• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

1. Request to speak with a Tier 2 officer when you call the 1800 number
2. Request a service request be initiated and sent out to your FO.
3. Try a walk-in INFOPASS at your FO.
Hello Mom.
I just want to understand the second point. Do I need to contact level 2 officers to make a service request? Am I right?

Hello Mom.
I just want to understand the second point. Do I need to contact level 2 officers to make a service request? Am I right?

Yes, possibly. A frontline rep may also be willing to initiate the service request which eliminates the need to speak with a Tier 2 officer.

Hello Mom.
The level 2 officers put in more urgent service requests to the field offices than the level one officers do, so it is better to do it from a tier 2. I would imagine that they have more power to hep you beyond that of a service request if they felt so inclined, but that's just a guess. Make sure you make it abundantly clear to the level ones who answer the phone that you are neither employment nor marriage based, but DV lottery, and have something ready with references (uscis or governemnt link) when they try to tell you that you're wrong about the deadline.

Yes, possibly. A frontline rep may also be willing to initiate the service request which eliminates the need to speak with a Tier 2 officer.
Thanks!
One more question.
After I make a request, will they call me from FO?
I'm just trying to understand the process, because I need a translator to talk on the phone.

Hi mom,

We finally received our interview letters but me and my wife got two different time slots for the interview. My wife is the primary applicant and she has 8am time slot and I have 8.45am. Is it okay if we both go at the same time at 8.00am? Please help. Thank you

Mom,
We informed the Congressman in Detroit and they said they will contact us in two days. We also called USCIS 1800 number. We got to know they haven’t corrected my spouse’s date of birth. It’s been more than 20 days after our interview. Is there anything we could do at this point?

Hello. WooooW!!! CONGRATULATIONS!
I have one question, how did IO from your FO contact you? Did he call you or were you able to reach him yourself? I'm interested in this question because I still haven't been called for an interview.
Thank you!
Thank you. For me, I believe it was 1) calling 1800 number and speaking to a Tier 2 officer to get a service request initiated, and 2) contacting Congressman's office and asked them to follow up on our case. The Congressman's office received a message from USCIS that it would take up to 30 days for them to get back to the Congressman's office. Since I had already told them about the deadline of 9/30, they were thoughtful enough to follow up with my FO too. With the service request and/or the Congressman's office's follow up, I believe the IO was made aware that we hadn't been schedule an interview (she was well aware of the 9/30 deadline).

I actually missed the call from my FO (it went straight to spam and was blocked for some reason). I tried calling back but I got an automated response that the number is not available (I think the number is for calling only and not for receiving).

Hi mom,

We finally received our interview letters but me and my wife got two different time slots for the interview. My wife is the primary applicant and she has 8am time slot and I have 8.45am. Is it okay if we both go at the same time at 8.00am? Please help. Thank you

Yes you’ll both go in at the same time.

Best of luck with the interview.

Mom,
We informed the Congressman in Detroit and they said they will contact us in two days. We also called USCIS 1800 number. We got to know they haven’t corrected my spouse’s date of birth. It’s been more than 20 days after our interview. Is there anything we could do at this point?

You’ve done all you can do at this point. You can attempt a walk in INFOPASS though to see if you can actually speak with someone or your IO in person. Ignore the response from the USCIS 1800 number, the agents are limited in what they can see on a case file.

Thanks!
One more question.
After I make a request, will they call me from FO?
I'm just trying to understand the process, because I need a translator to talk on the phone.

Your IO may decide to call and inform you of your interview date because the FY deadline is fast approaching, there’s no guarantee of course.

Hi Mom,

Hope you are doing well.

The online status changed it to "Case Was Approved" yesterday and it says that they sent me an approval notice so I will be receiving it soon I believe. Am I safe now? Does it mean that the IO issued me a Green Card? Or I have to wait until the status changes to CPO?

Thank you so much, Mom.

