• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Dear Mom,
Thank you very much. This is already the wealth of information. I will definitely check the link too and do research for f2a category.
Huge gratitude for Mom and this forum. God bless always.

Mom, do you think is it a good idea to call Asylum office before our interview to see if they sent our asylum file to our FO or not?
Thanks
Probably not, although some previous AoSers have been successful in doing so with the Arlington, VA asylum office in DV2018, it’s not guaranteed to work with all asylum offices. Consider this: it might cause your Asylum office to terminate your pending application (assuming that you’ll be approved for another benefit at the FO). This would be disastrous if you don’t have another status to fall back on in case of DV AOS denial. It is better to wait until at least end of August, and contact your Congressperson to ask them to contact the FO about your case. If there’s a delay, ask the Congressperson to ask FO what is causing the delay. If FO says they’re STILL waiting for the asylum file from the asylum office, ask Congressperson to communicate with both Asylum office and FO in the same channel to resolve the issue. Never communicate directly with Asylum Office about your DV case on your own behalf, instead use the Congressperson channel for this ONLY if the FO tells the Congressperson Asylum office still hasn’t sent copy of asylum file to FO.

Hi Mom!
We are still waiting...
Called them several times, the only thing we got - expedited EAD cards.
This is the latest reply from them:
The status of this service request is:

On July 9, 2019, you contacted U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) concerning your
Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number **********

USCIS records confirm that this case is pending at this time.

USCIS is committed to adjudicating immigration benefits in a timely and efficient manner while also ensuring public safety, national security and compliance with all relevant directives. While the processing steps for most applications or petitions are completed relatively quickly, a small percentage of cases involve unresolved issues that may result in adjudication delays.

USCIS is unable to render a decision on this application until certain issues are resolved. USCIS is striving to resolve these issues as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience. We hope this information is helpful. If we may be of further assistance, please let us know.

Is there anything we can do now?
Thank you!

Hi Mom!
We are still waiting...
Called them several times, the only thing we got - expedited EAD cards.
This is the latest reply from them:
The status of this service request is:

Is there anything we can do now?
Thank you!

You are definitely in AP, going by this:
“USCIS is unable to render a decision on this application until certain issues are resolved. USCIS is striving to resolve these issues as soon as possible.”

Unfortunately, there’s nothing you can do to facilitate a decision until your background check clears like the response already noted. You’ll just have to continue to exercise some patience and hope it gets resolved before the end of the FY.

Probably not, although some previous AoSers have been successful in doing so with the Arlington, VA asylum office in DV2018, it’s not guaranteed to work with all asylum offices. Consider this: it might cause your Asylum office to terminate your pending application (assuming that you’ll be approved for another benefit at the FO). This would be disastrous if you don’t have another status to fall back on in case of DV AOS denial. It is better to wait until at least end of August, and contact your Congressperson to ask them to contact the FO about your case. If there’s a delay, ask the Congressperson to ask FO what is causing the delay. If FO says they’re STILL waiting for the asylum file from the asylum office, ask Congressperson to communicate with both Asylum office and FO in the same channel to resolve the issue. Never communicate directly with Asylum Office about your DV case on your own behalf, instead use the Congressperson channel for this ONLY if the FO tells the Congressperson Asylum office still hasn’t sent copy of asylum file to FO.
Thank you so much for your detailed explanation.

I received my I-797 for the approval of my I-485. It says on there that just because it’s approved it doesn’t mean you automatically get your green card and that they can still investigate your case. Is this normal?

Mom,

Regarding the I 134, apart from the accurately filled I134 form, government ID, W2s and the employment verification letter what else should we get from our sponsor ?

Good morning Mom,
I called KCC and I was told that my case was requested from my FO on July 1st. I did my biometrics on July 3rd. So far i have not received the IL. At this point should I try to get the infopass, contact Congressman or just wait. According to the timeline, I should get my biometrics within 30-40 days. Your thought?
Thanks

Good morning Mom,
I called KCC and I was told that my case was requested from my FO on July 1st. I did my biometrics on July 3rd. So far i have not received the IL. At this point should I try to get the infopass, contact Congressman or just wait. According to the timeline, I should get my biometrics within 30-40 days. Your thought?
Thanks

You should get your biometrics within 30-40 days? Of what/when? I don’t understand that statement. You already did your bio on July 3rd, right?

Which is your FO and which country are you chargeable to? Have you reviewed the timeline spreadsheets to get an idea of the average processing time for your FO?

Sorry, Typo error. According to the timeline, I should get my IL within 30-40 days after my biometrics. i did mine on July 3rd. FO: Chatsworth, Los Angeles.
Citizen Country: Denmark.
Nationality: Lebanon

Last edited:
Dear Mom and All,

Just wanted to give you an update on my case.
Most important, yesterday I was discharged from the hospital. The rest of my treatment will be done as an outpatient. So I can be with my family.
Other thing, my brother just received a phone call from USCIS. They wanted to go to the hospital to interview me, but since I am home, they will come to my home on next Monday.
It is unbelievable !!!

Dear Mom and All,

Most important, yesterday I was discharged from the hospital. The rest of my treatment will be done as an outpatient. So I can be with my family.
Other thing, my brother just received a phone call from USCIS. They wanted to go to the hospital to interview me, but since I am home, they will come to my home on next Monday.
It is unbelievable !!!
This is really good of them. I am happy you will have your interview at last.

Dear Mom and All,

It is unbelievable !!!

Wow ! That’s incredible. Hope you will have a smooth interview

Sorry, Typo error. According to the timeline, I should get my IL within 30-40 days after my biometrics. i did mine on July 3rd. FO: Chatsworth, Los Angeles.
Citizen Country: Denmark.
Nationality: Lebanon

If your wait period is currently outside of what’s reported on the timeline spreadsheets, yes you need to start following up. Not sure your FO allows online booking of INFOPASS appointments, so reach out to your Congress person and request their assistance in following up with USCIS on your behalf.

Dear Mom and All,

It is unbelievable !!!

This is fantastic - both with regards to your health updates and your IO’s willingness to come meet with you.

All the best with the rest of your treatment and your upcoming interview. Do continue to keep us updated.