Referred to Court After second asylum interview

I have 2 interviews at AO Chicago and now my case referred to the court

Can someone shared experience when they are referred to court?
How busy is court?
Court have always two dates for hearing -Master and individual one. is there is way that final decision can me
made in master hearing?

How many days need to wait for individual hearing?

Hi All,

Is someone got recently individual hearing.
What kind of questions are asked?
Is lawyer involved in it or not?

You must be disappointed. If you are going to win this, you need to have lots of patience, and be prepared for long long waits. Your case is in the courts now, there is NO such thing as 'expediting' your case....you have to deal with judge availability. Getting through, esp. at Chicago, can take up to 24+ months. Practical Steps to take:

1. The court referral package has information about pro bono lawyers. Contact the organization(s) so that you can have lawyers, if you don't already have them, to help you with your case. Finding a lawyer is priority number one.
2. Work with your lawyers to prepare new/additional evidence for the up coming master calendar hearing. You might get an earlier individual hearing date if you tell the judge on your master calendar hearing that you are ready to argue your case. You and your lawyer need to work with haste to prepare your file so you can be ready.
3. While waiting for you individual hearing, prepare with lawyer. Submit additional evidence to the court through the clerk, letters of support from relatives, people at church, submit psychiatric evaluation, etc. Submit a MOUNTAIN of evidence, anything, even if it supports your case by 0.0000000005%,

Here is a record of my adventures battling my case at chicago: https://forums.immigration.com/threads/chicago-interview-decisions.337591/

If you do it right, you will be successful. Do not lose hope. Like I said above, this is long long long long long process, be prepared for that. I waited 22 months to get my case done.

You must be disappointed. If you are going to win this, you need to have lots of patience, and be prepared for long long waits. Your case is in the courts now, there is NO such thing as 'expediting' your case....you have to deal with judge availability. Getting through, esp. at Chicago, can take up to 24+ months. Practical Steps to take:

1. The court referral package has information about pro bono lawyers. Contact the organization(s) so that you can have lawyers, if you don't already have them, to help you with your case. Finding a lawyer is priority number one.
2. Work with your lawyers to prepare new/additional evidence for the up coming master calendar hearing. You might get an earlier individual hearing date if you tell the judge on your master calendar hearing that you are ready to argue your case. You and your lawyer need to work with haste to prepare your file so you can be ready.
3. While waiting for you individual hearing, prepare with lawyer. Submit additional evidence to the court through the clerk, letters of support from relatives, people at church, submit psychiatric evaluation, etc. Submit a MOUNTAIN of evidence, anything, even if it supports your case by 0.0000000005%,

Here is a record of my adventures battling my case at chicago: https://forums.immigration.com/threads/chicago-interview-decisions.337591/

If you do it right, you will be successful. Do not lose hope. Like I said above, this is long long long long long process, be prepared for that. I waited 22 months to get my case done.
Thank you for providing details. But when I am contacting pro bono lawyers through phone. No body responding and asking me to come in person on particular date or they say we do only consultation.
we have representative and no lawyer.
is it good idea to go and meet them?
Or can you suggested me email where u got ur lawyer?

Thank you for providing details. But when I am contacting pro bono lawyers through phone. No body responding and asking me to come in person on particular date or they say we do only consultation.
we have representative and no lawyer.
is it good idea to go and meet them?
Or can you suggested me email where u got ur lawyer?
A consultation is required first, before you are given a pro bono lawyer. You need to make an appointment, go downtown for a consultation, and then after, they will assign you a lawyer to work with. You need to follow their process. They have thousands of lawyers willing to help, but you need to follow their process for you to get assigned a lawyer. After that, you can work with the lawyer on your case.