You’ve done all you can do at this point. You can attempt a walk in INFOPASS though to see if you can actually speak with someone or your IO in person. Ignore the response from the USCIS 1800 number, the agents are limited in what they can see on a case file.
Thank you mom. I called USCIS today to see if I can speak with a tier 2 officer to know about the background check. The tier 1 officer said the background check is completed and my spouse will get a new interview letter. Also in the USCIS account I can see a request made to expedite the case. What do you suggest at this point ? Should I attempt a walk in INFOPASS

Thank you mom. I called USCIS today to see if I can speak with a tier 2 officer to know about the background check. The tier 1 officer said the background check is completed and my spouse will get a new interview letter. Also in the USCIS account I can see a request made to expedite the case. What do you suggest at this point ? Should I attempt a walk in INFOPASS

I already said you can attempt a walk-in INFOPASS.

Hey mom,
Just wanted to update on my daughters FTJ. I didn’t end up doing a walk-in infopass with my I-824. I did however call and email the consulate. They were amazing. They escalated my email very quickly and I had a reply within 24hours that they had asked KCC to send our files. The next day I got an email from KCC telling us that the consulate had scheduled an interview.

Our biggest hiccup after this was that Neither of the Doctors in Sydney (there are only 2) could do her medical. We got her into the one in Brisbane the day before the interview.

In my email to the consulate I included everything from my case as well as her age and that she would be protected under the child status protection act. Interview went well and she was not questioned on her age or anything. He check all her documents and said she would be approved when they received the medical.

Just now we received an email her visa has been ISSUED. We can’t wait for her to come home at Christmas.

Anyone else doing follow to join - don’t give up and try every avenue again and again.

Thanks again for your help.

Hey mom,
Just wanted to update on my daughters FTJ. I didn’t end up doing a walk-in infopass with my I-824. I did however call and email the consulate. They were amazing. They escalated my email very quickly and I had a reply within 24hours that they had asked KCC to send our files. The next day I got an email from KCC telling us that the consulate had scheduled an interview.

Our biggest hiccup after this was that Neither of the Doctors in Sydney (there are only 2) could do her medical. We got her into the one in Brisbane the day before the interview.

In my email to the consulate I included everything from my case as well as her age and that she would be protected under the child status protection act. Interview went well and she was not questioned on her age or anything. He check all her documents and said she would be approved when they received the medical.

Just now we received an email her visa has been ISSUED. We can’t wait for her to come home at Christmas.

Anyone else doing follow to join - don’t give up and try every avenue again and again.

Thanks again for your help.

That’s awesome. Way to be proactive! Congratulations to you and your family.

Dear MOM and crew,
After stressful three months we are happy to announce that we received our green cards and became officially permanent resident of USA!
I want to thank everyone who was contributing with their own opinions and experiencers. But my (mine and my husbands) huge gratitude specially goes to MOM who truly a knowledgeable supporter especially when you are in a trouble.
This DV process has some GRAY areas, for us no one could provide correct, reasonable and direct answers but MOM. MOM you are gaining lot of good KARMA everyday by giving many of us a peace of mind. Spreadsheets and this blog helped enormously during this process.
Again MOM thank you so much and we are so grateful to you. Since we don’t have a way to meet you and pay of gratitude, we will promise you to help others whenever people need it from us.

