• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

1. Check the timeline spreadsheet to find out how long on average it’s taken others to get the notification.
2. If yours appears outside of the processing time, there’s a possibility the Chicago Lockbox has rejected your package for some reason and it’s been sent back or will be sent back. You’ll need to wait a couple of weeks to get it back.

Thanks Mom!

Sorry for the late reply. I received the SMS notifications on 26-March and receipt letters around 30-March.

I have a question that might be trivial, but I don’t want to mess up anything with my package:

In form I-485, page 4 to 5 (Address History) there are two sections to enter only two addresses in the united states and then there is third section to enter address outside the U.S.

I have lived in three U.S addresses in the U.S in the last three years, so I have to use the part 14 (additonal informaion) to enter my third address in the U.S

In part 14 i entered,: Page number =5, Part Number =3 , but not sure what to put in the item number.

1- what should be the Item number? Knowing that Physical address 1 is from 5.a to 6.b , and Physical address 2 is from 7.a to 8.b , And then address outside the U.S is from 9.a to 10.b

2- in the Part 14 where is says 3.d , do I just put the address in the lines provided as it is or do I have to give it like a.1 , a.2, a.3 for each line ?

Thanks

Attachments

• Address 1.png
    Address 1.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Address 2.png
    Address 2.png
    23.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Part 14.png
    Part 14.png
    27.5 KB · Views: 4
Hello Mom,
Is the use of I-134 allowing an applicant not submit his/her financial details(bank statements, tax returns and stuff??)

Hi
1. You can send your AOS package 2 months in advance. You just have to check the Visa Bulletin to make sure you number falls under the Advance Notification.
2. That is the correct address if you're sending your package with Fedex, UPS or DHL.

Do you know where we can find the Advance Notification Period in the Visa bulletin?
I don't see a specific date mention with this denomination or I probably missed it.

Thanks!

Hi Sm1smom,
I am sending a money order for my AOS for DV lottery. Should I add a memo saying : "I-485 application and biometrics service fee" ?
I just want to make sure that I am doing it right. Thanks in advance!

It's the section C. THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY ...
which is explained in "Visa Availability" here [1]

Ok thanks, so there is no explicit date mentioned in the Visa Bulletin to look at; the cut-off communicated in the Visa Bulletin is itself an Advance Notification Period and allows early filing.

Hi,
1. I changed status from L1 to H1B in US. So my I-94 in passport has expiration date feb 2020. But my I-94 in 797 has expiration date Aug 2020. What date should I use in Part 1, Field 23 in I-485?

Thank you

I have a question that might be trivial, but I don’t want to mess up anything with my package:

In form I-485, page 4 to 5 (Address History) there are two sections to enter only two addresses in the united states and then there is third section to enter address outside the U.S.

I have lived in three U.S addresses in the U.S in the last three years, so I have to use the part 14 (additonal informaion) to enter my third address in the U.S

In part 14 i entered,: Page number =5, Part Number =3 , but not sure what to put in the item number.

1- what should be the Item number? Knowing that Physical address 1 is from 5.a to 6.b , and Physical address 2 is from 7.a to 8.b , And then address outside the U.S is from 9.a to 10.b

2- in the Part 14 where is says 3.d , do I just put the address in the lines provided as it is or do I have to give it like a.1 , a.2, a.3 for each line ?

Thanks

1. Don’t overthink it - leave item number blank. They can figure it out.
2. Just write your address like you normally do.

Hi Sm1smom,
I am sending a money order for my AOS for DV lottery. Should I add a memo saying : "I-485 application and biometrics service fee" ?
I just want to make sure that I am doing it right. Thanks in advance!

You can, if you like.

Hi,
1. I am not allowed to type D/S for expiration date on the I94 section in the I-485 form. Only numbers are allowed. Should I print it out and write?.
2. Can I fill the form I-485 in all capital letters?.

Hi,
1. I am not allowed to type D/S for expiration date on the I94 section in the I-485 form. Only numbers are allowed. Should I print it out and write?.

1. You can write it down by pen in your paper copy. Another trick is to open the file on a mac system! it allows you to enter letters there! (I don't know why but you can try and see).