A consultation is required first, before you are given a pro bono lawyer. You need to make an appointment, go downtown for a consultation, and then after, they will assign you a lawyer to work with. You need to follow their process. They have thousands of lawyers willing to help, but you need to follow their process for you to get assigned a lawyer. After that, you can work with the lawyer on your case.
thanks for your time, it would be appreciated if you provide exact address where to go downtown and need to contact whom

How busy is court?
Court have always two dates for hearing -Master and individual one. is there is way that final decision can me
made in master hearing?

Estimated: Master hearing - 6+ Months and Individual - 2+ Years
Of course this can vary but gives you picture.

Master hearing cannot make final decision only Individual hearing can which is actual trial.
As @7of9 mentioned, You can try to expedite Individual hearing by asking Judge but chances are slim

Can you post time lines for receipt, & interviews...

Estimated: Master hearing - 6+ Months and Individual - 2+ Years
Of course this can vary but gives you picture.

Master hearing cannot make final decision only Individual hearing can which is actual trial.
As @7of9 mentioned, You can try to expedite Individual hearing by asking Judge but chances are slim

Can you post time lines for receipt, & interviews...
Applied- 2016 Aug
first interview AO - feb 11
second Interview -June 14
second EAD approved- may 29
referral to IJ- July 1st
First hearing is on -Aug 8th I don't know its first hearing is master or individual or what.

Applied- 2016 Aug
first interview AO - feb 11
second Interview -June 14
second EAD approved- may 29
referral to IJ- July 1st
First hearing is on -Aug 8th I don't know its first hearing is master or individual or what.
You need to look at the information in the referral packet...it has all the information you need about court representation? Have you looked at all the documents you were given? Read and understand everything. This is very important.

From NIJC ---: https://www.immigrantjustice.org/faq/asylum

HOW DO I OBTAIN A FREE NIJC LAWYER FOR MY ASYLUM CASE?

To obtain a lawyer through NIJC’s Asylum Project, you must go through NIJC’s asylum intake process: Call the Asylum Project during the designated asylum hotline hours. After speaking with you on the phone, a staff member will conduct an in-person interview with you to determine whether seeking asylum through NIJC is a viable option for your situation. After the in-person interview, NIJC may contact you by phone with additional follow-up questions. If NIJC is able to assist you, the Asylum Project will let you know that we have accepted your case for representation. The Asylum Project will send a retainer agreement for you to sign agreeing that you want NIJC to represent you in your asylum case. The Asylum Project will then find free legal representation to help you prepare your asylum application and to represent you before the Asylum Office or the Chicago Immigration Court. Once NIJC accepts your case for representation, it may take several months to find you free legal representation. Once we obtain free representation, we will contact you directly. Please note that if you contact NIJC for legal representation right before your one-year filing deadline for asylum or right before a court hearing, NIJC may not be able to make a decision regarding your case before the before the filing deadline or hearing date. The asylum process, NIJC and its pro bono attorneys will no longer be able to represent you and will have to withdraw from your case.

To schedule a consultation: https://www.immigrantjustice.org/index.php/services/asylum-seekers

NIJC provides free legal representation to asylum seekers fleeing persecution in their homelands.

Who We Can Help

If you meet the following requirements, you may be eligible for asylum:
  • You are currently present in the United States.
  • You cannot return to your home country because you have been persecuted in the past by the government or by a group that the government cannot or will not control or fear you will be persecuted in the future.
  • You have been or will be targeted for persecution in your home country because of your religion, political views, race or nationality, or because you are a member of a particular social group.

Contact Information

Schedule a legal consultation:
Unaccompanied children:
Call 773-672-6550 on Thursdays between 2:00 – 4:30 p.m.
LGBTQ immigrants:
Call 773-672-6551 on Wednesdays and Fridays between 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
All others seeking asylum:
Call 773-672-6555 on Thursdays at 9 a.m.

You need to look at the information in the referral packet...it has all the information you need about court representation? Have you looked at all the documents you were given? Read and understand everything. This is very important.

