• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Oceania Selectees

Excited to be here! I'm OC..1XXX. Currently in the US, still reading up on AOS vs CP. Thank goodness for this forum and it's links! Happy long weekend to all.

For OC numbers giving a 1XXX range is too wide (it means from 1000 to 1999). it is better to reveal one more number (like 11XX or whatever).

Hi everyone dv2020 CN 16xx here, crossing my fingers we all get a chance of the interview. Wanted to ask a few questions:

1. For the interviews - does KCC email you on your selected dates or is it our own responsibility to keep checking the website for the 2NL? Does it depend on your visa consulate?
2. Is there a site that indicates data on the percentage of selectees that got denied every year per country? (Some weird part of me wants to analyze that and make a prediction of my chances of getting an interview lol)
3. Are there chances that this years large numbers maybe related to the so called “holes theory”?

Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone dv2020 CN 16xx here, crossing my fingers we all get a chance of the interview. Wanted to ask a few questions:

1. For the interviews - does KCC email you on your selected dates or is it our own responsibility to keep checking the website for the 2NL? Does it depend on your visa consulate?

They will send you an email to submit further documents. Then as it comes closer they will send you another email to say to check the original website where you first saw you were selected. Then the embassy will send you another email closer to the date. It will also have a cover letter you have to print out.
2. Is there a site that indicates data on the percentage of selectees that got denied every year per country? (Some weird part of me wants to analyze that and make a prediction of my chances of getting an interview lol)

Check britsimons blog there is a lot of great information there.
3. Are there chances that this years large numbers maybe related to the so called “holes theory”?

It is way too early to know.
Thanks in advance.

Good luck!

They will send you an email to submit further documents. Then as it comes closer they will send you another email to say to check the original website where you first saw you were selected. Then the embassy will send you another email closer to the date. It will also have a cover letter you have to print out.

Check britsimons blog there is a lot of great information there.

It is way too early to know.
Thanks in advance

Good luck!

Xarthisius is the master when it comes to data, check out his site
https://dvcharts.xarthisius.xyz/index.html

Thanks in advance.

Others have answered you accurately, but to be clear, I recommend NOT submitting your DS260 UNTIL we know more about selectees. A lot could change this year, but still there is certainly no advantage to rushing your DS260.

Thanks in advance.
There is no harm in forwarding your DS260 friend. Forward asap and keep fingers crossed. Like for the current period, all numbers have gone to current so you never know everyone including those with higher numbers can be lucky so ignore those loud mouths who says no...

There is no harm in forwarding your DS260 friend. Forward asap and keep fingers crossed. Like for the current period, all numbers have gone to current so you never know everyone including those with higher numbers can be lucky so ignore those loud mouths who says no...

LOLOLOL.

1. I assume I would be one of the "loud mouths" to whom you are referring. I have been here since 2013 helping people, and know what I am talking about. You, not so much.
2. YES there is potential harm in filing a DS260 if the case never gets current. The person will have needlessly declared immigrant intent which can be a factor considered in future non immigrant visa applications.
3. The is NO ADVANTAGE in filing quickly when the case number is high anyway. Because, as you presumably don't know, processing for a case with a high number won't start for months. So a smart person would wait until we know more. You on the other hand, I am sure, would file immediately.
4. DV2020 is not necessarily going to be the same as DV2019. I'm sure you could understand why, and will no doubt regale us all with your brilliant explanation.

The same “loud mouths” who were answering your questions in the past? *smh*

And there have been enough years when some or all regions have ended under cutoff and people never got an interview. One of those is currently on the boards again and has mentioned the problems she had renewing her B visa, having submitted a ds260 previously. You may or may not be aware that under US law, any applicant for a non-immigrant visa is presumed to have immigrant intent and the burden is on the applicant to prove otherwise to get that visa. That burden becomes much, much harder when you have already clearly demonstrated immigrant intent through submission of a DS260.

Nothing wrong with giving a contradicting opinion, but rather than just calling someone a “loudmouth”, have something to back it up with.

Thanks people. I speak through experience and not just by loud mouth. I had gone through same when my number didn't go through the process. And following year my non-immigrant Visa was successfully approved and there was no such problem that you guys have or are trying to point out here. Anyways rest lies on the person. Thanks

Haha what makes you say that when someone speaks truth. Damn you guys just can't stand if someone speaks otherwise than what you guys wanna hear. Chill mate am just telling what I feel. Every one as like you all are entitled to their opinions

Haha what makes you say that when someone speaks truth. Damn you guys just can't stand if someone speaks otherwise than what you guys wanna hear. Chill mate am just telling what I feel. Every one as like you all are entitled to their opinions

Well maaaaaybe we can believe you that you had no problem before but we know others have, everyone has different circumstances and for many DV entrants the express immigrant intent can be a dealbreaker.

“Opinion” sure, we definitely know you have yours. Lol. Here is factual US government information from the official manual for adjudication of visas :

INA 214(b) provides that every visa applicant is presumed to be an immigrant until the applicant establishes to the satisfaction of the consular officer eligibility for a nonimmigrant status under INA 101(a)(15). Consular officers must make a finding that an applicant does or does not meet the eligibility requirements for the classification sought and is therefore not a nonimmigrant under INA 101(a)(15). This determination cannot be waived.

https://fam.state.gov/fam/09FAM/09FAM040310.html

Here’s another opinion: people who throw reckless statements around the net - such as filling in a DS early is fine, when doing that has zero upside and a lot of potential downside for an applicant - ought to realize that they can actually damage someone’s chances at something important, and rather than kneejerk call people “loudmouths” (it takes one to know one) can, if not having the guts to admit they are wrong, at least stop insisting repeating stuff that can hurt others. We come here to help people, not to screw things up for them. It’s always a shame to find posters who only care about themselves. It’s not about being “chill”, it’s about not giving others advice that can really hurt them down the line.

You should be ok but as always it’s a wait and see kinda gig. You will probably be towards the end of the processing time.

You have plenty of time to get everything ready so make sure your papers are in order and if you need shots aside from the flu shot you could look at getting your blood work done.

Don’t submit your ds260 form just yet though.

Thanks people. I speak through experience and not just by loud mouth. I had gone through same when my number didn't go through the process. And following year my non-immigrant Visa was successfully approved and there was no such problem that you guys have or are trying to point out here. Anyways rest lies on the person. Thanks

... right, because your experience one time is better than others experiences of many cases, and understanding the application of the laws.

Please, for the sake of people that might think your foolish comments are somehow worthwhile, leave advice giving to others that have some understanding of the matter, and cut out the rude attitude.

The issue wasn’t the English usage, it was the text-speak abbreviations which is an annoyance on a lot of forums. I know one that gives users an instant “time out” if they use it, for example.