Green card for the baby born outside USA

Can I ask from which country u come to USA and which documents they see at port of entry

We entered the US from the Bahamas, Nassau. It is a pre-clearance port with US CBP officers. All we need are birth certificate and travel document for the child, SusieQQQ is correct. The only issue is that the officers there do not understand the regulations and told us that the child needs a visa. We went to the US Consular at Bahamas and was offered no help. We ended up reaching out to the US Customs at Washington D.C. to resolve the issue.

We entered the US from the Bahamas, Nassau. It is a pre-clearance port with US CBP officers. All we need are birth certificate and travel document for the child, SusieQQQ is correct. The only issue is that the officers there do not understand the regulations and told us that the child needs a visa. We went to the US Consular at Bahamas and was offered no help. We ended up reaching out to the US Customs at Washington D.C. to resolve the issue.
what contact you used for WashintonDC?

Hi

We the parents are green card holders and the baby is born in India. We came back to US with the baby(4months old) and at the POE, the baby got the stay permit till May 2009. The stamp on her passport says 'temporary evidence of lawful admission for permanent residence valid until May 29, 2009).

My question now is that do we have to apply GC for her and is anyone have experience in this case, please reply.

Thanks
Yes, you'll need to apply for a Green Card (GC) for your baby, even though they received a temporary evidence stamp upon entry. The stamp signifies temporary lawful admission, and obtaining a Green Card for your child is the next step for permanent residency.

But Before applying for the Green Card, you'll need the baby's birth certificate. You can obtain the birth certificate through the xxxxxx xxxxxx, Ensure that all details on the birth certificate match the information required for the Green Card application. This document is a crucial part of the application process, demonstrating the relationship between you as parents and your child.

Once you have the birth certificate, proceed with filing USCIS Form I-485 for your baby's Green Card application, including all necessary supporting documents. For a smoother process and personalized guidance, consulting with an immigration attorney is recommended. Many parents have successfully gone through this process, and with the right documentation, your child can obtain their Green Card.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you'll need to apply for a Green Card (GC) for your baby, even though they received a temporary evidence stamp upon entry. The stamp signifies temporary lawful admission, and obtaining a Green Card for your child is the next step for permanent residency.

But Before applying for the Green Card, you'll need the baby's birth certificate. You can obtain the birth certificate through the xxxxxx xxxxxx, Ensure that all details on the birth certificate match the information required for the Green Card application. This document is a crucial part of the application process, demonstrating the relationship between you as parents and your child.

Once you have the birth certificate, proceed with filing USCIS Form I-485 for your baby's Green Card application, including all necessary supporting documents. For a smoother process and personalized guidance, consulting with an immigration attorney is recommended. Many parents have successfully gone through this process, and with the right documentation, your child can obtain their Green Card.
The baby is already a permanent resident, and thus cannot apply for Adjustment of Status (I-485).