• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Hi to everyone!
Another high CN here: EU46***

I really do hope that this amount of high CNs this year mean something good for us :)

I have rather specific situation. I'm currently in the process of starting college in US. I am awaiting final response from the university, but if I am to be admitted, I would have to apply for F1 and start in September.

Can you give me advice regarding this situation? In case I am to be admitted, should I wait until September and move to US to send DS260? Will it lower my chances of getting an interview if I wait that long with sending DS260 or will that have no impact whatsoever?
Also, since I would probably go via consular processing for DV, would I have problems in the future if in the end I don't get a chance to have an interview and get GC through this problem? What would be the right path in this situation?

Thanks everyone in advance and congratulation to those who got picked this year.

Hi to everyone!

I really do hope that this amount of high CNs this year mean something good for us :)

I have rather specific situation. I'm currently in the process of starting college in US. I am awaiting final response from the university, but if I am to be admitted, I would have to apply for F1 and start in September.

Can you give me advice regarding this situation? In case I am to be admitted, should I wait until September and move to US to send DS260? Will it lower my chances of getting an interview if I wait that long with sending DS260 or will that have no impact whatsoever?
Also, since I would probably go via consular processing for DV, would I have problems in the future if in the end I don't get a chance to have an interview and get GC through this problem? What would be the right path in this situation?

Thanks everyone in advance and congratulation to those who got picked this year.

DO NOT SUBMIT your DS260 yet.

There is no need to rush, and your number means you will either wait at least a year, or possibly never get a chance of an interview. There is plenty of time to figure out what the high case numbers mean. As for the other questions there is plenty of time for that as well.

OP does not qualify for a waiver
based on the information he provided, i came to the same conclusion about the waiver but experienced immigration attorneys might have a way to argue his case. it’s a great opportunity that the OP was selected, and in my opinion, it’s worth a shot to explore the attorney option. experienced attorneys might have a way to work around, but he would of course have to be ready to pay some fees, though.

Hey CWH, I fixed it for ya!

;-)

Based on the information he provided, i came to the same conclusion about the waiver but experienced immigration attorneys might have a way to argue his case, in order to ensure they can earn a nice income. It’s a great opportunity for the lawyers that the OP was selected, and in my opinion, it’s worth a shot to explore the attorney option because they need new cars all the time and we should help them, poor souls. Experienced attorneys might have a way to bill lots of money for nothing, but he would of course have to be ready to pay some fees, though.

Hi to everyone!

Focus on finalizing your admission and getting a F1 visa for now is my recommendation to you. Plenty of time to figure out the DV part after that.

based on the information he provided, i came to the same conclusion about the waiver but experienced immigration attorneys might have a way to argue his case. it’s a great opportunity that the OP was selected, and in my opinion, it’s worth a shot to explore the attorney option. experienced attorneys might have a way to work around, but he would of course have to be ready to pay some fees, though.

Of course, I already said the OP was free to go pay some attorney (and contribute to the cost of the attorney’s planned 2020 new model exotic vehicle) and hope they can work some next to impossible magic. Like I stated in that post, his case, his money, his decision.

Yeah... an experienced attorney might be able to, for example, argue “hardship” where another might not be able to, but they can’t change the fundamental legal qualification of who can apply.

Hey CWH, I fixed it for ya!

;-)

Based on the information he provided, i came to the same conclusion about the waiver but experienced immigration attorneys might have a way to argue his case, in order to ensure they can earn a nice income. It’s a great opportunity for the lawyers that the OP was selected, and in my opinion, it’s worth a shot to explore the attorney option because they need new cars all the time and we should help them, poor souls. Experienced attorneys might have a way to bill lots of money for nothing, but he would of course have to be ready to pay some fees, though.
lol i know, but then again, we never know for sure. what you “fixed” for me could be true to most attorneys and that you guys think a flat out no might be best for him is totally practical. but if it were for me, i would appreciate to know other options even though it’s close to impossible. after all, it’s his case and he will have to use all he has to proceed what he thinks best for him.

lol i know, but then again, we never know for sure. .
We know for sure who is eligible to have a waiver filed and who isn’t. Are you thinking he may have an eligible parent that we don’t know about? (he obviously doesn’t have a qualifying spouse). (Unless you are suggesting that an attorney might be found to challenge the basis of the existing law, but that would likely take both more budget than an asylee would have and more time than DV would allow for.)

