents yet and check again in some weeks . I ask her if they will send 2nl,s this month she said maybe because we are not sure yet about the reopening of embassies .

I tend to believe that KCC have only managed to clear extremely few documents since the last VB, I understand that issuing 2NLs is subject to embassies reopening, however clearing documents have nothing to do with embassies closure whatsoever.

When i spoke to KCC few days ago regarding my case [AS23*** - documents sent since Nov 2019], they told me exactly the same thing, i am listening to the same response since January 2020. I am aware that previously our cases were not current and the priority was given to lower cases, however it has been a month since all cases become current and significantly few cases got their documents cleared by now.

So disappointing.

Last edited:
I tend to believe that KCC have only managed to clear extremely few documents since the last VB, I understand that issuing 2NLs is subject to embassies reopening, however clearing documents have nothing to do with embassies closure whatsoever.

When i spoke to KCC few days ago regarding my case [AS23*** - documents sent since Nov 2019], they told me exactly the same thing, i am listening to the same response since January 2020. I am aware that previously our cases were not current and the priority was given to lower cases, however it has been a month since all cases become current and significantly few cases got their documents cleared by now.

So disappointing.

KCC f*cked up this year big time, very slow start that dragged on for months, all the way till COVID. Relatively fewer selectees compared to previous years and yet, even without COVID, they were not on the track to process everyone. Perhaps signals from above made them slow down to cut down the immigrants figure?

I sent my docs back in October and can't even be bothered to email them anymore as always same reply. As we are now so close to DV2020 end, what if they come back saying that there is some docs missing? I will soon not even have enough time to organise any additional docs they may require. It's a joke.

Hi guys,
I finally arrived last week. So there is one thing I want to ask. Can't I change my greencard receiving address through uscis? What are the disadvantages?

Hi guys,
I finally arrived last week. So there is one thing I want to ask. Can't I change my greencard receiving address through uscis? What are the disadvantages?

I’m assuming you did not update the address at PoE? Did you pay your green card fee yet? If not...I’d suggest filing AR11 then waiting a few weeks before paying it, to ensure the address is updated throughout the system. If you paid already, the processing should have begun already and there is probably a good chance it is going to be mailed to the address already on file.
By the way regardless, you are required to report a change of address to uscis within 10 days of moving, until you become a citizen. https://www.uscis.gov/ar-11

Jim Hacking lost the case he filed last week against Trump’s proclamation. He just announced it on his FB page. He said exactly what BritSimon is saying, that the judge could not find any irreparable harm in the EO as the consulates around the world are still closed due to coronavirus. Jim says he will file a new complaint once consulates open and if the EO is extended next month.

I’m assuming you did not update the address at PoE? Did you pay your green card fee yet? If not...I’d suggest filing AR11 then waiting a few weeks before paying it, to ensure the address is updated throughout the system. If you paid already, the processing should have begun already and there is probably a good chance it is going to be mailed to the address already on file.
By the way regardless, you are required to report a change of address to uscis within 10 days of moving, until you become a citizen. https://www.uscis.gov/ar-11
Thank you for your prompt response. I paid it before I left. Then I have no choice but to wait.

I just called kcc now , the lady said me that they can’t send 2NL because embassies are still closed.
It seems as if they will not send them from tomorrow..

Jim Hacking lost the case he filed last week against Trump’s proclamation. He just announced it on his FB page. He said exactly what BritSimon is saying, that the judge could not find any irreparable harm in the EO as the consulates around the world are still closed due to coronavirus. Jim says he will file a new complaint once consulates open and if the EO is extended next month.
Thanks for informing us, well expected.
It is true that the merits of lawsuits will be more solid if the ban is extended.
Difficult year indeed to be selected. Hope the best for everyone.

Thanks for informing us, well expected.
It is true that the merits of lawsuits will be more solid if the ban is extended.
Difficult year indeed to be selected. Hope the best for everyone.
If the lawsuit Really just failed because “the ban is not hurting people YET because the embassy’s are closed”, I believe there is a good chance on success for us if the EO will be challenged in court after the reopening of the embassy’s.

Don‘t get me wrong guys but shouldn‘t we stop calling KCC to ask them minor things? My concern is that all of those calls will block them from actually working on relevant stuff e.g. proceeding documents.

Bummer. He seems down about it - but not out.

If the lawsuit Really just failed because “the ban is not hurting people YET because the embassy’s are closed”, I believe there is a good chance on success for us if the EO will be challenged in court after the reopening of the embassy’s.

Again, only if the ban is extended because the period covered by the ban is already passed in terms of scheduling - and embassies being closed is the real problem.

I know that those who answer our calls are in a different department whose job is only to answer calls.
In fact a friend who called them to ask about his documents have receive as answer that they doesn’t know yet when their documents will be processed because it’s another department that process them .
So I think you should not worry about that.
However for me , it is important to ask about 2NL because it is the last step I am waiting for, before my case goes to my local embassy.

"I know that those who answer our calls are in a different department whose job is only to answer calls."- No that is incorrect. There is some merit to the suggesting being made which is why I am careful in what I tell people in terms of overloading KCC.

I just called kcc now , the lady said me that they can’t send 2NL because embassies are still closed.

Please be careful with info. There is a good reason I tell people wait and see - the situation is very fluid, and it doesn't help to get everyone worked up or misinformed. I understand people want to know "something" but sometimes we need to exercise some patience.

Oh my God. So we have only 2months left August and September to be interviewed..... Correct?

Oh my God. So we have only 2months left August and September to be interviewed..... Correct?

@benmed. Interviews for July can be scheduled up until the end of this month. So - it is too early to make the conclusion that Soophie has made. That "might" become a reality, but it is not yet a reality. So - if embassies start to open, or at least start to accept interview scheduling, the KCC position will change. But we also have to watch for the ban being extended - as that would be impactful.

Again - best advice - be patient, be calm, wait and see.