• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Hi everyone,

2019EU26XXX here. I attended my interview this morning and just saw that my card has been ordered. Thank you so much to @Sm1smom, @Britsimon, and everyone else here on this forum for having provided the wealth of knowledge and information necessary to navigate the process – I am not sure if I would have been able to do it alone.

Overall, I am surprised at how quickly the entire process took for me. My package arrived at the USCIS Lockbox on May 4, and only a month and a half later, here I am receiving word that my card is being produced.

I pretty much followed the spreadsheet to the letter. I submitted the DS-260 in March, and started working on the rest of the application in April upon seeing that I was to be current in June. I didn't have my original birth certificate at the time, and so I had to obtain that from the original issuing authority (I was born in Germany, but am a citizen of a country that is not eligible for the lottery). Other than that, I had all of the other required documents on hand. I did not submit an affidavit of support with my application (Form I-134).

The interview itself was really smooth. I was paired specifically with an officer who had had previous experience doing DV cases. The interview took roughly 15 minutes from when I entered her office to when I left. She only needed to see my current passport and proof that I had paid the $330 fee to the Department of State. After that, we went through my I-485 together, and she added an international trip that I had taken after the original submission (I was on an H-1B and so there was no risk of abandoning my application). Didn't get a letter or anything when the interview concluded, but she said that I would see a case update by the end of the day (and I did – the online status updated to card production by late afternoon).

Good luck to everyone else who is still working on their applications! I'd be happy to answer any questions about my particular case. I have also updated the timeline spreadsheet with my dates.

Hi everyone,

1. Do I need to submit the copies of my two expired EAD cards with AOS package? Or only all of my I-20s?
2. Do I need to submit the copies of my W-2s (for the past of 1 to 3 years)? How about a copy of SSN? Even though I am a student now.
3. I am going to fill out the I-134 so do I need to submit my previous tax returns? Or just the tax returns of the sponsor?

Thank you all!

Please see the AOS process spreadsheet.

Hi Mom,

I got the two NOAs today for me and for my spouse(derivative). The date of birth (year) of my spouse was incorrect on the NOA. When I checked back the I-485 its our mistake. We looked through these forms thousand times but never found the error. I will call USCIS tomorrow about the error in NOA. Do you think this will lead to a possible denial or rejection?

It will not lead to a denial. Contact USCIS and request they update the date. Also inform IO when you go for your interview, just in case the error is still in the system.

After 210 days I got an Interview letter but my husband(derivative applicant) didn't receive his IL and there is no indication on my interview letter that I should bring my husband in Interview.

1. Can anybody suggest me what to do? whether to go alone or together with my husband?

A separate letter will probably show up for him in the next couple of days. Nonetheless, attend the interview together

Hi everyone,

2019EU26XXX here. I attended my interview this morning and just saw that my card has been ordered. Thank you so much to @Sm1smom, @Britsimon, and everyone else here on this forum for having provided the wealth of knowledge and information necessary to navigate the process – I am not sure if I would have been able to do it alone.

Overall, I am surprised at how quickly the entire process took for me. My package arrived at the USCIS Lockbox on May 4, and only a month and a half later, here I am receiving word that my card is being produced.

I pretty much followed the spreadsheet to the letter. I submitted the DS-260 in March, and started working on the rest of the application in April upon seeing that I was to be current in June. I didn't have my original birth certificate at the time, and so I had to obtain that from the original issuing authority (I was born in Germany, but am a citizen of a country that is not eligible for the lottery). Other than that, I had all of the other required documents on hand. I did not submit an affidavit of support with my application (Form I-134).

The interview itself was really smooth. I was paired specifically with an officer who had had previous experience doing DV cases. The interview took roughly 15 minutes from when I entered her office to when I left. She only needed to see my current passport and proof that I had paid the $330 fee to the Department of State. After that, we went through my I-485 together, and she added an international trip that I had taken after the original submission (I was on an H-1B and so there was no risk of abandoning my application). Didn't get a letter or anything when the interview concluded, but she said that I would see a case update by the end of the day (and I did – the online status updated to card production by late afternoon).

Good luck to everyone else who is still working on their applications! I'd be happy to answer any questions about my particular case. I have also updated the timeline spreadsheet with my dates.

Congratulations. That was super fast.

1. Message is normal.
2. Is the time range you’re referencing for your FO alone or for everyone in general? The time range of everyone in general is not the one you should be comparing your Timeline with.
3. You’ll need to call.

p.s. if you wish for other members to benefit from you like you’re benefiting from those before you, you need to enter your timeline information on the spreadsheet yourself. I don’t do so for users.