2. Yes, but I would fill it out in a normal way. The way you actually fill out any other forms.

Hi,
If ur using Adobe you can go on Edit>Preferences>Javascript( disable all of them). That helped on me

Do you still need to submit the financial details(bank statements, tax returns, etc), when someone files for you the affidavit of support I-134?

It’s not a matter of if you “need to” Use your discretion to do what you think is necessary to support your case.

Hi there!

I hope you can shed some light about my case...

I am an european legally living and working in the US since 2014 thanks to my current visa, which will expire in May 2020.

In May 2018 I won the DV Program 2019. Lucky me. I decided to file my AOS with USCIS without leaving the US. I have not travelled outside the US since 2017.

I hired an experienced inmigration lawyer to help me and guide me through the process. She is nice. I received excellent first-hand references from close friends of her work, and she's doing a great job for a fair amount.

I filed the DS-260, I-485 (AoS) and I-131 (Advance Parole). I paid all the fees, passed the medical exam, everything... My number was up in the visa bulletin in september 2018 and I filed everything then. We took exceptional care of everything. We include a front page in the package remarking that my case should be expedited because of the DV Program deadline by September 30, 2019.

I received every receipt in my mailbox. I got an appointment for the biometrics and passed it in october 2018. Everything was correct.

I have not received any news since then (+6 months ago).

In March 2019 I changed my address and submitted the address change within the first 10 first days. We filed 2 submissions, one for the I-485 and other one for the I-131.

The I-131 is already out of normal processing time and we already requested an inquiry to USCIS. We also called USCIS several times. No news.

Two weeks ago I contacted my congresswoman office, and requested their help to intercede and check the status of my case with USCIS and the National Benefits Center, which is in charge of my case.

Now, April 2019, we still have no updates regarding my case.

What should I do...? Just keep waiting...? Is this normal procedure...? I see september is coming "soon" and I am starting to be concerned and nervous. I did miss xmas holidays in my home country and are worries about the Green Card, my case status, the september deadline approaching, the summer... and I have still to receive the interview appointment, pass it, and then finally would receive the Green Card... what's going on? Anyone on a similar situation...?

Thanks in advance. Your help is appreciated.

Hi there!

I hope you can shed some light about my case...

I am an european legally living and working in the US since 2014 thanks to my current visa, which will expire in May 2020.

In May 2018 I won the DV Program 2019. Lucky me. I decided to file my AOS with USCIS without leaving the US. I have not travelled outside the US since 2017.

I hired an experienced inmigration lawyer to help me and guide me through the process. She is nice. I received excellent first-hand references from close friends of her work, and she's doing a great job for a fair amount.

I filed the DS-260, I-485 (AoS) and I-131 (Advance Parole). I paid all the fees, passed the medical exam, everything... My number was up in the visa bulletin in september 2018 and I filed everything then. We took exceptional care of everything. We include a front page in the package remarking that my case should be expedited because of the DV Program deadline by September 30, 2019.

I received every receipt in my mailbox. I got an appointment for the biometrics and passed it in october 2018. Everything was correct.

I have not received any news since then (+6 months ago).

In March 2019 I changed my address and submitted the address change within the first 10 first days. We filed 2 submissions, one for the I-485 and other one for the I-131.

The I-131 is already out of normal processing time and we already requested an inquiry to USCIS. We also called USCIS several times. No news.

Two weeks ago I contacted my congresswoman office, and requested their help to intercede and check the status of my case with USCIS and the National Benefits Center, which is in charge of my case.

Now, April 2019, we still have no updates regarding my case.

What should I do...? Just keep waiting...? Is this normal procedure...? I see september is coming "soon" and I am starting to be concerned and nervous. I did miss xmas holidays in my home country and are worries about the Green Card, my case status, the september deadline approaching, the summer... and I have still to receive the interview appointment, pass it, and then finally would receive the Green Card... what's going on? Anyone on a similar situation...?

Thanks in advance. Your help is appreciated.

Is your current (new address) under the same FO jurisdiction as your previous address when your AOS petition was submitted?

Have you gone on an INFOPASS appointment to follow up in person with your FO?

What was the response from your congressional inquiry?