• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

You already have delivery confirmation from USPS, right? So follow up will be with USCIS.
Thank you Mom,
Just so that i don't ask you again in another 30 days (if i don't receive any notice), is this the correct number to contact USCIS 1 (800) 375-5283 ?

Hey D3Zi, did you add your timeline info to the spreadsheet?
I am myself waiting for the bio letter and was wondering about your timeline.

Hello Mom,

Thanks a lot for all the information! Our case number is 2019EU29XXX and we sent our AOS package in mid-May right after it showed in the bulletin. We received our NOA letter on May 22nd. We still did not receive our Bio letter and when I call the USCIS center they say that my case is still being processed and in Washington DC office (which I guess Farifax, VA). Is it something we should worry about since it's been almost a month after we received our NOA? I know our number actually goes current in July, but just want to make sure that everything is ok. Also, all the agents in USCIS say that the process will take 6 months and have no idea about DV process.

Thank you so much in advance.

Thank you Mom,
Just so that i don't ask you again in another 30 days (if i don't receive any notice), is this the correct number to contact USCIS 1 (800) 375-5283 ?

I’m not cross checking and looking up USCIS’s number (as I type this response) to make sure what you’ve written is correct. However I can say (without checking), there’s only one known number for reaching USCIS.

Hello Mom,

Thanks a lot for all the information! Our case number is 2019EU29XXX and we sent our AOS package in mid-May right after it showed in the bulletin. We received our NOA letter on May 22nd. We still did not receive our Bio letter and when I call the USCIS center they say that my case is still being processed and in Washington DC office (which I guess Farifax, VA). Is it something we should worry about since it's been almost a month after we received our NOA? I know our number actually goes current in July, but just want to make sure that everything is ok. Also, all the agents in USCIS say that the process will take 6 months and have no idea about DV process.

Thank you so much in advance.

Contact USCIS again and let whoever picks the call know you’re yet to receive your bio letter. They can check their system and let you know if the notice was already mailed or not.

Contact USCIS again and let whoever picks the call know you’re yet to receive your bio letter. They can check their system and let you know if the notice was already mailed or not.

I asked exactly the same question. They said "the case is pending", "processing" and the bio is not mailed yet. Another concern is that we live in Virginia and they say that our case is in Washington DC. As far as I know, it should be in Fairfax, VA. I am confused and don't know if I should wait until July or schedule an Infopass (where I usually don't learn anything new).

I asked exactly the same question. They said "the case is pending", "processing" and the bio is not mailed yet. Another concern is that we live in Virginia and they say that our case is in Washington DC. As far as I know, it should be in Fairfax, VA. I am confused and don't know if I should wait until July or schedule an Infopass (where I usually don't learn anything new).

And I said call again! A different person will most likely pick up the call, you’ll get to find out what this person will say. You can call again as suggested or continue to stress over what you were previously told.

If I was in your shoes and I called and someone game me a response that’s not related to my question, I will either follow up by letting them know I’m not asking for a status update in this particular case but about my bio notice which I’m yet to receive, or place another call after a couple of hours.

And I said call again! A different person will most likely pick up the call, you’ll get to find out what this person will say. You can call again as suggested or continue to stress over what you were previously told.

If I was in your shoes and I called and someone game me a response that’s not related to my question, I will either follow up by letting them know I’m not asking for a status update in this particular case but about my bio notice which I’m yet to receive, or place another call after a couple of hours.

I called three times before asking my question and as I mentioned earlier, they said the BIO is not mailed yet and the process is pending. All of the agents gave me the same answer. I know the way agents respond since I dealt with USCIS countless times. My concern was should I wait until July even if it's been a month after we received NOA or should I schedule the infopass?

I called three times before asking my question and as I mentioned earlier, they said the BIO is not mailed yet and the process is pending. All of the agents gave me the same answer. I know the way agents respond since I dealt with USCIS countless times. My concern was should I wait until July even if it's been a month after we received NOA or should I schedule the infopass?

Okay I don’t know what you should do next, you need to make a judgment call on what to do. I also know the way the agents respond as I’ve equally dealt with them dozens of times in the past in addition to reading about other people’s reports too. I’ve never read of anyone getting exactly the same response on numerous calls, obviously my experience is different from yours.

