• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Kenyan Selectees

Write your reply...Guys I thought come we stay is never valued as marriage until you put everything in writing and be given a marriage certificate?????? actually I didn't imagine that marriage can be a problem because so far we have not officialized by church or Attorney General. ...my biggest worry was the photo......

Decide if you really want to do it. But if I were you I'd think twice. But if you want to risk it then do it and let us know how it goes.

Hey guys what does that expiry date on the form mean?

Attachments

• IMG-20181203-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20181203-WA0004.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 16
Received my 2nl late October for DEC interview but not the email requiring we email our docs .
I have seen a thread here about it seems like a new policy effective January next year for all applicants who had not received their 2nl .
Hi Kite i was requesting if you can give me a heads up on how much you spent on your medicals and at knec and how long they take to send the results to the consulate and if you did some of your medicals out of IOM and all the best in your interview and I do believe things will be great for you.

Hi Kite i was requesting if you can give me a heads up on how much you spent on your medicals and at knec and how long they take to send the results to the consulate and if you did some of your medicals out of IOM and all the best in your interview and I do believe things will be great for you.

Only vaccinations can be done elsewhere. Everything else has to be done at IOM. I did mine in 2013 so costs have changed but plan on 35-40k on medicals and for KNEC maybe a 1000bob. These are very rough estimates but Medicals are the most expensive. If you can do some shots elsewhere it'll save you a few thousand shillings.

hi, in Kenya we do not have provinces or states. what did you guys fill for the city and state/province if say you were born in a village when filling the DS260?

Through with my medicals everything was fine apart from my x rays which was not clear ,had to go for an extra 3 days to give out sputum samples apparently they need to rule out TB before they clear me it will take 8 weeks for the results to come out this is the beginning of the 5th..............
As for costs did everything at IOM including vaccinations which came to around 33300Ksh
If you have issues with your Xray you will need an additional 9100 for the samples

For KNEC certificate confirmation visited knec offices in south c immediately i received my 2nl with a copy of the cert,filled form downloaded from the knecs website.They charge 2320 for the confirmation but do not take mpesa you have to visit the bank . I found national bank convenient they have well labelled knec banking slips .Also pay for yourself the cashier asked if it was my cert i was confirming not sure why.Will be passing by knec offices this week to see if they sent the results

Last edited:
I got my interview date for Dec 2018, but have not received any email asking me to send the documents will it be sent? I even have booked with the embassy for the interview.
On medicals, i booked with IOM and they have quoted approx 85k for me and my 2yrs Son inclusive of Immunization. i have seen on the 2018 post that i can knock off the cost by having the Vaccines and immunization outside IOM.

If you have done the medicals please update to help someone else who could come be fetching the info....

Just an update on this, might help someone.

I was able to save some 20k by doing some vaccines at the City Council (City Hall) and some at the Centre for Tropical and Travel Medicine (MMR, Influenza, I did yellow Fever since i dint have the card although later i learnt its not a must). I got clearance and the CD, Wrote to the Embassy (immigrationvisanairobi@state.gov) they replied quite fast and confirmed my KNEC Certificates have been delivered. Now on my knees waiting for the interview next week

What is the minimum tax returns of a host who has a family of three in the state of Maryland? My sister in law took AOS which had 23k usd annual return asked to find another host. She is on AP so i need know how much return we need to show

Just became current.!! I Thank God... I am wishing all the Dv2019 all the best as u start the long journey... With this months VB going current it should give the guys with high CNs hope for an interview... Just hang in there...Africa could go current as well...as Dv2018 was highly over selected... Keep the faith!!
Hi I see you did your interview this year I just had a question did you did all your medicals at IOM or you did your other vaccinations somewhere else and if you did did you kindly share with me where and lastly how much did the medicals cost?

Hi have you done your medicals yet?

I got my interview date for Dec 2018, but have not received any email asking me to send the documents will it be sent? I even have booked with the embassy for the interview.
On medicals, i booked with IOM and they have quoted approx 85k for me and my 2yrs Son inclusive of Immunization. i have seen on the 2018 post that i can knock off the cost by having the Vaccines and immunization outside IOM.

If you have done the medicals please update to help someone else who could come be fetching the info....

I have a question does your host family need to fill in form i-864p or form i-134 coz am not really sure which is which now coz my host family has already filled in form i-134 and sent it to me via mail.....

Thanks

you said you were married and continuously referred to your husband, now you are trying to say you aren't married and don’t have a husband... please
Well, it’s really your decision if you want to risk a lifetime ban from the US. No one here is going to help you commit immigration fraud.
The photo is the least of your problems. Yes the photo could get you disqualified from one year. What you are thinking of could get you banned from the US for life.
Thanks so much for your response, I appreciate.Though it seems like we are not getting each other clear in this so called HUSBAND thing......even though i refer him so,in case of anything he will not be treated like one until our marriage is officiated by Attorney general. Someone told me according to the Americans the man I live with is actually my boyfriend and not husband since we have no legal documents.

Last edited:
I think she means that she has not signed any legal document showing she is married to him. In Kenya the term "come we stay" is generally used to refer to a couple living together without any formalization of the union, there usually is no legal document that indicates they are married. The partners may refer to each other as husband/wife even though they are not married.
Thanks a lot. U actually know what i mean........He is my husband but no legal document signed to bind us together...someone told me that in the USA such are referred to BOYFRIENDS and not husbands. I have left the whole matter to God because He has the final answer.

Hello to all of you,
I am a DV 2019 selectee CN 2019AF00014XXX. I have questions that are ever disturbing me and coming a cross this site i believe am going to be assisted. my questions are as below;
1. Some guys were taking photos+details and were applying dv lotteries in secondary schools back in 2010 . I was in form 4 by then so they applied for me.......years down the line, this guys came this year July looking for me that they used the 2010 photo+details and luckily i was selected which they proved and even showed me the photo. My biggest worry is WILL THIS PHOTO DISQUALIFY ME SINCE ITS LIKE 8 YEARS DOWN THE LINE SINCE IT WAS TAKEN????

2. After high school in 2010, i never heard from these guys till this year...so last year when they were doing the application, they did not know my marital status so they applied as single- yet I am married (2 years come we stay though). I was selected as single. My hubby and I do not want to loose this chance-- so we were advised and agreed to fill as single in FORM D260 to increase chances since we do hear that if you marry after you have been selected the marriage might be considered fake and be disqualified or go through a tough interview. I am expectant, will my pregnancy lower my chances??when will it be appropriate to include my husband??

3. I am pregnant with our first child due late February-early march . According to visa bulletin, my interviews might fall with my delivery period- Do i have power over when i should take the interview??

Kindly assist. Thanks a lot
hi give me contacts of your agents i try my luck next year