• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

I'll give one advice to those who are in the process.
First and most pick up the phone and call KCC if you have any concerns and questions.
As I said they are nice helpful people.
Some here can learn from them.
Oh wait they can't even make a call there

Another idiotic statement. ANYONE can call KCC. I call them often, they know me and my blog. And whilst I appreciate all of them (and the one sensible thing that you said is that they are nice people), I can confidently say they don't know half of what we (the people you are attacking like a spoiled child) know about the process, and will sometimes give incorrect information. The staff there are contract employees, They can't be expected to know everything, and that is not part of their job.

As for the rest of your daft statements, I really can't be bothered to respond. It is clear you have some sort of ego problem, and cannot stand to be corrected. So until you are able to control your childish outbursts I won't bother with you. Just please stop saying the idiotic things you say about the process because you, UNLIKE myself, Susie and Sm1smom have NOT been through the process yet and don't know enough to be advising anyone.

No, you didn’t miss anything. There are instances when people whose numbers are listed as current haven’t received the email and sent anyway. One thing we discovered in this new process is that there is an unofficial cutoff date (as in not communicated by KCC), and unfortunately some people whose numbers were current later in the FY and waited to receive the email before sending, were subsequently informed that KCC did not have time to process documents and they would not get an interview before FY end. So there is generally no need to send documents before the email unless you are in that near-year-end category.
My CN is AF33xxx, bases on previous years my number will become current somewhere between May and July of 2020. Sorry if I'm being redundant, I will ask the question again: I already submitted my DS260 in July, now all what I have to do is wait until KCC reviews my application and asks me for additional documents, no need for me to do anything like send documents or call them, except enjoying the last weekend of the summer and the long Canadian winter... right?

My CN is AF33xxx, bases on previous years my number will become current somewhere between May and July of 2020. Sorry if I'm being redundant, I will ask the question again: I already submitted my DS260 in July, now all what I have to do is wait until KCC reviews my application and asks me for additional documents, no need for me to do anything like send documents or call them, except enjoying the last weekend of the summer and the long Canadian winter... right?

Right! If you haven’t been asked to send docs by sometime in June I’d send them - July is the last month they will normally schedule interviews for the fiscal year so everything needs to have been processed by KCC by then.

Right! If you haven’t been asked to send docs by sometime in June I’d send them - July is the last month they will normally schedule interviews for the fiscal year so everything needs to have been processed by KCC by then.
Thank you, by June you mean June of 2020 I guess. I will wait then and hope all good.

Another idiotic statement. ANYONE can call KCC. I call them often, they know me and my blog. And whilst I appreciate all of them (and the one sensible thing that you said is that they are nice people), I can confidently say they don't know half of what we (the people you are attacking like a spoiled child) know about the process, and will sometimes give incorrect information. The staff there are contract employees, They can't be expected to know everything, and that is not part of their job.

As for the rest of your daft statements, I really can't be bothered to respond. It is clear you have some sort of ego problem, and cannot stand to be corrected. So until you are able to control your childish outbursts I won't bother with you. Just please stop saying the idiotic things you say about the process because you, UNLIKE myself, Susie and Sm1smom have NOT been through the process yet and don't know enough to be advising anyone.

**** Deleted by Simon because I can't be bothered to read any more foolishness ****

Last edited by a moderator:
There is nothing idiotic about it.
Are you calling KCC to check application statuses for applicants? if yes good. Advertised it I would hire someone to do that for me, or maybe not, have a pretty bad experience with immigration lawyers.

I am aware that some of the KCC employees are contractors(from their email response).
I am aware that they may not know and are not require to know everything.
I am aware that YOU may not know everything. I posted a question about my PC in your blog. You didn't answer it and you even deleted it. That's why I called them.

So you all with all your experience are suggesting that I should take the same copy of my PC that KCC will have which will be 100% expired on the interview and say "see your website it's says is valid for one year"?
Even after KCC said I MUST get a new one?

How long ago did you do your DV? My parents did it more than 10 years ago. Nothing is the same.

Instead of calling me idiot take my info and put it in your FAQ.

EMPTY BARRELS MAKE THE MOST NOISE . an African proverb

There is nothing idiotic about it.
Are you calling KCC to check application statuses for applicants? if yes good. Advertised it I would hire someone to do that for me, or maybe not, have a pretty bad experience with immigration lawyers.

I am aware that some of the KCC employees are contractors(from their email response).
I am aware that they may not know and are not require to know everything.
I am aware that YOU may not know everything. I posted a question about my PC in your blog. You didn't answer it and you even deleted it. That's why I called them.

So you all with all your experience are suggesting that I should take the same copy of my PC that KCC will have which will be 100% expired on the interview and say "see your website it's says is valid for one year"?
Even after KCC said I MUST get a new one?

How long ago did you do your DV? My parents did it more than 10 years ago. Nothing is the same.

Instead of calling me idiot take my info and put it in your FAQ.
quick question .. is the PCC for a country you currently reside in or one that you have lived in but not returned to?

Country that I didn't visit since 2012
Then all this arguing is just noise. If you have already obtained a PCC from that country since you were last there and you have not/will not return, your PCC is "valid" despite any expiry date listed

this is from the official site

Important: Police certificates expire after one year, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued.

Then all this arguing is just noise. If you have already obtained a PCC from that country since you were last there and you have not/will not return, your PCC is "valid" despite any expiry date listed

Important: Police certificates expire after one year, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued.

Yes!! I'm in same situation, Susie already responded to him, see below

Kindly explain what part of this is misleading?
Important: Police certificates expire after one year, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued. If at the time of your interview the following three items are all true, you must bring a new police certificate to your visa interview:

You are more than 16 years old;
The police certificate was obtained more than one year ago; and
You still live in the country that issued the certificate.

I know the site very well, I have other passports too. I am a dual citizen and my is wife a triple citizen. KCC told me to pull a new one for the interview. I am going with what they said.
Maybe it's just my case maybe it's a new thing. Who knows, not planning to create my own theories. Will just do it anyway. It won't hurt me. but the other way around may cost me the visa.

that was just a visit for one week. the actual living there for over six months was over 15 years ago.

Assuming that is not your country of nationality, unless you lived there for more than 12 months a police cert is not required.

Note. I did not have to call KCC or anyone else about that because I have read the instructions, and know this process back to front since I have been advising people about the process for about 5 years.

You do you boo!!

I'm done trying to help someone who asks for help then refuses to acknowledge the information given to them.
I didn't ask for help. And what if you are wrong? The year is just about to begin, and as I said maybe it's a new thing

Assuming that is not your country of nationality, unless you lived there for more than 12 months a police cert is not required.

Note. I did not have to call KCC or anyone else about that because I have read the instructions, and know this process back to front since I have been advising people about the process for about 5 years.
All the certificates are from countries that we lived for more than 12 months. Two for me(the US does it's own) and 3 for my wife.
Call me overprepared but will have all of the valid on the interview.