• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

You’ll take her B/C to the interview.
Hi Mom, I also have a U.S daughter. Of course i have included her in my DV entry, but i did not submit neither DS260 nor I-485 to her, (but listed her in both forms) . I will take her birth certificate with me to the interview, However, do you think it is a better idea to take my daughter with me to the interview (so the whole family), or is that not recommended since she does not need to attend an interview ? (she is less than 3 years)

Thanks

Hi Mom, I also have a U.S daughter. Of course i have included her in my DV entry, but i did not submit neither DS260 nor I-485 to her, (but listed her in both forms) . I will take her birth certificate with me to the interview, However, do you think it is a better idea to take my daughter with me to the interview (so the whole family), or is that not recommended since she does not need to attend an interview ? (she is less than 3 years)

Thanks

She doesn’t need to attend the interview. Only take her if you can’t get a babysitter to look after her or you simply want to take her for the fun of it. Her presence is not required

Day 17 after acceptance: still no sign of the biometrics appointment.
@vadrouille, you will be my benchmark.
I checked with my colleague who sent their employment-based package and it took 1 to 2 months for them - I was hoping to fast-track that.

In the meantime, I got a bill from the lab that the doctor used and it was around 5 times the amount that the doctor announced to me during the medical exam, 395 instead of 85 - I still have that original quote on a paper from the exam.
I went by the Doctor's office and the assistant mentioned a negotiated rate with the lab that: "they must have forgotten to apply" - nice try.

Hi All!
I’m new here, so sorry if I will say the same thing, that already was mentioned in this thread.
My entree for DV2019 was selected and it was EU4***. When number became current, my application was accepted on Nov 6th, 2018. I have completed bio after that and had an interview in Philadelphia USCIS office in mid of Jan 2019. On the interview officer said that we are approved and should wait for the green card in 2-3 weeks via mail. However, since then there is no update on the case status (already 4 month). I have contacted call-center, Emma, but they keep saying that the case still within normal processing times. Philly’s office doesn’t accept info-pass or walk-ins.
Did anyone came across such situation? Any recommendation welcome, or should I sit and relax?

Hi Everyone,

I received my Bio letter Friday May 10th and I went to the ASC for my Bio (May 13th vs May 21st) today. Everything was straight forward and people were nice, I did not have to talk my way into anything; I barely mentioned that I was a DV applicant.
@vladoo, I have friends who submitted all their paperwork for an employment based GC (out of an L1) and two years later, they are still waiting. I sure hope you'll fast track that.

Kind regards,

V

Hi Everyone,

I received my Bio letter Friday May 10th and I went to the ASC for my Bio (May 13th vs May 21st) today. Everything was straight forward and people were nice, I did not have to talk my way into anything; I barely mentioned that I was a DV applicant.
@vladoo, I have friends who submitted all their paperwork for an employment based GC (out of an L1) and two years later, they are still waiting. I sure hope you'll fast track that.

Kind regards,

V
Hi, Jut wondering whether they asked the reason for walking in (since your scheduled date is May 21)?. Thanks!

Hi, Jut wondering whether they asked the reason for walking in (since your scheduled date is May 21)?. Thanks!

They did not ask me anything, I walked in, went straight to the gentleman at the counter with my best smile, handed my letter, and he told me to fill in the paperwork...

Hi All!
I’m new here, so sorry if I will say the same thing, that already was mentioned in this thread.
My entree for DV2019 was selected and it was EU4***. When number became current, my application was accepted on Nov 6th, 2018. I have completed bio after that and had an interview in Philadelphia USCIS office in mid of Jan 2019. On the interview officer said that we are approved and should wait for the green card in 2-3 weeks via mail. However, since then there is no update on the case status (already 4 month). I have contacted call-center, Emma, but they keep saying that the case still within normal processing times. Philly’s office doesn’t accept info-pass or walk-ins.
Did anyone came across such situation? Any recommendation welcome, or should I sit and relax?

1. Contact KCC and request to know if your FO has requested your KCC file? If yes, ask when and whether it’s been sent or not.

2. Contact your Congressman/woman and request their assistance in getting an update from your FO.

Hi Everyone,

Kind regards,

V

Ok, now I am worried.
I tried to check for missing mail on an USCIS form but it prevents me to do that since the case hasn't been received in less than 30 days.
Trying to call them now and they estimate 25min to get someone on the line.

Ok, now I am worried.
I tried to check for missing mail on an USCIS form but it prevents me to do that since the case hasn't been received in less than 30 days.
Trying to call them now and they estimate 25min to get someone on the line.

I don't think you need to be worried.

If you look at available resources (such as https://citizenpath.com/green-card-timeline/), the timeline between what your coworkers and mine are doing and DV applications is not even remotely comparable. From what I see, the harder line on immigration transpires more on non-DV applications since it is by definition time restricted.

Obviously I am out of my depth to discuss it here considering that I do not know the "normal" (non-DV) process. However it is not a relevant benchmark to our little endeavor.

I'd seek the opinion of Mom or BritSimon given the hick up regarding your address change (the thing you posted a week ago for which your received an info letter from USCIS) might delay your application a little bit compared to mine. Honestly I would not be too worried for now.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

I don't think you need to be worried.

If you look at available resources (such as https://citizenpath.com/green-card-timeline/), the timeline between what your coworkers and mine are doing and DV applications is not even remotely comparable. From what I see, the harder line on immigration transpires more on non-DV applications since it is by definition time restricted.

Obviously I am out of my depth to discuss it here considering that I do not know the "normal" (non-DV) process. However it is not a relevant benchmark to our little endeavor.

I'd seek the opinion of Mom or BritSimon given the hick up regarding your address change (the thing you posted a week ago for which your received an info letter from USCIS) might delay your application a little bit compared to mine. Honestly I would not be too worried for now.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Got them on the line and they confirmed my change of address but they have not sent it yet.
Operator mentioned that I should wait 30 days after acceptance before calling back.

They did not ask me anything, I walked in, went straight to the gentleman at the counter with my best smile, handed my letter, and he told me to fill in the paperwork...
Lucky you!. I went today but they did not accept walk in. I have to go on the scheduled day. :(

They asked me why I come that day for walking and I told them I can't come on schedule day.
Why didn't they let you walk in?
SusieQQQ is right.
Yes they are not accepting walk in. They said if I can't come on the scheduled day I have to reschedule another day before I go there. I have no option other than waiting till my appointment date.