• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Thank you
Hi All,

I went there around 915 in the morning. Security guy let me in easily. I mentioned him my future appointment and he showed me where to sit. Then a lady came out from an office and I asked her if they could accept me today. She was very nice and told me to come back around 12-1.
I did that and was in and out in 15 minutes.

Thanks a lot!
Also checked with a couple of colleagues on L1 with the employment-based I-485 pending and approved AP: they still reenter using their L1 - if still valid of course - instead of using their AP when travelling outside the US.

Which is what they ought to be doing - i.e. re-entering on L1. Not a smart idea to re-enter with the AP when you still have a valid dual intent status. Once you use the AP card, you effectively are no longer on the previous status you were prior to filing, and if your AOS petition gets denied for some reason, you’ll no longer have a fall back status. This is all explained on the AOS process spreadsheet.

I still have not received the appointment letter for biometrics.
I have received an email from USCIS - automated I assume - a status email to tell me that there is no status update, amazing:
We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time

We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on April 24, 2019.​

I have received an email from USCIS - automated I assume - a status email to tell me that there is no status update, amazing:

We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on April 24, 2019.
I've been receiving those emails for three months after obtaining my GC. Then I figured out there's a checkbox that you need to unclick in the user settings at https://my.uscis.gov/account/applicant/settings. "Case inactivity notifications". Otherwise, you'll get them until the end of time... ;)

We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on April 24, 2019.
Lol
Actually I just did my fingerprint this week and myuscis shows the below from the beginning, so i dont wait much from this website. The old one (egov.uscis) is showing me finger print fee received from Apr 18 (but I am still not able to register to that site)

We received your case
You do not need to do anything at this time
We will let you know if we need anything else from you as we continue to review your case.

Hi Mom and everyone.

I have a problem. I have changed my address almost a month after biometric. However, I have called yesterday to uscis and they told me we still have your old address and your FO asked you to changed the address with paper.

I don't understand. The FO only emailed me with a template that I can change address on line or paper. No specific instructions.

Mom, is that the reason I haven't got interview letter after two months?

I am sending a paper address change to uscis today, I also changed it over the phone with a tier 2 officer yesterday. My new address is only a couple of street away from my old address.

They also didn't agree to give me an info pass. They told me you have to wait until August.

Should I go to a congressman? If yes how?

Hi Mom and everyone.

I have a problem. I have changed my address almost a month after biometric. However, I have called yesterday to uscis and they told me we still have your old address and your FO asked you to changed the address with paper.

I don't understand. The FO only emailed me with a template that I can change address on line or paper. No specific instructions.

Mom, is that the reason I haven't got interview letter after two months?

I am sending a paper address change to uscis today, I also changed it over the phone with a tier 2 officer yesterday. My new address is only a couple of street away from my old address.

They also didn't agree to give me an info pass. They told me you have to wait until August.

Should I go to a congressman? If yes how?

Which FO has jurisdiction over your AOS petition? Have you checked the timeline spreadsheets to find out how long it typically takes your FO to send out the IL?

USCIS utilizes several systems, it takes a while for all the information they have in the different sources to get reconciled that’s why your FO currently can’t see the COA you already did online.

Did you get the NBC mail delivery you mentioned USPS notified you of on Monday?

Did you get the NBC mail delivery you mentioned USPS notified you of on Monday?

Yes, it was a mailed confirmation from USCIS that they corrected of my address information,
For some reason, my address was wrong on the NOA - but I still got it in my mailbox - the apartment number was wrong; I notified my neighbor that he might receive stuff for me.
I checked my I-485 mailing address (I scanned my whole file for retention) and it was correct there; I called them to fix it immediately.

Yes, it was a mailed confirmation from USCIS that they corrected of my address information,
For some reason, my address was wrong on the NOA - but I still got it in my mailbox - the apartment number was wrong; I notified my neighbor that he might receive stuff for me.
I checked my I-485 mailing address (I scanned my whole file for retention) and it was correct there; I called them to fix it immediately.

Sorry to hear, hope you get that letter soon.

Sorry to hear, hope you get that letter soon.

On the bright side, I got to meet my neighbor and he seems like a nice guy.
It is true that I worry about the delays but I would not miss any mail; it is still within normal processing time from the timeline spreadsheet for now.
I'll update it as soon as I receive something.

