• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Kenyan Selectees

My husband stays out of the country but we planning that he be here weeks before the interview date so that we can do the medicals together does he need a police clearance certificate from his current country of residence(my case number is 2019AF00011***).and finally my immunization certificate while I was a kid has a different name from the one on my birth certificate will I really need it?and if I will can I just get a sworn affidavit to show that am the same person?

Again, you’ve not provided enough, or I should say necessary information regarding your husband so we can’t answer that question which is why I suggested you read the instructions yourself. We don’t know if your husband ever lived in Kenya before and for how long. We don’t know how long your husband has been in his present country of abode. You will do yourself a world of good by actually reading the instructions yourself - see the following link Preparing Supporting Documents (to make it easier for you) and focus on the section that says IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT POLICE CERTIFICATE

A sworn affidavit attesting to the name doesn’t really carry much, if any weight when it comes to diversity visa lottery. It is a piece of paper that has been greatly abused, COs do not really consider it. Your immunization certificate isn’t of much relevance. The doctor conducting your medical exam will make the determination as to what additional vaccine is required even if the immunization certificate is not presented. However, you need to make sure the name on that certificate has also been listed on your DS260 form under the other names section.

I need some help here. I got my interview date, and now am not sure exactly how to proceed. I tried registering for my interview appointment online following a link about Nairobi embassy instructions, immediately I got the date, but it said my number is not ready...
Could someone tell me what am supposed to do after getting my date? I am planning to call iom for my medical appointment tomorrow. My son is 4, is there anything I need to know?

I am a part of a WhatsApp group of DV2018, and there are selectees of DV2019, they will definitely come, my sister in law is a selectee and with a low case number under 8k. But i haven't talked to her since so maybe she don't know about this forum. But I'm sure there
hey i would wanna join the watssapp group if its possible

My CN is 2019AF00018XXX
Nick, chances are you may get interview appointment before the June 2019 passport replacement dateline issued by Government of Kenya. I would encourage you to go ahead and replace it. It takes about two weeks to a month (I think) to get a new one.

Hi am a Kenyan selectee and am married I just had afew questions what forms does my host family in the US needs to fill for us is it I-864 or I-134 secondly if you have all the certificate you still need to go to knec to send the results to the embassy and my husband stays in another country wil he need a good conduct certificate from the other country and a Kenyan one too?

Florence, police certificate is required for all the countries you have been a resident for more than 6 months. I am not sure your immunization certificate is required during medical, but if you have children, you need to carry their immunization records.

i would also like to know if even after one got the highschool diploma cert still needs to go to knec to have them send the transcripts to the embassy thanks!

Hello there I had a quick quiz.if your case number is listed in the bulletin for November does that mean that you will have the interview in the month of November or the next month of December anyone please clarify for me please

Hello there I had a quick quiz.if your case number is listed in the bulletin for November does that mean that you will have the interview in the month of November or the next month of December anyone please clarify for me please
December .But I think it also depends when you submitted your ds260 not sure on this mods can expound further

Last edited:
December .But I think it also depends when you submitted your ds260 not sure on this mods can expound can further
I did submit my ds260 and that for my husband in June but updated mine in the begining September.so I guess all I wanted clarifications on is my case number is 2019AF000118** so am likely to fall in January since the one for Dec is upto 9800 so does that mean that my interview will be in Jan or February?

I did submit my ds260 and that for my husband in June but updated mine in the begining September.so I guess all I wanted clarifications on is my case number is 2019AF000118** so am likely to fall in January since the one for Dec is upto 9800 so does that mean that my interview will be in Jan or February?
And am asking this coz my husband stays out of the country so I justed need to know which month should he lost his vacation days with his employer.

Given the way the visa bulletin is moving most likely January but you have to wait for the december bulletin and the outcome of the medical it may push the interview date further if they require additional tests its a step by step process from what I have read on this forum (Kenyan selectees)

My CN is below 9500 still waiting for the 2 NL submitted Ds260 mid July unlocked then resubmitted August 10 will update when I get it.

Last edited:
Given the way the visa bulletin is moving most likely January but you have to wait for the december bulletin and the outcome of the medical it may push the interview date further if they require additional tests its a step by step process from what I have read on this forum (Kenyan selectees)

My CN is below 9500 still waiting for the 2 NL submitted Ds260 mid July unlocked then resubmitted August 10 will update when I get it.
Thank you so much for the feedback I do appreciate it and all the best let me know so that I can plan and I hope you get your 2NL soon.

i would also like to know if even after one got the highschool diploma cert still needs to go to knec to have them send the transcripts to the embassy thanks!

Yes, it's a requirement for KNEC to send verified results for all Principal applicants directly to the embassy.

Also, am told i need my son's letter of consent for international travelling from his father. Is there a standard consent form for this, or his dad can just write a letter allowing international travel. This is for the US Embassy in Nairobi.
Two, since the dad is miles away, can he scan the letter for me to print and DHL the Embassy?

Thank you so much for the feedback I do appreciate it and all the best let me know so that I can plan and I hope you get your 2NL soon.
Hi Kite, did you manage to get your 2NL?Myself I got an email from KCC notifying me to send both our passports,good conduct certificate and birth certificate in soft so that we can have our interview date scheduled,did you get the same email too?

Received my 2nl late October for DEC interview but not the email requiring we email our docs .
I have seen a thread here about it seems like a new policy effective January next year for all applicants who had not received their 2nl .

I got my interview date for Dec 2018, but have not received any email asking me to send the documents will it be sent? I even have booked with the embassy for the interview.
On medicals, i booked with IOM and they have quoted approx 85k for me and my 2yrs Son inclusive of Immunization. i have seen on the 2018 post that i can knock off the cost by having the Vaccines and immunization outside IOM.

If you have done the medicals please update to help someone else who could come be fetching the info....