Waiting Asylum decision

so the FIFO is pretty much lame, if they are working backwards and 2015 gets date before 2017, if only they would be consistent and effective, it wouldnt really matter how the process goes, 5 years for interview@shahkhalid wow!
There are some people who applied in 2015 and were recently interviewed after submitting expedition request. LIFO pretty much holds

USCIS announced that when they reopen the asylum offices, they will send reschedule notices. Right now they are closed until April 7
Thanks for the update, my interview was earlier scheduled for April 7th anyway. Hope to get new date after USCIS resumptio.

You are only eligible if you are a tax resident -> have spent 5+ years in the US

OR

if you have an H1b visa
Where did you get this information from? I think an asylum seeker who filled thier tax for 2018 or 2019 is eligible. People who are not eligible are non-resident aliens. Go check the meaning online

Where did you get this information from? I think an asylum seeker who filled thier tax for 2018 or 2019 is eligible. People who are not eligible are non-resident aliens. Go check the meaning online
Check out this link:
Source

You must be a "Resident Alien" to be eligible for the stimulus package. “Resident aliens” are people who have green cards or people who can prove that they have been physically present in the United States long enough to establish “substantial presence,” as per U.S. tax law. If you've been here in the US for 5+ years, you can prove that you are resident alien. Just because someone has been working here with a pending asylum case for the past 3 years, they won't considered Resident Alien. I've been in the US for almost 4 years. I'm not eligible yet because when I filed my tax return last week, they system told me that I am still a non-resident alien.

By the way, have you had any updates from the Chicago asylum after your interview? This office waits for 1-2 years after interviews to make a decision. I'm saying based on the results from this forum.

Well, You're correct!
But, there is a clause. Read carefully.

In addition, you are eligible as Resident Alien for tax purposes. Not just green card holders or US citizens. You can be a nonimmigrant and at same time be a Resident Alien for Tax purposes.

In this link. Please, pay attention to this wording from IRS as stated below;

In some cases aliens are allowed to make elections which override the green card test and the substantial presence test, as follows.

You can be both a nonresident alien and a resident alien during the same tax year. This usually occurs in the year you arrive or depart from the United States. If so, you may elect to be treated as a Dual Status Alien for this taxable year and a Resident Alien for the next taxable year if you meet certain tests. (Refer to section "Dual-Status Aliens"...

So therefore, just relax and you'll see your direct deposit too, as far as you filed in 2018 and 2019.

Could not add link due to spam or error.

Just google: Resident Alien for Tax Purposes.
It takes you to the first IRS link.
Digest it.

Cheers!

“Resident aliens” are people who have green cards or people who can prove that they have been physically present in the United States long enough to establish “substantial presence,” as per U.S. tax law. If you've been here in the US for 5+ years, you can prove that you are resident alien.
Where you take this 5 years? Check your link and go to "Substantial Presence Test".
In general, you just have to be in the U.S. for six months to become a resident alien from point of IRS. Not 5 years, but just half a year.

It would be too easy if the United States allowed people to live in the country for 5 years and avoid paying many taxes.

Hello House, my EAD clock didn’t count for some days now. Doesn’t any one has update on that ? Or similar experience

Hello House, my EAD clock didn’t count for some days now. Doesn’t any one has update on that ? Or similar experience
Mine stopped counting more than a week ago. Was your interview rescheduled from late March to April? which office?

From your update, I believe you can still apply for EAD. USCIS should know your actual date.
Make sure its running before you apply , call contact center if possible, don't assume because it was 149 yesterday they will know it should be 150 today, if it's not running find out why. It can be corrected. Find out...before you submit your EAD application. Please

Make sure its running before you apply , call contact center if possible, don't assume because it was 149 yesterday they will know it should be 150 today, if it's not running find out why. It can be corrected. Find out...before you submit your EAD application. Please
Hello. The website clock can stop because of all kinds of reasons. Now, if you have a receipt date for your application, you don't need confirmation from the website to know that 150 days have passed since you applied. You don't need to call anybody, to call USCIS, to post on here, to know that 150 days have passed. So, please submit your EAD application, do not call anybody, do not try to fix the clock, etc. Why are you asking, talking to people, etc, when you already know that 150 days have passed?

When you can see that the sun is up, why are you asking for confirmation?