Of course, we are all assuming he is principal. If in fact his wife is principal she can go ahead and adjust without him, and then she can file the hardship waiver for him once she has a green card.

I want to thank you all for taking time to respond and suggestions.very very useful- you are right Britsimon about Mom.and others as well!
very helpful forum,especially ,when you just start to make research about all of this.
yes, our asylum case is still a priority.still I'll try to find some experienced lawyer,who already upgraded his exotic car,so he wouldnt rip me of lol.
but maybe such lawyers dont exist.
I will definitely keep you updated if I find out magic info about this situation.

We know for sure who is eligible to have a waiver filed and who isn’t. Are you thinking he may have an eligible parent that we don’t know about? (he obviously doesn’t have a qualifying spouse). (Unless you are suggesting that an attorney might be found to challenge the basis of the existing law, but that would likely take both more budget than an asylee would have and more time than DV would allow for.)

Of course, we are all assuming he is principal. If in fact his wife is principal she can go ahead and adjust without him, and then she can file the hardship waiver for him once she has a green card.
yes,Im a principal dv lottery winner,but im dependant on asylum application.its all twisted lol

Hi everyone! I submitted DS-260, reside in the US but my F1 visa expires on June,9 and then I have a grace period of 60 days until August.
How soon can i adjust my status? my case # is EU43XXX. does it mean I will have to go home? sorry so much info, everything`s new

Hi everyone! I submitted DS-260, reside in the US but my F1 visa expires on June,9 and then I have a grace period of 60 days until August.
How soon can i adjust my status? my case # is EU43XXX. does it mean I will have to go home? sorry so much info, everything`s new

AOS requires a valid status, visa expiration is immaterial. So if you mean your F1 visa status expires on June 9 and you will not be in OPT after that, then there’s no way for you to maintain a valid status and process AOS when your CN becomes current.

You shouldn’t have rushed into submitting your DS260 form without understanding the process. DV 2020 FY starts in October - this is the earliest month a DV 2020 based AOS petition is eligible for approval. Your CN appears to be on the high side, not likely to become current until sometime 2020. If you will not be in a legal status at that point in time, you’ll need to process CP and make sure you leave the US once your granted stay comes to an end.

I want to thank you all for taking time to respond and suggestions.very very useful- you are right Britsimon about Mom.and others as well!
very helpful forum,especially ,when you just start to make research about all of this.
yes, our asylum case is still a priority.still I'll try to find some experienced lawyer,who already upgraded his exotic car,so he wouldnt rip me of lol.
but maybe such lawyers dont exist.
I will definitely keep you updated if I find out magic info about this situation.

My next door neighbor is a lawyer, his twin brother is also a lawyer (they both live in my community). They both upgrade their exotic vehicles to the most recent model on an annual basis like clock work ;)

AOS requires a valid status, visa expiration is immaterial. So if you mean your F1 visa status expires on June 9 and you will not be in OPT after that, then there’s no way for you to maintain a valid status and process AOS when your CN becomes current.

You shouldn’t have rushed into submitting your DS260 form without understanding the process. DV 2020 FY starts in October - this is the earliest month a DV 2020 based AOS petition is eligible for approval. Your CN appears to be on the high side, not likely to become current until sometime 2020. If you will not be in a legal status at that point in time, you’ll need to process CP and make sure you leave the US once your granted stay comes to an end.

I'm in the same situation, my number is AS15xxx and hoping it will get current around Aug/2020, but my F1 VISA stamp has a expire date on June/2020. I'm planing to graduate on May/2020 and apply for OPT right away. So, do you think I'm eligible for AoS? BTW, I haven't submit the DS260 yet since I have a very high number.