• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Hello Mom and everyone,
Today I got Cpo without interview. I’m just wondering they didn’t stamp on my passport. Is that necessary? Or after green card am I should to go uscis for stamp?

Also I’m using cell phone and I find to spreadsheet.
But I can’t write anything just I can see the spreadsheet.
Am I should to use computer for that page?

Thank you so much again Mom❤️ And everyone..

Hello Mom and everyone,
Today I got Cpo without interview. I’m just wondering they didn’t stamp on my passport. Is that necessary? Or after green card am I should to go uscis for stamp?

Also I’m using cell phone and I find to spreadsheet.
But I can’t write anything just I can see the spreadsheet.
Am I should to use computer for that page?

Thank you so much again Mom❤️ And everyone..

You don’t need a stamp on your passport, the plastic GC which you should be getting in the next two to three weeks is all you need.

Use a computer to access the spreadsheet which will prompt you to send an access request in order to edit the spreadsheet.

Hello,
(summary) E2 living in the US, EU20xxx, Family of 5 - 4 AOS in San Francisco - 1 CP in Canada.
1/ I missed totally to notify KCC about my AOS/CP choice (I though that filling DS-260 forms was sufficient). SFO FO mail me this week saying that KCC was not releasing the visa packet because I paid DV fees only for 4 people instead of 5. Contacted KCC by phone and they asked me to send an email to confirm our choices. KCC replied my email with this very precise statement "The information you provided will be forwarded to the appropriate department.". Hopefully, it means they will contact back SFO FO and the delay impact will be minor. In any case, if you read this message, do not forget to send KCC an email confirming your AOS/CP choices.
2/ I am a bit lost about documents to sent to KCC for the CP one. Should I send the documents for him only (e.g. not adding documents related to me or my other dependants) to KCC and do it immediately knowing that time is ticking for CP process or wait for GC approval and follow-to-join request approval though submitting form i-824?
Many thanks in advance,
Eric.

Hello,
(summary) E2 living in the US, EU20xxx, Family of 5 - 4 AOS in San Francisco - 1 CP in Canada.
1/ I missed totally to notify KCC about my AOS/CP choice (I though that filling DS-260 forms was sufficient). SFO FO mail me this week saying that KCC was not releasing the visa packet because I paid DV fees only for 4 people instead of 5. Contacted KCC by phone and they asked me to send an email to confirm our choices. KCC replied my email with this very precise statement "The information you provided will be forwarded to the appropriate department.". Hopefully, it means they will contact back SFO FO and the delay impact will be minor. In any case, if you read this message, do not forget to send KCC an email confirming your AOS/CP choices.
2/ I am a bit lost about documents to sent to KCC for the CP one. Should I send the documents for him only (e.g. not adding documents related to me or my other dependants) to KCC and do it immediately knowing that time is ticking for CP process or wait for GC approval and follow-to-join request approval though submitting form i-824?
Many thanks in advance,
Eric.

1. Did you indicate FTJ on the DS260 form? That has always been enough notification for KCC for people in similar situations in the past. However the newly introduced system of requiring CPers to submit documents is probably responsible for the issue you’re now facing.

2. Documents should be for your kid only. Include another reminder to KCC stating the rest of the family is processing AOS. Check in with KCC a couple of days after sending the documents to confirm their receipt. You’ll need to be highly proactive for the FTJ portion.

1. Did you indicate FTJ on the DS260 form? That has always been enough notification for KCC for people in similar situations in the past. However the newly introduced system of requiring CPers to submit documents is probably responsible for the issue you’re now facing.

2. Documents should be for your kid only. Include another reminder to KCC stating the rest of the family is processing AOS. Check in with KCC a couple of days after sending the documents to confirm their receipt. You’ll need to be highly proactive for the FTJ portion.

Thanks Mom for the prompt answers as usual!

1/ I just re-checked the submitted DS-260 and except setting the location for interview, I did not find a field for indicating follow-to-join. However, in my application, he was listed not living in the US and immigrating with me. I do think as well that the new documents submission process is responsible of that. KCC also indicated me to contact them back in a couple of days.

2/ The documents will be submitted today. I will update the Google spreadsheet comment section on the FTJ progress.

Best,
Eric.

Thanks Mom for the prompt answers as usual!

1/ I just re-checked the submitted DS-260 and except setting the location for interview, I did not find a field for indicating follow-to-join. However, in my application, he was listed not living in the US and immigrating with me. I do think as well that the new documents submission process is responsible of that. KCC also indicated me to contact them back in a couple of days.

2/ The documents will be submitted today. I will update the Google spreadsheet comment section on the FTJ progress.

Best,
Eric.

If you had selected ‘No’ for the section that says “Is this child immigrating with you?”, there would have been a follow up question asking if the child is immigrating at a later stage in which case you’ll now select yes. You didn’t get the follow up question because you selected yes under the first question which came across like the child was going through the same process as you.

