Filed affirmative asylum without return receipt postcard

Mpn26

Hello I don’t know if any one filed for asylum without a return receipt request post card .
I filed last month via certified mail and it was delivered and signed for at the Texas service center .I have proof of mailing and delivery .However ,I haven’t received any receipt of acknowledgment from USCIS .I have now exceeded the one year filing deadline .
I have contacted USCIS to no avail .
Could it be because I didn’t attach the return receipt post card ?If I file again would they reject it as I have now exceeded one year deadline ?

Including a return envelope/label is not necessary. All you should get after USCIS receives your application is a 797 notice of action letter in the mail with your case#. If it's only been a month, I would wait a little longer, probably one more month. If you don't hear from them by then, I would consult with an attorney. Do you have one? Also, how exactly have you tried to contact USCIS, and what have they said?

Including a return envelope/label is not necessary. All you should get after USCIS receives your application is a 797 notice of action letter in the mail with your case#. If it's only been a month, I would wait a little longer, probably one more month. If you don't hear from them by then, I would consult with an attorney. Do you have one? Also, how exactly have you tried to contact USCIS, and what have they said?

Thanks so much .I contacted by phone and the customer service lady was kind of clueless and said I should send another mail to Texas service center ,explaining my issue .But as you said it’s just been a month so I would wait for one more month before getting too concerned .

She is probably correct. Phone reps can only give you information about your case if you have a case#, which you don't have bc the notice hasn't come in the mail. Even then, they can only tell you exactly the same you see online - case pending, you've been scheduled, etc. They don't have any actual information. If it gets to be 2 months, you'll have to write a letter explaining the situation. Make sure to keep all your mailing records for the delivery so you can send it to them if it becomes necessary.

She is probably correct. Phone reps can only give you information about your case if you have a case#, which you don't have bc the notice hasn't come in the mail. Even then, they can only tell you exactly the same you see online - case pending, you've been scheduled, etc. They don't have any actual information. If it gets to be 2 months, you'll have to write a letter explaining the situation. Make sure to keep all your mailing records for the delivery so you can send it to them if it becomes necessary.
Thanks a million.You have been so helpful .I’ll do just as advised and update when I get any response .

They also sent it with the notice for biometrics.So I had that done.Waiting for the interview notice
Wow! It took them 3 months to send you the receipt?
Is your office Houston?
My own application was delivered to Nebraska office yesterday. I’m afraid that I’ll have to wait a long time.

Wow! It took them 3 months to send you the receipt?
Is your office Houston?
My own application was delivered to Nebraska office yesterday. I’m afraid that I’ll have to wait a long time.
Oh yes it came the same day with the biometrics info .I sent to Texas office but my Interview would be in Arlington .

They also sent it with the notice for biometrics.So I had that done.Waiting for the interview notice
Hey,
Have you been interviewed yet?
I've been waiting for two months since I applied just to receive a biometric notice. Did you do any inquiries while you were waiting for 3 months?