Waiting Asylum decision

I highly doubt that your hearing will be held March 30 due to the "stay in place" order. You should contact them and see whether they are working these days.

[Ithey wrote to your lawyer that they have , then they have dear, your status will change with time, since it's been stuck for days without running it's a good sign they have resolved it, give it time it will start running as it should. Keep the mail it will be an evidence but trust me for them to have responded to tour mail, they have done something.
The issue I had was my clock running differently from their own. Has been resolved. Try and download "myuscisaccount " register with your user name and password so that any time any update is made on your account or cases you will receive alert of it. Be safe dear.

ot.QUOTE="msv5450, post: 2518864, member: 426086"]Hey

My lawyer got an email from the Chicago asylum office that they have fixed the error and their system shows that my case has been pending for 28 days (not 10 years). However, when I check the status online with the receipt number, it still shows that it's been pending for 3670 and it's been stuck for days. Did they change the online clock for you after they fixed your problem or is it still showing something wrong?[/QUOTE]

Hey

My lawyer got an email from the Chicago asylum office that they have fixed the error and their system shows that my case has been pending for 28 days (not 10 years). However, when I check the status online with the receipt number, it still shows that it's been pending for 3670 and it's been stuck for days. Did they change the online clock for you after they fixed your problem or is it still showing something wrong?
The asylum office never updates anything! Trust me on this one. Typically, the clock is controlled by USCIS, who, once the case is transferred to the local office, never update anything until a decision is made. The asylum office will not update anything until decision is made, they have a hard time updating anything. You have to physically visit them to get them to do anything. They had difficulty updating my address!
My dear don't use yours to judge how others will have theirs treated. We are different and so are our names. What did not work for you might be someone's saving grace. Grace still exist. One love

So, are you saying that the Chicago office is bullshitting me and they have not fixed anything?
People change address all the time and they do inform USCIS through mail. Nobody goes to the office to report change of address
I can't physically visit them because they do not allow in-person visits during the pandemic.

1. Used the 11 AR form - change of address form, mailed it to USCIS
2. Went online, filled the change of address form there
3. Called USCIS, physically called them to change my address

No change of address was effected - I suppose I'm unlucky. Esp. when the case was at the asylum office in CHICAGO, they didn't update my address ever.

For my GC, the file was transferred by to the Chicago office! They didn't change my address on file, when I moved from Chicago to downstate illinois - they only changed it during my GC interview. They had not changed it, even after I completed the three steps above.

That is why I say, the Chicago field office is the worst. They have a hard time updating the file. That is why I said, the only waterproof step to take is to physically visit them, and ask them to do it whilst you are there. Good luck.

My dear don't use yours to judge how others will have theirs treated. We are different and so are our names. What did not work for you might be someone's saving grace. Grace still exist. One love
The point I was making was for him to do something that is waterproof. In my new post above, I acknowledged that, I suppose it's just me who is unlucky. My advice is just designed to prevent him being given the run-around by the Chicago office. I dealt with the Chicago office from 2008 Feb, upt to 2016 May.

1. Used the 11 AR form - change of address form, mailed it to USCIS
2. Went online, filled the change of address form there
3. Called USCIS, physically called them to change my address

No change of address was effected - I suppose I'm unlucky. Esp. when the case was at the asylum office in CHICAGO, they didn't update my address ever.

For my GC, the file was transferred by to the Chicago office! They didn't change my address on file, when I moved from Chicago to downstate illinois - they only changed it during my GC interview. They had not changed it, even after I completed the three steps above.

That is why I say, the Chicago field office is the worst. They have a hard time updating the file. That is why I said, the only waterproof step to take is to physically visit them, and ask them to do it whilst you are there. Good luck.
Dont consider yourself unlucky, had the same issue, EAD cards sent o old add, unretrievable, being asked to pay again for new card.

Is there anyone on this forum who applied for asylum mid 2017 and has been called for interview, this was before FIFO became the norm.

Hi everyone, my timeline is as follow;

Applied- August 1, 2019
Biometric - August 30, 2019
1st Interview - November 19, 2019
2nd Interview - January 10, 2020
Office- Newark

Still waiting for Decision...
Wow...this is good for you. We applied in August 2019 and upto now we have no scheduled interview date. All the best.

Is there anyone on this forum who applied for asylum mid 2017 and has been called for interview, this was before FIFO became the norm.
I have seen people from 2017 getting interviewed recently. But do not count on it. It is very random

Hi,
Just want to share time line of my case.

Applied : June 2015 @ Chicago
Interview: Mar. 2020

Decision will be mailed in 2 weeks ! And in this situation I believe it’s going to take more time now.

Good luck every one.
Thanks

Hi,
Just want to share time line of my case.

Applied : June 2015 @ Chicago
Interview: Mar. 2020

Decision will be mailed in 2 weeks ! And in this situation I believe it’s going to take more time now.

Good luck every one.
Thanks
Thanks for sharing.

When did you receive the interview notice and when was the interview?

Thanks for sharing.

When did you receive the interview notice and when was the interview?
so the FIFO is pretty much lame, if they are working backwards and 2015 gets date before 2017, if only they would be consistent and effective, it wouldnt really matter how the process goes, 5 years for interview@shahkhalid wow!

Any info or update from people who got their interview rescheduled due to Covid-19.
USCIS announced that when they reopen the asylum offices, they will send reschedule notices. Right now they are closed until April 7

so the FIFO is pretty much lame, if they are working backwards and 2015 gets date before 2017, if only they would be consistent and effective, it wouldnt really matter how the process goes, 5 years for interview@shahkhalid wow!

From last 2 years I was trying to expedite the case and they said that they are handling LIFO, I got interview letter in feb 2020 . And interviewed in mar . I received the letter 15 days before interview.