Dear Mom,

My husband (F1 - spouse) and I (F2 - winner) received our GCs a week ago after they were approved on the spot. Few days later we got a call from the field officer saying that we needed to return the cards, so we did. We were told there was an issue with what was printed in the cards. However, no issues with names or dates. We just figured out today that categories were wrong. My husband had DV6 and I (the winner) had DV7, and it should be the opposite. I am wondering if you recall any situation like this in the past and what your suggestions are on what we could do.

I am not clear on what our current status is.

Thanks for your time.

Dear Mom,

My husband (F1 - spouse) and I (F2 - winner) received our GCs a week ago after they were approved on the spot. Few days later we got a call from the field officer saying that we needed to return the cards, so we did. We were told there was an issue with what was printed in the cards. However, no issues with names or dates. We just figured out today that categories were wrong. My husband had DV6 and I (the winner) had DV7, and it should be the opposite. I am wondering if you recall any situation like this in the past and what your suggestions are on what we could do.

Thanks for your time.

Just want to add that the Welcome Letters also show the same mistake. From that, I would assume the issue come even from the KCC?!

Dear Mom,

Thanks for your time.

Hopefully you made copies of the GC before returning them. Yes I’ve heard of GC being returned due to some error on them. The good news is the error is from USCIS, so no replacement fee is applicable. The bad news is replacement typically takes several months, could be anywhere between 7 to 11 months before the replacement cards gets sent.

I’m guessing you had to mail in the cards, right? You’ll be receiving a NOA once USCIS receives the card. Take the NOA to your FO and request for an I-551 (temporary GC) on your passport. The stamp could be issued for six or twelve months, pending when the new GC gets sent back.

I’m not cross checking and looking up USCIS’s number (as I type this response) to make sure what you’ve written is correct. However I can say (without checking), there’s only one known number for reaching USCIS.
Hi Mom,
Just to share with you, I called USPS and they confirmed that my package was picked up at 6/6 at 5:30 AM , then I called USCIS to verify whether or not they have received my package and the person was very cooperative over the phone, he spent enough time looking up my A-number, my spouse's A-number and even my son's A-number and he said that he couldn't find anything! I asked if he can search by SSN but he said that won't help because if the case was received then someone should have updated the system and that the A-number would 've been associated with all my other details. He said he documented our call and he recorded my email address and phone number and asked me to call back on Monday and ask to talk to Teir 2 as he can't do anything at this point.
I will call back on Monday and will see what happens, hopefully my package is not lost.

Thanks

Hi mom ,
Is there a way to purchase a mailbox from USPS to get all your mail in a mailbox , other than getting it delivered to the address you live in ?
(I’m waiting for my bio and going to move out of the current place soon (same FO ) )

Hopefully you made copies of the GC before returning them. Yes I’ve heard of GC being returned due to some error on them. The good news is the error is from USCIS, so no replacement fee is applicable. The bad news is replacement typically takes several months, could be anywhere between 7 to 11 months before the replacement cards gets sent.

I’m guessing you had to mail in the cards, right? You’ll be receiving a NOA once USCIS receives the card. Take the NOA to your FO and request for an I-551 (temporary GC) on your passport. The stamp could be issued for six or twelve months, pending when the new GC gets sent back.

Thanks for your prompt reply.
Yes, we made copies of the cards. We went directly to the Field Office and handed the cards to the officer we had the interview with.
I believe the mistake was made as early as at the time the application was processed in the KCC. Likely the field officer did not realize of it while he received and later approved.

If this were the case,
1. Do you think the case would remain approved, and so a I-551 is possible?
2. If No on question #1, what do you believe is our current status? F1/F2?

Thanks for your time

Hi mom ,
Is there a way to purchase a mailbox from USPS to get all your mail in a mailbox , other than getting it delivered to the address you live in ?
(I’m waiting for my bio and going to move out of the current place soon (same FO ) )

AFAIK, USPS will not deliver a USCIS mail to any other place other than the address on the envelope. The mail will be returned to USCIS if USPS is able to determine you no longer reside at the listed address.

AFAIK, USPS will not deliver a USCIS mail to any other place other than the address on the envelope. The mail will be returned to USCIS if USPS is able to determine you no longer reside at the listed address.
Thank you very much mom !! Saved my worrying about the mailbox