Waiting Asylum decision

Hey Guys,

I applied for asylum in New Jersey 3/2016
My interview was completed on 6/2016
At the end of my interview the AO told me we should come back for the decision in 2 weeks and i believe my interview went well But few days later the AO called my lawyer and asked us for some document which we Fax it to the AO right away and the AO told my lawyer we should not bother to come for the decision because he will mail it to me......Still Waiting for the decision

USCIS CASE STATUS: Decision is pending
Please anyone here has same or similar experience or knows what it means?
You have waited for 4 years?
Consider a lawsuit.

Yea thinking about mandamus after the corona virus pandemic but praying i get approve letter before the end of may.
In July is gonna be 3 years my decision is pending, so I also thinking about writ of mandamus after that covid quarantine. This is unbelievable, makes no logic for me to keep someone to wait for decision for so long.

My brother applied for asylum in 2015 and interviewed in Chicago in Sep 2019 but no decision yet.
Does anyone know how much usually a lawyer charge to do writ of mandamus for me? And is it something not that hard to do it on my own without a lawyer?

I have hear several cases in LA got decision in April. While in Chicago I never heard one.
Do you have any ideas? Chicago is really slow.

Hi guys, I recently joined this forum and got a lot of useful information while waiting for my asylum decision. My case was just approved as my case status changed from "Decision is pending" to "fees were waived". This means already interviewed cases are being adjudicated during this covid19 pandemic. I wish everyone the best of luck.

My timeline:

Applied: October 2019
Biometrics: 6 Dec 2019
Initial interview date at Houston: 10 Dec 2019
Interview rescheduled by USCIS - Appeared, but case transferred to Los Angeles (I used LA address)

1st rescheduled interview: 30 Jan 2020
Interview rescheduled by USCIS - Invitation letter not received

2nd rescheduled interview: 20 Feb 2020
Interview rescheduled by USCIS - Appeared, but no reason was given for cancellation

3rd rescheduled interview: 5 Mar 2020
Interview held at Tustin office

Clocked 150 days: 23 Mar 2020
Applied for EAD: 1 Apr 2020
EAD approved: 13 Apr 2020 (at 171 days! I wondered why it was very quick)

Case updated to "Fees were waived": 16 Apr 2020

Hi Demmix, thanks for sharing your timeline. After you received "my fees waived" update, did your status later on change to "my decision was mailed"?

Thank you

Hello again guys I inquired about my case and this is the answer I got “This case is under supervisory review. Once the review has been completed we can continue case processing. If you do not receive your decision in ninety days, please feel free to reach out to our office again.” Does it mean something? I’m so confused

Hello again guys I inquired about my case and this is the answer I got “This case is under supervisory review. Once the review has been completed we can continue case processing. If you do not receive your decision in ninety days, please feel free to reach out to our office again.” Does it mean something? I’m so confused
Which office is it?

Hi guys,

Tomorrow is my 180days since my case received by USCIS (no cancellation/delay from my side). I didn't apply at 150th days cause the USCIS office was closed due to Covid-19 (I assume no officer is working), and it would be opened again at early May next month ( I can live with this).

But it seems the closing is extended to June 4th (wesbite) and prolong my misery :p If I send my I-765 tomorrow, would it be still processed immediately or waiting until USCIS office is reopening again? I also still havent received my re-schedulling date for Master Hearing from EOIR IJ.

Any one can share info/advice about this? Thanks guys and stay safe please.

Cheers

Hi guys,

Tomorrow is my 180days since my case received by USCIS (no cancellation/delay from my side). I didn't apply at 150th days cause the USCIS office was closed due to Covid-19 (I assume no officer is working), and it would be opened again at early May next month ( I can live with this).

But it seems the closing is extended to June 4th (wesbite) and prolong my misery :p If I send my I-765 tomorrow, would it be still processed immediately or waiting until USCIS office is reopening again? I also still havent received my re-schedulling date for Master Hearing from EOIR IJ.

Any one can share info/advice about this? Thanks guys and stay safe please.

Cheers
USCIS currently processes EAD applications because the service centers are not closed.
Can you share your office and timeline? Were you referred to court?

After 180 days pending decesion and first reply was under extended review and after two months send another email and received the below reply. Any body have analysis for this reply are they going to rely do what is written

We’re completing your case and expect to issue your decision in the next forty-five days. Once it’s sent out, it will need to be signed for.

After 180 days pending decesion and first reply was under extended review and after two months send another email and received the below reply. Any body have analysis for this reply are they going to rely do what is written

We’re completing your case and expect to issue your decision in the next forty-five days. Once it’s sent out, it will need to be signed for.
Dude
stop sending inquiries. It is very normal to wait 6-12 months for your decision and they will just give you bullshit replies if you keep asking for a decision in the meanwhile

USCIS currently processes EAD applications because the service centers are not closed.
Can you share your office and timeline? Were you referred to court?

Thanks for the info mate.

Applied : 31 Oct 2019
Biometric : 18 Nov 2019
Interview : 29 Jan 2020 (after 3 times cancelled and reschedulled)
Reff. Notice : 13 Feb 2020
NTA : 26 Mar 2020, rescheduled to April 8, then cancelled due to Covid-19
Office : LA / Tustin

Chicago not only worse place to ask for asylum, it's also worse place to live in the us. The most criminal city, minus 205 billions in budget, managed by idiots, worst roads in the country. I dont know what to add more

Hello. I lived in Chicago 2007-2014. I worked, went to school there. I also got my asylum from the Chicago office. My Green Card was adjudicated by the Chicago field office. So, technically, I'm a Chicago person.

Do I have issues with the city? Sure. I still owe a few unfair tickets from the city. Endured the hegemony of the Chicago asylum office and the field office. Some of my darkest days in America, I endured them in Chicago.

However, I would like to also say that i'm thankful for all the tough and difficult stuff the city threw at me. I think I grew to be super tough. If you survive the Chicago system, I tell you my friend, you can go to any city in the US and not only succeed, but thrive. Chicago builds character.

Notes:
*violence confined, largely, to certain places.
*it is not the worst place to live - it's a thriving city. I'm in life sciences, the good firms like Abbot, Abbvie, etc are there. Since i'm this industry, won't be surprised if i'm back in Chicago one of these days.
*Correct, Cook county riddled with corruption.
*Their roads, no different than what I have seen across the country, including Denver, NYC, Boston etc.
*They have the worst winters - I think I once wrote a story complaining about the winds, the darkness, the cold.

On the whole, in the final analysis, I have fond memories of Chicago. Even of the Chicago Asylum office, the Immigration Court, the USCIS Field Office, etc.