Waiting Asylum decision

As biometrics are closed due to Covid-19...

Wondering if this is true? Cant apply for EAD if Biometrics not done yet
This had been replied before. If you are renewing EAD and need to do biometrics no worries your old biometrics will be used at the moment but it's a new EAD unless you have done biometrics after you applied for Asylum then you need not worry, but if you have not done biometrics BEFORE, u don't need to Apply cos it will be REJECTED.

First of all, I hope that you and your family are well through these difficult times.
I want to tell you something curious that has happened to me, I have received SSN first and even after 1 week the EAD still has not reached me, has something similar happened to someone?
Oh sorry dear it can be USPS challenge you know at this time not all of their staff is working it also depends on when it's been mailed by USCIS and when the USPS actually picked it, it advisable to always check your case status to know each time it's been updated so you can track anything they sent via USPS. Has it got to you now?

Oh sorry dear it can be USPS challenge you know at this time not all of their staff is working it also depends on when it's been mailed by USCIS and when the USPS actually picked it, it advisable to always check your case status to know each time it's been updated so you can track anything they sent via USPS. Has it got to you now?

Hi Kenegod, thanks for your reply, at this moment I have not received my EAD, and my status says Approved since march 16, it's very odd to get my SSN first instead of EAD, but as you said we are in difficult times.

Please be safe.

Hi Kenegod, thanks for your reply, at this moment I have not received my EAD, and my status says Approved since march 16, it's very odd to get my SSN first instead of EAD, but as you said we are in difficult times.

Please be safe.
That's odd because mine was approved and printed same day and mailed 2 days later. Let's hope for the best dear. Be safe too.

Hello Guys,
I hope everyone is safe and sound. Since the USCIS offices are closed due to COVID-19, I was wondering if they are working on the applications who are already interviewed and currently are in the background check process and their decisions are still pending, or they will resume upon opening the offices? I know the background checking process involves many gov agencies but just wanted to know if those who are pending decisions should keep their hopes or just wait until everything gets back to normal? Thanks

Please be safe.
May I ask u how come u received the ssn ?
Heared that after u receive your ead you go and apply with your ead in ssn office .
Kindly advice cause I passed 150 days then submite my ead and waiting

Heared that after u receive your ead you go and apply with your ead in ssn office .
Hi Nabisol!, glad to help, when you are filling the I765 form, there is a couple of small check (second page, question 14, 15, see image below) to ask for the SSN, so in this same form USCIS process EAD and help the Social Security Office to manage your SSN application, if you don't check that mark in your file, my best guess is that you have to apply directly on a Social Security Office (wich it's kind of impossible because the coronavirus)

1586885323825.png
Stay safe!

Hello Guys,
I hope everyone is safe and sound. Since the USCIS offices are closed due to COVID-19, I was wondering if they are working on the applications who are already interviewed and currently are in the background check process and their decisions are still pending, or they will resume upon opening the offices? I know the background checking process involves many gov agencies but just wanted to know if those who are pending decisions should keep their hopes or just wait until everything gets back to normal? Thanks
Hi born_refugee.
The USCIS communication on their website states that: "...USCIS staff will continue to perform mission critical duties that do not involve contact with the public"
They are still working on the cases, there a couple of i765 cases been approved as today, so that's a sign that they are working behind doors, there's a expected delay for first fingerprints appointments, asylum interviews and so on, we are living on a new world so we need to have hope and patience.

Be safe.

Hello Guys,
I don't think they are adjudicating the previously interviewed cases because that involves working with a supervisor and I believe they are doing social distancing. As a result, you don't see anyone here reporting that they have been approved or denied.
EAD applications are not handled by the asylum offices and they do not require in-person interactions.

There is a part in the form where you will be asked if you need them to notify SS for your SSN if u check it they will print and send to you of no, then you go apply for it your self at their office.

Hi born_refugee.
The USCIS communication on their website states that: "...USCIS staff will continue to perform mission critical duties that do not involve contact with the public"
They are still working on the cases, there a couple of i765 cases been approved as today, so that's a sign that they are working behind doors, there's a expected delay for first fingerprints appointments, asylum interviews and so on, we are living on a new world so we need to have hope and patience.

