• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Oceania Selectees

Prior to entry, as soon as I got our passports back from the Sydney consulate.
Further to that, Bob - On my MyUSCIS login it says that the GC order was submitted on 7th June and Posted 27th June - so 20 days - much faster than i'd expected...

Yeah I had the same problem. I emailed them about it and they seemed to have made it editable. But it's all for show because if you edit it it will change back to the original in a day or two. If you read the fine print it says you also need to update it online using the ar11 form.

https://egov.uscis.gov/coa/displayCOAForm.do

I found the entire thing odd. They don't even link to the webpage you need to go to. Above is the website that worked for me.

For the life of me I also cannot find out how to add your families case to your own profile. So as far as I can see you need to manually create accounts for your kids to track their case which seems weird. Maybe I am overlooking something.

Hi everyone! Could anyone recommend a resume writer that could convert my resume to the American format? Thanks again for all the useful advice!

Made an appointment with the local DMV using their online system this morning. First available appointment is September 30th.. But that will suit us fine. It will be useful to have a current CA drivers license though..

Made an appointment with the local DMV using their online system this morning. First available appointment is September 30th.. But that will suit us fine. It will be useful to have a current CA drivers license though..
That seems like an awful long wait time.

It can pay to “shop around” DMVs in CA. You can do the test at any one.

There is a trick to it. When someone cancels their appointment a slot becomes available. System is updated to reflect that either at 12pm or 12am (don't remember, but Google should help to figure it out for your area). Try booking around noon and see if you can get lucky

Does anyone remember how to get the IOE receipt numbers? The ones you use to track your application online. I wrote four of them down but didn't match them to my family so no idea which one is for which person.

So bought a car today from Carmax, they were great. Did all the legwork for me. I called Geico from the guys desk phone and seemed to get a good deal. Much cheaper than the online quote. Interesting fact for kiwis (and maybe Aussies??) is that Geico can now access your driving record in your home country. They knocked 50 dollars off the monthly rate because of my good NZ record.

That’s such good news. I am so happy about the access to our Aussie records. Have you got a job yet? Do you think lack of a job makes a difference to your overall quote?

I had an interview yesterday so hoping for good news soon.

No, the lack of job didn't seem to cause a problem. They didn't ask about work.

Yay my greencard shipped today. At least so it says on the uscis page.

Presume that also means my families ones did too. I never did figure out how to check their status. I just hope the officer at the POE did it all correctly for them.

Nice one Bob. How are you finding it over here so far? Any news on the job front?

I'm missing Smiths Chicken Chips like you wouldn't believe :-( Not enough to go home for, but geez the chips selection over here is a sad and sorry state of affairs. Yep, first world problems right there!! LOL

I'm having a great time. I had a job interview this week, quietly confident but they still have a couple more to interview.

I miss the chocolate. American chocolate is kinda nasty.

Actually, how do they send the greencard? Surely not through the regular post? I hope you at least need to sign for it??

That's pretty funny. Pay $220 in fees for the card and they send it in the regular mail. Then once it gets lost, charge you again and wait 6 months for the replacement. Some things are universal.