Following is my story and I will update the spreadsheet too.
  • 23rd October 2017: Applied for DV lottery for me and my husband
  • 19th May 2018: Got to know my husband has won the DV lottery
  • 10th September 2018: Submitted DS-260 form
  • 15th May 2019: Our case number became current for the month of July
  • 22nd June 2019: Posted my AOS package off to the Chicago Lockbox.
  • 24th June 2019: Package received by USCIS
  • 2nd July 2019: Received text that my AOS package had been accepted
  • 3rd July 2019: I-485 and Biometrics check cashed.
  • 11th July 2019: Received my Notice of Action (NOA) letter.
  • 12th July 2019: Received my Biometrics scheduling letter/date in the mail.
  • 26th July 2019: Had my Biometrics appointment.
  • 6th August 2019: KCC sent our case information to the USCIS as per a USCIS request (we called KCC to get this information).
  • 15th August 2019: Received the DV (AOS) interview letter (letter was address only to the derivative applicant not for the principal applicant) in mail.
  • 5th September 2019: Attending our green card interview. (The officer was very professional, polite and kind. End of the interview she mentioned that we fulfill all the necessary criteria but there is a back ground check to be done. We didn’t question about it. But she walked us to the exit and finally when we asked whether our green card will be processed before 30th, officer said you will received a letter within a week, you are going to get your green card and she said take care!)
  • 10th September 2019: Received an email notification that our cards/documents production.
  • 11th September 2019: Received an email notification that our case was approved.
  • 13th September 2019: Received an email notification that our green cards were mailed.
  • 14th September 2019: Received our approval notifications (I-797; notice of action) via mail.
  • 16th September 2019: Received an email notification that our green cards were picked up by the United States postal service.
  • 18th September 2019: Received our Green Cards in the mail – officially a permanent U.S. resident!!!
(Note: Until we completed our interviews nothing on our online accounts has updated, It was frozen as "your fingerprint fee was received", everything else started updating about 5 days after the interview)

Dear MOM and crew,
After stressful three months we are happy to announce that we received our green cards and became officially permanent resident of USA!
I want to thank everyone who was contributing with their own opinions and experiencers. But my (mine and my husbands) huge gratitude specially goes to MOM who truly a knowledgeable supporter especially when you are in a trouble.
This DV process has some GRAY areas, for us no one could provide correct, reasonable and direct answers but MOM. MOM you are gaining lot of good KARMA everyday by giving many of us a peace of mind. Spreadsheets and this blog helped enormously during this process.
Again MOM thank you so much and we are so grateful to you. Since we don’t have a way to meet you and pay of gratitude, we will promise you to help others whenever people need it from us.

Following is my story and I will update the spreadsheet too.
  • 23rd October 2017: Applied for DV lottery for me and my husband
  • 19th May 2018: Got to know my husband has won the DV lottery
  • 10th September 2018: Submitted DS-260 form
  • 15th May 2019: Our case number became current for the month of July
  • 22nd June 2019: Posted my AOS package off to the Chicago Lockbox.
  • 24th June 2019: Package received by USCIS
  • 2nd July 2019: Received text that my AOS package had been accepted
  • 3rd July 2019: I-485 and Biometrics check cashed.
  • 11th July 2019: Received my Notice of Action (NOA) letter.
  • 12th July 2019: Received my Biometrics scheduling letter/date in the mail.
  • 26th July 2019: Had my Biometrics appointment.
  • 6th August 2019: KCC sent our case information to the USCIS as per a USCIS request (we called KCC to get this information).
  • 15th August 2019: Received the DV (AOS) interview letter (letter was address only to the derivative applicant not for the principal applicant) in mail.
  • 5th September 2019: Attending our green card interview. (The officer was very professional, polite and kind. End of the interview she mentioned that we fulfill all the necessary criteria but there is a back ground check to be done. We didn’t question about it. But she walked us to the exit and finally when we asked whether our green card will be processed before 30th, officer said you will received a letter within a week, you are going to get your green card and she said take care!)
  • 10th September 2019: Received an email notification that our cards/documents production.
  • 11th September 2019: Received an email notification that our case was approved.
  • 13th September 2019: Received an email notification that our green cards were mailed.
  • 14th September 2019: Received our approval notifications (I-797; notice of action) via mail.
  • 16th September 2019: Received an email notification that our green cards were picked up by the United States postal service.
  • 18th September 2019: Received our Green Cards in the mail – officially a permanent U.S. resident!!!
(Note: Until we completed our interviews nothing on our online accounts has updated, It was frozen as "your fingerprint fee was received", everything else started updating about 5 days after the interview)

Such great news. Congratulations. Enjoy your new status.