I'm I in removal processing?

jaytee404

Hi,
I moved to the U.S in dec 2010 as an F-1 student. I met my now husband summer of 2013 and we married in October of 2015. We decided to adjust my status and applied in September of 2016, had our interview in September 2017. Our interview went well, though my husband made a few mistakes such as not remembering my friend's husbands very difficult African name and he mixed up my city of birth and my city of residence. The interview was straight forward and everything looked good as we were told. Interviewer couldn't approve us on the spot because he was new but did write recommendation in my file for his supervisor and said we should have something in the mail within 30 days.
1.7 years, 3 inquires and help from USCIS ombudsman later, finally got word that my file was in the records center and they had to retrieve it for review and will make a decision in 60 days. 5 days later, I received a letter that states my file is under immigration court and should contact them for further process. I called and they said my file is not filed with them and I'm not in removal processing. So now I'm so confused? What is going on? Why would they say that? Why they didn't give me a NTA or denial?
Please help! I'm currently lawyer searching too.

Hi,
I moved to the U.S in dec 2010 as an F-1 student. I met my now husband summer of 2013 and we married in October of 2015. We decided to adjust my status and applied in September of 2016, had our interview in September 2017. Our interview went well, though my husband made a few mistakes such as not remembering my friend's husbands very difficult African name and he mixed up my city of birth and my city of residence. The interview was straight forward and everything looked good as we were told. Interviewer couldn't approve us on the spot because he was new but did write recommendation in my file for his supervisor and said we should have something in the mail within 30 days.
1.7 years, 3 inquires and help from USCIS ombudsman later, finally got word that my file was in the records center and they had to retrieve it for review and will make a decision in 60 days. 5 days later, I received a letter that states my file is under immigration court and should contact them for further process. I called and they said my file is not filed with them and I'm not in removal processing. So now I'm so confused? What is going on? Why would they say that? Why they didn't give me a NTA or denial?
Please help! I'm currently lawyer searching too.
Btw, I forgot to mention I had a DUI in 2014, interviewer didn't seem to care much about that, only glanced at the document.
Why would they put my file in records center without a decision? My online status hasn't changed from " you're schedule for an interview".

What does the official letter say to do, the letter that mentioned your file is in the immigration court?

I would make an Infopass appointment, and/or hire a lawyer as well to get to the bottom of what's going on. Do you have valid EAD/AP?

What does the official letter say to do, the letter that mentioned your file is in the immigration court?

I would make an Infopass appointment, and/or hire a lawyer as well to get to the bottom of what's going on. Do you have valid EAD/AP?
It says nothing else, except to follow up with immigration court,which I did with help of a leader and they said my case is not filed with them. It's strange indeed

A competent immigration attorney should know how to proceed. Removal proceeding doesn't appear to be something a public forum would address.

Update!
I'm not in removal processing! USCIS messed up by putting my file in records center but never sent me a decision. I found out my case is active with them now as they've requested for my file from the records center and will review it and make a decision in 30days. They said they didn't send me that letter and the last mail they sent me was for my interview, and they reported the fake scam letter I got to management.
I'm so relieved!

A competent immigration attorney should know how to proceed. Removal proceeding doesn't appear to be something a public forum would address.

Update!
I'm not in removal processing! USCIS messed up by putting my file in records center but never sent me a decision. I found out my case is active with them now as they've requested for my file from the records center and will review it and make a decision in 30days. They said they didn't send me that letter and the last mail they sent me was for my interview, and they reported the fake scam letter I got to management.
I'm so relieved!