Be safe.
Thank you so much.

I don't think they are adjudicating the previously interviewed cases because that involves working with a supervisor and I believe they are doing social distancing. As a result, you don't see anyone here reporting that they have been approved or denied.
EAD applications are not handled by the asylum offices and they do not require in-person interactions.
I really don't think that is the case, if they still come to their offices then they are definitely working on it. But thanks for the input.

Thanks for your opinion. Possibly they are working with supervisors through video meeting, if not, the office should be completely shut down.

Hi guys, I recently joined this forum and got a lot of useful information while waiting for my asylum decision. My case was just approved as my case status changed from "Decision is pending" to "fees were waived". This means already interviewed cases are being adjudicated during this covid19 pandemic. I wish everyone the best of luck.

My timeline:

Applied: October 2019
Biometrics: 6 Dec 2019
Initial interview date at Houston: 10 Dec 2019
Interview rescheduled by USCIS - Appeared, but case transferred to Los Angeles (I used LA address)

1st rescheduled interview: 30 Jan 2020
Interview rescheduled by USCIS - Invitation letter not received

2nd rescheduled interview: 20 Feb 2020
Interview rescheduled by USCIS - Appeared, but no reason was given for cancellation

3rd rescheduled interview: 5 Mar 2020
Interview held at Tustin office

Clocked 150 days: 23 Mar 2020
Applied for EAD: 1 Apr 2020
EAD approved: 13 Apr 2020 (at 171 days! I wondered why it was very quick)

Case updated to "Fees were waived": 16 Apr 2020

Attachments

• fees were waived.PNG
    fees were waived.PNG
    35.1 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Hi guys, I recently joined this forum and got a lot of useful information while waiting for my asylum decision. My case was just approved as my case status changed from "Decision is pending" to "fees were waived". This means already interviewed cases are being adjudicated during this covid19 pandemic. I wish everyone the best of luck.

My timeline:

Interview rescheduled by USCIS - Appeared but case transferred to Los Angeles (I used LA address)

Interview rescheduled by USCIS - Appeared but no reason given

Interview held at LA - still awaiting decision

EAD approved: 13 Apr 2020 (at 171 days! I wondered why it was fast)

Fees were waived: 16 Apr 2020
Your EAD was approved before 180 days because the AO recommended you for approval. If you have been recommended, they will give you an EAD even earlier than 180 days.
Moving to LA was a right choice. Their office is much faster than other offices

My timeline:

Interview rescheduled by USCIS - Appeared but case transferred to Los Angeles (I used LA address)

Interview rescheduled by USCIS - Appeared but no reason given

Interview held at LA - still awaiting decision

EAD approved: 13 Apr 2020 (at 171 days! I wondered why it was fast)

Fees were waived: 16 Apr 2020
Congrats on ur approval. Thanks for sharing. Now we know cases r processed in the background.

My timeline:

Interview rescheduled by USCIS - Appeared, but case transferred to Los Angeles (I used LA address)

Interview rescheduled by USCIS - Appeared, but no reason was given for cancellation

Interview held at Tustin office

EAD approved: 13 Apr 2020 (at 171 days! I wondered why it was very quick)

Case updated to "Fees were waived": 16 Apr 2020
Congratulations, a happy news it is. I tap into your favour. Enjoy and welcome to America

UPDATE !!

I will be getting a mail today from the office.
When it arrives I’ll be updating you all.
I don’t really know if it’s a decision or just an answer to an inquiry I faxed long time ago , we will see.

Status on the website still ( interview was scheduled ) since I rescheduled so I can’t really rely on that .

Wish me luck!!

UPDATE !!

I will be getting a mail today from the office.
When it arrives I’ll be updating you all.
I don’t really know if it’s a decision or just an answer to an inquiry I faxed long time ago , we will see.

Status on the website still ( interview was scheduled ) since I rescheduled so I can’t really rely on that .

Wish me luck!!
Did your case status change from "interview was scheduled" after you did your interview? I think they do not update that page if anything out of ordinary happens to your case like rescheduling of canceling of an appointment.

The LA office is very fast. You'll probably get your decision