Which FO has jurisdiction over your AOS petition? Have you checked the timeline spreadsheets to find out how long it typically takes your FO to send out the IL?

USCIS utilizes several systems, it takes a while for all the information they have in the different sources to get reconciled that’s why your FO currently can’t see the COA you already did online.
My FO is in Detroit, Michigan.
I know a person got his green card last year from Detroit. He became current in August and received his green card in September. But I haven't seen many people from Detroit in the spreadsheet.

My FO from Detroit emailed me a month ago about change of address after I requested to change it online. So I am not sure why he didn't change it yet.

I have requested to change address over the phone with a tier 2 officer yesterday and have sent a AR11 paper form today with priority mail.

What would you suggest I do if I didn't get a confirmation mail in the next two weeks?

Thanks for your respond.

Hi Mom,
Thank you for this forum. Your help is so appreciated.
my DV number is 2019OCxx and was current in October.
Received 2 NL Aug 27 2018
Submitted I-485 April 9 2019
we have completed Bio and are waiting interview letter.
1. I have a daughter who returned home to study and is now 21
I am having trouble understanding CSPA, it is a little confusing especially for AOS applicants. As I have to wait till approval of my card to inform KCC that she will be CP (it was indicated on her i-260 that she would be CP) I need to know if she has aged out.Her DOB is july 20 1997.
2. Also she wishes to visit during July (we may not have our approval by then) will this complicate things given she has and i-260 filed?

My FO is in Detroit, Michigan.
I know a person got his green card last year from Detroit. He became current in August and received his green card in September. But I haven't seen many people from Detroit in the spreadsheet.

My FO from Detroit emailed me a month ago about change of address after I requested to change it online. So I am not sure why he didn't change it yet.

I have requested to change address over the phone with a tier 2 officer yesterday and have sent a AR11 paper form today with priority mail.

What would you suggest I do if I didn't get a confirmation mail in the next two weeks?

Thanks for your respond.

I’m not sure why you needed to contact your FO in order to initiate a COA, an online AR11 would have addressed this and given you a confirmation as proof of COA. I don’t know if your FO will bother to send a confirmation for the mailed in copy.

You can reach out to your congress person for help in getting a status update for your AOS petition.

Hi Mom,
I am having trouble understanding CSPA, it is a little confusing especially for AOS applicants. As I have to wait till approval of my card to inform KCC that she will be CP (it was indicated on her i-260 that she would be CP) I need to know if she has aged out.Her DOB is july 20 1997.
2. Also she wishes to visit during July (we may not have our approval by then) will this complicate things given she has and i-260 filed?

Will get back to you on this - I’m a bit short on time at the moment.

Hi Mom,

1. Her age is frozen at 20 years 7 months and 14 days based on your CN being current in October according to the CSPA calculator. So she is still eligible as your derivative.

2. I’m assuming she’s coming in on visa waiver, or does she need a NIV. If yes to the NIV question, does she already have one? Admission will be at the discretion of the CBP IO she meets at the POE. If they feel she might be trying to come in and process AOS, or they’re not convinced she plans on leaving the US at the end of her granted stay, she may be denied entry.

1. Her age is frozen at 20 years 7 months and 14 days based on your CN being current in October according to the CSPA calculator. So she is still eligible as your derivative.

2. I’m assuming she’s coming in on visa waiver, or does she need a NIV. If yes to the NIV question, does she already have one? Admission will be at the discretion of the CBP IO she meets at the POE. If they feel she might be trying to come in and process AOS, or they’re not convinced she plans on leaving the US at the end of her granted stay, she may be denied entry.

Thank you for your time and help. Not NIV because she aged out of hers (E3D) It will be a visa waiver. We will make sure she is well prepared.

Hi Mom!
After a few months without news, we got a NOA today saying that our case was transferred to the NBC
Is there an estimate of how long now to our interview? I've been looking online and found mixed reviews. I'm guessing that all this was because of the wrongly filled 360, but we have already done the biometrics (supposedly scheduled by the NBC for what I see in the spreadsheet). Do you think we can expect sth soon? Having been waiting since October, we are kind of anxious
Thanks!