Waiting Asylum decision

Interview was mid 2017. Almost 2 years now but no decision yet. So frustrating. Sometimes i read that longer wait is a good sign but that is too long. Any ideas? Thanks

Interview was mid 2017. Almost 2 years now but no decision yet. So frustrating. Sometimes i read that longer wait is a good sign but that is too long. Any ideas? Thanks
Hope we are going to hear good news, yave you inquired about your case? My case has been pending for decision for 19 Months.

No, it is not necessary to do so.
The rules have changed it is now; last in - first out.

The Chicago office will not take care of our cases, not until they finish with 2018 cases. Which, I hear they haven't finished yet.

No, it is not necessary to do so.
The rules have changed it is now; last in - first out.

The Chicago office will not take care of our cases, not until they finish with 2018 cases. Which, I hear they haven't finished yet.
I dont think thats the case, a lot of friends who applied back to 2014 received their decisions lately

i do not understand why we were interviewed, and were waiting along time to get interviews have to wait more for decision, we are not important for them we are not important for anyone i am tired i do not do what should i do, their system is not fair. i did my interview on august 2018 and waiting, i have friend of mine she got her interview on july 2018 and got her approval a month later, we are from same country everything is same i did applied october 2016 and she applied novemnber 2017, she will get her green card in six month i am still waiting for decesion who knows maybe more than a year have to wait, i hate this system.

i do not understand why we were interviewed, and were waiting along time to get interviews have to wait more for decision, we are not important for them we are not important for anyone i am tired i do not do what should i do, their system is not fair. i did my interview on august 2018 and waiting, i have friend of mine she got her interview on july 2018 and got her approval a month later, we are from same country everything is same i did applied october 2016 and she applied novemnber 2017, she will get her green card in six month i am still waiting for decesion who knows maybe more than a year have to wait, i hate this system.
My friend is waiting for her interview since 2017

Last edited:
I dont think thats the case, a lot of friends who applied back to 2014 received their decisions lately
Right this is what i think too , i think it depends on the officer ! Because he or she can read your case and like 2 or 3 more people finish it in lets say 2-3 weeks or less and here we go and some like to keep the case months or maybe years as a pending case also what I think is they have like shelves 2 weeks 1 month 2 months 3 months...etc after you finish your interview he or she throw your case in one of the shelves that has the weeks,months or years and what you have to do is waiting for a decision lol

Not all the time but you are right the longer you wait the better you get but rarely happens people who have been waiting for years they may still get denied, let’s pray to have a positive decisions soon

I wish you guys good luck and good news soon.
I feel sorry for my brother he applied in Chicago in 2015 and still waiting for an interview. God knows how long he needs to wait also after the interview to get a decision.

I was called a day to the day i was suppose to pick up my decison notice and was told to wait a mail and bring more document...what could this mean ?

Do not worry too much about that, they may request more evidence from you. Let us know what they send you!