• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

My Journey – Update

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
And here comes the newest USC!!!!

Everlasting-Hair-Flip.gif

Yessssss!!!!!!! I’ve come to the end of my immigration journey. Woot! Woot!!

I realize this forum is for discussing DV processing, and some of you may probable be thinking to yourselves, “so she thinks it’s okay to put up this none DV related post in this sub forum when there’s an applicable sub forum she should be posting on”. Well I’m putting up the post here:
  • To serve as a source of encouragement
  • And because I think I’ve earned the right to (feel free to call it abuse of power) :p
Interview was easy, simple, straightforward. Started with the six civic questions, followed by one line sentence read/write testing. Then a quick review of the information on my N400 form, and the yes or no questions. Interview ended with the IO saying congratulations, I’m recommending your case for approval. Was given a printout which also said congratulations you passed, the test, recommending case for approval. I thanked the IO and asked if my oath ceremony could be admistered same day, letting him know I was willing to wait a couple of hours if need be - ha ha ha (yeah, I was being pushy). My IO took me to the office of a rather stern looking lady who immediately said ‘NO!’ as soon as my IO asked her if I could get sworn in same day. The entire interview was done in less than 20 minutes.

Anyway, here’s my timeline:

05/03/2012: DV 2013 Selection Notification

11/1/2012: I-485 Package accepted by USCIS (CN current in November)

11/15/2012: Biometrics Completed (walk in)

01/28/2013: GC Interview/Approval (same day)

11/03/2017: N-400 Package accepted by USCIS

11/10/2017: Biometrics Completed (walk in)

09/22/2018: Interview Notification Received

10/22/2018: Naturalization Interview/Approval (same day)

10/29/2018: Oath Ceremony Notification

11/07/2018: Oath Ceremony

11/08/2018: Passport Application

Congrats . You'll feel even better once you have that passport in your hand.

Not necessarily, re the feel even better part. There’s no new doors the US passport can open for me which my Canadian one doesn’t already open. But it certainly feels great to be done for good with the USCIS.

Awesome. Congrats Mom. My 5 years is September 2019, so I want to be done before November 3 2020.

September 2019 is your 4 years 9 months eligibility window? Yeah, it sucks that the SF FO is taking 12 months on average (slightly longer for some) to process Naturalization petitions when some other FOs are getting this done in 4 months.

I missed out on the Nov. 6th 2018 election date since they wouldn’t administer the oath after my interview even though I pushed hard for it. My son, on the other hand who wasn’t even aware of the significance of Nov. 6th was sworn in same day right after his interview in Oct!

September 2019 is your 4 years 9 months eligibility window? Yeah, it sucks that the SF FO is taking 12 months on average (slightly longer for some) to process Naturalization petitions when some other FOs are getting this done in 4 months.

I missed out on the Nov. 6th 2018 election date since they wouldn’t administer the oath after my interview even though I pushed hard for it. My son, on the other hand who wasn’t even aware of the significance of Nov. 6th was sworn in same day right after his interview in Oct!

My N400 was filed 1 October, estimated completion date on myuscis is Oct 2019 :(

Congratulations Sm1smom!! I'm sure it's wonderful to be done with USCIS.

My eligibility date (4 years and 9 months) is in late May 2020, so I don't think I can vote in November 2020 :-(

My N400 was filed 1 October, estimated completion date on myuscis is Oct 2019 :(

Yep, that’s the SF FO for you - I filed on Nov. 3rd 2107, estimated completion date was Nov. 2018. I kept on hoping the process would finish before the estimated date, but no such luck.