• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv lottery 2019

Songkuo

Hi pls i am the principal and i have gone for my interview on the first November 2018 with my husband and we successful in the interview so our passport were calected by the consular and we will be inform by a text when the visa is ready for collection, a four days after the interview i was call by the embassy that my husband has travel to Mali before and therefore they need a police report from that country; now i want to know how that affect me the principal?

It doesn’t affect you directly but they probably want to issue the visas together so are waiting. Has your husband applied for the police certificate yet? It’s been nearly a month since interview?

He has to travel from Ghana to Mali and he went to Mali embassy to make inquiries about how to get there, seem there is a little bit confused, i the Malian police don't that for foreigners, they only do for Mali born abroad only.
Meanwhile my husband went there for peace keeping mission for one year and return back to Ghana.
It doesn’t affect you directly but they probably want to issue the visas together so are waiting. Has your husband applied for the police certificate yet? It’s been nearly a month since interview?

He has to travel back to Mali before he can get the police report, because of the difficulties involve to get it at Mali, he went to Mali embassy in Ghana here to enquire how he can obtain police report from Mali, it seem not okay with them on why he should be giving police clearance certificate because the certificate is only given to Malian born in abroad not foreigners who come to live there. Meanwhile my husband went there as UN peace keeping mission for one year and return back to his country Ghana. He is still trying his best to get it, but as now don't no weather he will get it or not; and our passport is still with the embassy. So my question is, can I the principal get my visa in case my husband don't get the report from the Malian police.
2. Our interview was done on 1 NOVEMBER 2018, how long should my passport be with them.

He has to travel from Ghana to Mali and he went to Mali embassy to make inquiries about how to get there, seem there is a little bit confused, i the Malian police don't that for foreigners, they only do for Mali born abroad only.
Meanwhile my husband went there for peace keeping mission for one year and return back to Ghana.
You can ask the embassy if they can issue your visa first. And obviously to get your husband's passport back if he has to travel to Mali, but I’m confused if he will get a police clearance anyway from what you said if they don’t give to foreigners. You should tell this to the US embassy too.

Don’t create multiple threads for the same issue/question. Your second thread has been merged with the first one.

Hi Thank you for your wonderful good work and support.
Last I discuss with you about my passport been with the embassy after interview from 1 November 2018 up to Now, i am the principal winner and on the 10 of November i was that they need a police report from Mali because my husband been the accompany has been to Mali before; now i want to no if I have been put to Administrative processes.
Now i thank God that my husband is able to get the police clearance certificate from Mali and presented it to them through DHL on the 4 December; so pls now that my husband has sent the report them how long will that also take to approve my visa.
Secondly it's possible that they can approve my visa alone without my husband the accompany if he doesn't meet the requirements.

It depends on the embassy but usually a week or two after missing documents submitted.
And if you are the principal applicant, yes.

Not yet madam Susie, i went to the embassy there yesterday to inquire why it has keep so long; so a lady took my name and my case number and ask me to have a sit, i waited for about one and half hours till she came back to me and said they are still working on it and most of their staffs has gone on holidays so i should pick my passport on the 4th January 2019 at DHL.

Not yet madam Susie, i went to the embassy there yesterday to inquire why it has keep so long; so a lady took my name and my case number and ask me to have a sit, i waited for about one and half hours till she came back to me and said they are still working on it and most of their staffs has gone on holidays so i should pick my passport on the 4th January 2019 at DHL.

it is a good news because you have to received your PP on the 4th January 2019. Be prepares to move in USA.

Hi madam Susie i have receive a text message and email today @17 : 00pm that my passport is ready for collection and i hope is a good news, will go to DHL office tomorrow fisrt thing morning.

Hi madam Susie i have receive a text message and email today @17 : 00pm that my passport is ready for collection and i hope is a good news, will go to DHL office tomorrow fisrt thing morning.

Very Good news #Songkuo. Please update after collecting your PP sir

Good evening madam Susie, i went to DHL to pick up my passport after signing every paper and the DHL agent handing over the documents to me i realised that one of the seal envelopes is open which is mine and my husband one is seal, so the DHL agent said she has to returns the passel to the embassy to seal it themselve, so when they finish they as to come for it.

HI
My name is abdifatah. I am one of the selected dv lottery fiscal year 2018-2019 and my passport ban USA I can not travelling US. But I have another nationally which is not bank US. Can I take two passport the embassy