Thanks @Sm1smom for the quick response (as always)!

I was under the impression that the timeline spreadsheet is read-only and only forum administrators can edit it. Extremely sorry for the misunderstanding. Today I requested edit access to it and I will enter my details in the timeline spreadsheet.

Latest Status:

Today I revived the interview letters for me and my spouse.

Question:

We did not receive an interview letter for my 7 year old son. Don't they send interview letters for children? Please advice on this.

Thanks again!

I was under the impression that the timeline spreadsheet is read-only and only forum administrators can edit it. Extremely sorry for the misunderstanding. Today I requested edit access to it and I will enter my details in the timeline spreadsheet.

Latest Status:

Question:

We did not receive an interview letter for my 7 year old son. Don't they send interview letters for children? Please advice on this.

Thanks again!

Spreadsheet access granted.

Congratulations on getting your IL. Don’t stress about IL for your son, just take him along to your interview.

Latest Status:

Question:

Thanks again!

Hi,

Yes, they send interview letters for kids. My 2 year old received one. It probably will come in a couple of days.

Hi,
Just a quick question. I received my Interview appt in the mail and they have specified for me to bring my updated financial information. Is the i-134 form mandatory? I don't really have anyone to fill it out for me but already supplied Tax returns for past 3 years showing $80k + a year earnings as well as bank statements. If I were to bring a job offer would that suffice or does everyone generally need to have the i-134 form?
Thankyou

Hi mom,

We received our NOA letters on June 14th, (but in our letter mentioned received date: June 10th), but we haven't received our biometric letter yet. Is it something we should be worried about it or still we have time? In addition, if we don't get our biometric, what does it mean? does it mean rejection? or no, when we got our NOA letters, it means they accepted our documentation?

Thank you,

P.S. As a reminder, I'm the one with pending asylum case in Fairfax FO(lucky one,lol)

Your work visa will no longer be valid once your AOS petition is approved. You’ll either need to wait for the actual GC or get an I-551 stamp (temporary GC) on your passport in order to return.

If you depart before your AOS petition is approved, (even if interview has already taken place) and your current visa is not a dual intent one, your AOS petition will be considered abandoned and subsequently denied, unless of course you already have an approved AP card.

Hi Mom,
"your work visa will no longer be valid once your petition is approved" !! So does that mean , i lose my H1b status right after the petition is approved? I received my NOA today (no news on the biometrics yet, as expected), and I am terrified to know that my H1b is no longer valid??!!
does that mean , if GC is not processed before september, they will revoke my H1b visa?

Hi,
Just a quick question. I received my Interview appt in the mail and they have specified for me to bring my updated financial information. Is the i-134 form mandatory? I don't really have anyone to fill it out for me but already supplied Tax returns for past 3 years showing $80k + a year earnings as well as bank statements. If I were to bring a job offer would that suffice or does everyone generally need to have the i-134 form?
Thankyou
Nevermind. They just got back to me and said they want an updated job offer and last 3 pay stubs. Which im assuming most people have to provide?

Hi,
Thankyou

You wouldn’t be expected to produce an I-134 if you’re currently employed and you can present documents showing your current income is above the applicable poverty guideline level for your case. So don’t stress about the I-134 request.

Hi mom,

We received our NOA letters on June 14th, (but in our letter mentioned received date: June 10th), but we haven't received our biometric letter yet. Is it something we should be worried about it or still we have time? In addition, if we don't get our biometric, what does it mean? does it mean rejection? or no, when we got our NOA letters, it means they accepted our documentation?

Thank you,

P.S. As a reminder, I'm the one with pending asylum case in Fairfax FO(lucky one,lol)

It’s only be like 10 days since your package was received. Be patient for the bio notice. Take a look at the timeline spreadsheet to get an idea of how long others waited before receiving the bio notice.

Hi Mom,
"your work visa will no longer be valid once your petition is approved" !! So does that mean , i lose my H1b status right after the petition is approved? I received my NOA today (no news on the biometrics yet, as expected), and I am terrified to know that my H1b is no longer valid??!!
does that mean , if GC is not processed before september, they will revoke my H1b visa?

You’re getting yourself confused with a NOA (Notice of Acceptance) which gets sent when your AOS petition is accepted by the Chicago Lockbox and a petition approval, which happens at the end of the process (which is when you get a GC approval).

Since all you’ve received is the NOA following AOS package submission, your current H1B status is still intact. You don’t currently have a GC approval.