From NIJC ---: https://www.immigrantjustice.org/faq/asylum

HOW DO I OBTAIN A FREE NIJC LAWYER FOR MY ASYLUM CASE?

To obtain a lawyer through NIJC’s Asylum Project, you must go through NIJC’s asylum intake process: Call the Asylum Project during the designated asylum hotline hours. After speaking with you on the phone, a staff member will conduct an in-person interview with you to determine whether seeking asylum through NIJC is a viable option for your situation. After the in-person interview, NIJC may contact you by phone with additional follow-up questions. If NIJC is able to assist you, the Asylum Project will let you know that we have accepted your case for representation. The Asylum Project will send a retainer agreement for you to sign agreeing that you want NIJC to represent you in your asylum case. The Asylum Project will then find free legal representation to help you prepare your asylum application and to represent you before the Asylum Office or the Chicago Immigration Court. Once NIJC accepts your case for representation, it may take several months to find you free legal representation. Once we obtain free representation, we will contact you directly. Please note that if you contact NIJC for legal representation right before your one-year filing deadline for asylum or right before a court hearing, NIJC may not be able to make a decision regarding your case before the before the filing deadline or hearing date. The asylum process, NIJC and its pro bono attorneys will no longer be able to represent you and will have to withdraw from your case.

To schedule a consultation: https://www.immigrantjustice.org/index.php/services/asylum-seekers

NIJC provides free legal representation to asylum seekers fleeing persecution in their homelands.

Who We Can Help

If you meet the following requirements, you may be eligible for asylum:
  • You are currently present in the United States.
  • You cannot return to your home country because you have been persecuted in the past by the government or by a group that the government cannot or will not control or fear you will be persecuted in the future.
  • You have been or will be targeted for persecution in your home country because of your religion, political views, race or nationality, or because you are a member of a particular social group.

Contact Information

Schedule a legal consultation:
Unaccompanied children:
Call 773-672-6550 on Thursdays between 2:00 – 4:30 p.m.
LGBTQ immigrants:
Call 773-672-6551 on Wednesdays and Fridays between 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
All others seeking asylum:
Call 773-672-6555 on Thursdays at 9 a.m.
Thanks I will try it

Hi guys i got my master hearing its on September 9th and i already changed my attorney so how can i find if he is poro bono or not how can i make if is he good or not my first attorney was good about money and answering question but he was not good about interviewing-and helping me about my interview this one is just answering with email and i think he is not care i do-not know what should i do please help me

Hi guys i got my master hearing its on September 9th and i already changed my attorney so how can i find if he is poro bono or not how can i make if is he good or not my first attorney was good about money and answering question but he was not good about interviewing-and helping me about my interview this one is just answering with email and i think he is not care i do-not know what should i do please help me

Hi Reza! ask your question in Waiting Asylum decision group as well and @7of9 can def help you out with this matter.

How busy is court?
made in master hearing?

Hi, i had my interview in Chicago too, in october 2017, now i know is gonna be reffered to court (got a copy of my case) but they didn.t make it oficiall yet, do you know if i can also get a 2nd interview or how didn you get 2 interviews did they just called you in or you requested it.
Also please tell me when did you have the interviews and when did you apply?
Thanks and good luck, please get a good attorney.

Getting a 2nd interview isn't something you get to decide. If the officer who interviewed you needs additional information, or wants to talk more to you for whatever reason, then they will call you in for a 2nd interview.

Hi, i had my interview in Chicago too, in october 2017, now i know is gonna be reffered to court (got a copy of my case) but they didn.t make it oficiall yet, do you know if i can also get a 2nd interview or how didn you get 2 interviews did they just called you in or you requested it.
Also please tell me when did you have the interviews and when did you apply?
Thanks and good luck, please get a good attorney.

How did you find out you have been referred to court?

When I call them, they say there is no appointment and call next week. I just gathered some documents for my case and I want to submit them asap. If I go to the office can I get a chance to make an appointment??

Best of luck. Mines in October