• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Kenyan Selectees

I have the old passport expiring in 2027, do I need to replace it with the current e-passport. Thanks

I don't know your CN and when you will be interviewed... If I was in your situation I would get the new passport.... Reason!! The government is getting rid of the old one and they gave citizens two years to replace....from last year...!!! because I don't know when the expiry will be sometime next year .......kes 4500 or so would not be too much to sacrifice!!.... I replaced mine... You don't want last minute rush or unless u have connection s at Nyayo house!!! But as Guriix said u could be fine..

I don't know your CN and when you will be interviewed... If I was in your situation I would get the new passport.... Reason!! The government is getting rid of the old one and they gave citizens two years to replace....from last year...!!! because I don't know when the expiry will be sometime next year .......kes 4500 or so would not be too much to sacrifice!!.... I replaced mine... You don't want last minute rush or unless u have connection s at Nyayo house!!! But as Guriix said u could be fine..
My CN is 2019AF00018XXX

No, you should be good.

I guess if it's a government requirement it wouldn't hurt to get but all the embassy cares for is a valid passport.

My CN is 2019AF00018XXX

Hi Nick and congratulations on your selection. It is very exciting and a total life change (hopefully for the better).
On the passport issue, i highly recommend that you get the new one. Every Kenyan is supposed to have changed over by June of 2019.

Just became current.!! I Thank God... I am wishing all the Dv2019 all the best as u start the long journey... With this months VB going current it should give the guys with high CNs hope for an interview... Just hang in there...Africa could go current as well...as Dv2018 was highly over selected... Keep the faith!!

Hi Nick and congratulations on your selection. It is very exciting and a total life change (hopefully for the better).
On the passport issue, i highly recommend that you get the new one. Every Kenyan is supposed to have changed over by June of 2019.
I thought so... will replace it. Thanks

Hi. Thank you for this forum. It's very helpful. I am a Kenya selectee. I am married but its what we call a "come we stay " marriage. I am currently in the process of formalizing my marriage. In the DS260 form, do I write the date when we started living together as husband and wife or should I write the one on the marriage certificate that we'll be given? Thanks

Hi am a Kenyan selectee and am married I just had afew questions what forms does my host family in the US needs to fill for us is it I-864 or I-134 secondly if you have all the certificate you still need to go to knec to send the results to the embassy and my husband stays in another country wil he need a good conduct certificate from the other country and a Kenyan one too?

Hi am a Kenyan selectee and am married I just had afew questions what forms does my host family in the US needs to fill for us is it I-864 or I-134 secondly if you have all the certificate you still need to go to knec to send the results to the embassy and my husband stays in another country wil he need a good conduct certificate from the other country and a Kenyan one too?

Form I-134.
You’ve not provided enough information with regards to your husband. Anyway I recommend you read the instructions again regarding PCC so that you have a better understanding of what is required

My husband stays out of the country but we planning that he be here weeks before the interview date so that we can do the medicals together does he need a police clearance certificate from his current country of residence(my case number is 2019AF00011***).and finally my immunization certificate while I was a kid has a different name from the one on my birth certificate will I really need it?and if I will can I just get a sworn affidavit to show that am the same person?