• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

[This is a reply to Mom's post #2,562 on page 129. The site somehow doens't let me post a direct reply]

Thank you again Mom... I don't know why I waited so long to take an action, should have been the top priority before anything else.

Anyhow I resubmitted the package today. After reviewing my original form, I realized I had left blank the sections that aren't applicable to me, instead of putting "N/A" in there, and I think that most likely is the reason for the rejection... such a careless mistake. I couldn't think of any other potential reason. My CN was current May 1st and I had filed it during May, so it wasn't early filing.

I updated my original I-485 and also included a completely new I-485 with a new date in case they need to treat it as a new case. I also included a new cover letter explaining this, new G-1450 payment form, and a new G-1145 receipt notification form. Everything else, I just mailed back the same copies that they had returned.

Fingers crossed it gets processed this time... I'll be sure to share the information if anything happens. Thank you!

News....our online case status is now showing approved. We had the interview last week Tuesday. lasted some 30 mins. He asked for our ID's and then went through the I-485 questions. Thank you @Sm1smom for all the guidance and good luck to every one still in the process. I will update the spreadsheet as well

Congratulations

[This is a reply to Mom's post #2,562 on page 129. The site somehow doens't let me post a direct reply]

Thank you again Mom... I don't know why I waited so long to take an action, should have been the top priority before anything else.

Anyhow I resubmitted the package today. After reviewing my original form, I realized I had left blank the sections that aren't applicable to me, instead of putting "N/A" in there, and I think that most likely is the reason for the rejection... such a careless mistake. I couldn't think of any other potential reason. My CN was current May 1st and I had filed it during May, so it wasn't early filing.

I updated my original I-485 and also included a completely new I-485 with a new date in case they need to treat it as a new case. I also included a new cover letter explaining this, new G-1450 payment form, and a new G-1145 receipt notification form. Everything else, I just mailed back the same copies that they had returned.

Fingers crossed it gets processed this time... I'll be sure to share the information if anything happens. Thank you!

Let’s hope you didn’t create more issues for your case by submitting new forms in addition to the previously submitted copies - so unnecessary!

mom,
this is for the public assistance question.
1) Have you received ?
2) Likely to receive?

Honestly, the questions on these forms are no brainers, you need to stop overthinking everything.

1. Answer yes if you’ve received any form of government assistance in the past and explain the type of assistance you received.
2. Answer yes if you think you’ll not be able to support yourself in the long run and plan on becoming a public charge.

I know i'm thinking too much. sorry !

I honestly don't know what does it mean by public assistance. I have not received welfare or anything. But received an scholarship to come to US through the university. So I believe its a "YES"
and I will not become a public charge so "NO"

I know i'm thinking too much. sorry !

I honestly don't know what does it mean by public assistance. I have not received welfare or anything. But received an scholarship to come to US through the university. So I believe its a "YES"
and I will not become a public charge so "NO"

So both should be no. Scholarship receipt does not constitute public charge.

Mom,

One last question. I am the principle applicant. I cannot get my most recent I-94 online because it shows my travel information ( travel on June 2018) before the last travel ( last travel was in December 2018). I informed the CBP Detroit and sent the necessary documents asking them to update my information. They have not done that yet. I can see this information in the travel history. Do you think filing the AOS without last I-94 information will put me in trouble. I thought of sending a note along with my travel history. Any suggestions?

Mom,

One last question. I am the principle applicant. I cannot get my most recent I-94 online because it shows my travel information ( travel on June 2018) before the last travel ( last travel was in December 2018). I informed the CBP Detroit and sent the necessary documents asking them to update my information. They have not done that yet. I can see this information in the travel history. Do you think filing the AOS without last I-94 information will put me in trouble. I thought of sending a note along with my travel history. Any suggestions?

That will not create issues/problems

ohh! can I inform USPS to hold the mail for pick up for a certain time period? has anyone done that before?

A USPS mail hold applies to ALL mail addressed to a specific place, not just to an individual person. So I don’t think you can initiate a mail hold in this case since you no longer live at that address, a mail hold will affect the new resident(s).

A USPS mail hold applies to ALL mail addressed to a specific place, not just to an individual person. So I don’t think you can initiate a mail hold in this case since you no longer live at that address, a mail hold will affect the new resident(s).
well that is sad..i will just have to wait...

was there a way to include a 'safe mailing address' when I filed the AOS ? i.e. a work place address ?

My FO is in Detroit, Michigan.
I know a person got his green card last year from Detroit. He became current in August and received his green card in September. But I haven't seen many people from Detroit in the spreadsheet.

My FO from Detroit emailed me a month ago about change of address after I requested to change it online. So I am not sure why he didn't change it yet.

I have requested to change address over the phone with a tier 2 officer yesterday and have sent a AR11 paper form today with priority mail.

What would you suggest I do if I didn't get a confirmation mail in the next two weeks?

Thanks for your respond.
Hi Tinaina,

do you if this person did early filing. Im under F1 status and my field office is detroit

My FO is in Detroit, Michigan.
I know a person got his green card last year from Detroit. He became current in August and received his green card in September. But I haven't seen many people from Detroit in the spreadsheet.

My FO from Detroit emailed me a month ago about change of address after I requested to change it online. So I am not sure why he didn't change it yet.

I have requested to change address over the phone with a tier 2 officer yesterday and have sent a AR11 paper form today with priority mail.

What would you suggest I do if I didn't get a confirmation mail in the next two weeks?

Thanks for your respond.
Hi Tinaina,

Did you receive the confirmation to your new address? ( I did change of address as well and waiting for confirmation)

Could I use a different address instead (work place not the residence) as the mailing address on i 485?

Hi Mom,
I followed the instruction in https://www.uscis.gov/fees , and i wrote on the check "I-485 Application & Biometric Fees" but I did Not write my CN because there was no space for that. Is that ok ? I have dropped my package at USPS last night and i just thought about this now even though I reviewed my application 3 times, but didn't think of this!

Thanks

Hi Mom,
I followed the instruction in https://www.uscis.gov/fees , and i wrote on the check "I-485 Application & Biometric Fees" but I did Not write my CN because there was no space for that. Is that ok ? I have dropped my package at USPS last night and i just thought about this now even though I reviewed my application 3 times, but didn't think of this!

Thanks

You followed the instructions from the website and have already dropped off your package. Now seat back, be patient and watch the process unfold.