KCC can’t figure out the process your son was planning on going with based on his address alone considering it is not unusual for people processing CP for instance, to have different addresses listed and for them to travel down and join the main petitioner when their interview gets scheduled.

If you had selected ‘No’ for the section that says “Is this child immigrating with you?”, there would have been a follow up question asking if the child is immigrating at a later stage in which case you’ll now select yes. You didn’t get the follow up question because you selected yes under the first question which came across like the child was going through the same process as you.

KCC can’t figure out the process your son was planning on going with based on his address alone considering it is not unusual for people processing CP for instance, to have different addresses listed and for them to travel down and join the main petitioner when their interview gets scheduled.
Thanks Mom!

Kind of tricky logic... Hopefully I do not need to reopen my form to correct this mistake based on my email. Will check with KCC.

Best,
Eric.

Hello,
Many thanks in advance,
Eric.
Do you mean that even if you received AOS confirmation letter from KCC you still need to send them an email to confirm your choice?

Hello Sm1smom,

I just wanted double check with you. I am here as an F1 student. I sent my package with documents recently, received notice letter and bio letter yesterday. I am planning to do walk in for biometrics next week. The thing is that I did not file DS260. My number was pretty high, so I was not sure if I would be able to do AOS at all. So I just completed i-485 form and sent it along with supporting documents. But since I am going through the forum, there is a situation happen when FO can request the file from KCC. Can it be a problem, that I did not complete DS260 before and then an officer can request a file from KCC but I don't have one? Should I complete DS260 right now after I filed already AOS?

Hello Sm1smom,

I just wanted double check with you. I am here as an F1 student. I sent my package with documents recently, received notice letter and bio letter yesterday. I am planning to do walk in for biometrics next week. The thing is that I did not file DS260. My number was pretty high, so I was not sure if I would be able to do AOS at all. So I just completed i-485 form and sent it along with supporting documents. But since I am going through the forum, there is a situation happen when FO can request the file from KCC. Can it be a problem, that I did not complete DS260 before and then an officer can request a file from KCC but I don't have one? Should I complete DS260 right now after I filed already AOS?

While it is recommended to submit the DS260, not doing so will not negatively impact your AOS process. Your KCC file will be requested by your FO, this is required for all AOSers, your case file will not include your DS260 form since you didn’t submit one, that is ok. Don’t bother to fill and submit it now, there’s no point doing so.

While it is recommended to submit the DS260, not doing so will not negatively impact your AOS process. Your KCC file will be requested by your FO, this is required for all AOSers, your case file will not include your DS260 form since you didn’t submit one, that is ok. Don’t bother to fill and submit it now, there’s no point doing so.
Thank you for the response! I appreciate it

Do you mean that even if you received AOS confirmation letter from KCC you still need to send them an email to confirm your choice?
Based on the exchange with Mom, if you go through AOS and have children not living in the US following to join you, you should select in the applicant DS-260 form for each listed child:
- Does this child live with you? No
- Is this child immigrating to the U.S. with you? No
- Is this child immigrating to the U.S. at a later date to join you? Yes <<<<

Hi Mom,

My husband ( derivative) received text massages saying that USCIS received the case. There are two receipt numbers. I (principle applicant) didn’t receive any text. Are we both getting two receipt numbers?

Hi Mom,

My husband ( derivative) received text massages saying that USCIS received the case. There are two receipt numbers. I (principle applicant) didn’t receive any text. Are we both getting two receipt numbers?

Only one person gets the notification messages, could be the derivative, could be the principal applicant. What your spouse received is for both of you.

Mom,

Thank you for the response. This doesn’t say case was accepted. Do you think I should wait till I get the NOA? Since mine was early filing I’m little worried.

Mom,

Thank you for the response. This doesn’t say case was accepted. Do you think I should wait till I get the NOA? Since mine was early filing I’m little worried.

So what do you think the notification message means then? Will they issue a receipt of the petition wasn’t accepted?

Mom,

Not sure if this will help you in any way, but have you tried to create an online account on either of these sites to see your status:
https://egov.uscis.gov/
https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

Both doesn't give too much info - mine just says: Finger Print Fee Was Received - from that I figured that the check was cashed, and my package was accepted.

NOA confirmed it a few days later...

I don’t understand your response. When was the medical exam submitted with your DV based AOS package done?

I had medicals done last June of 2018 for Employment based application, at the time we had no knowledge that I was selected DV2019.
DV2019 AOS was submitted in Jan 2019 with medicals done in June 2018, which are now expired so have to do new Medicals again.

Not sure if this will help you in any way, but have you tried to create an online account on either of these sites to see your status:
https://egov.uscis.gov/
https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

Both doesn't give too much info - mine just says: Finger Print Fee Was Received - from that I figured that the check was cashed, and my package was accepted.

NOA confirmed it a few days later...
I did and it says the same. I’m waiting for my NOA