• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

Thank you mom, I'm more worried about my health condition rather than the admission :(

Surprised the doctor didn’t give you feedback about this ...I know the exam is for visa purposes but they are doctors first and foremost and should be acting appropriately re your health. Good luck with your move to the US, and hope the health condition isn’t too serious.

Surprised the doctor didn’t give you feedback about this ...I know the exam is for visa purposes but they are doctors first and foremost and should be acting appropriately re your health. Good luck with your move to the US, and hope the health condition isn’t too serious.
Thank you Susie for your support. The doctor told me everything was Ok... that's why I think it's due to my history and my current medication...Hope it's not too serious

Hi,
I had my interview 2 days ago in Paris and IO told us that we were approved, they took our passports.
However on the CEAC tracker website I still see "Ready" for both of us (my wife and I), I thought we could be at least "AP" or at best "issued" but "Ready" doesn't make sense, does it?
Should I contact the Embassy?
Thanks

Hi,
I had my interview 2 days ago in Paris and IO told us that we were approved, they took our passports.
However on the CEAC tracker website I still see "Ready" for both of us (my wife and I), I thought we could be at least "AP" or at best "issued" but "Ready" doesn't make sense, does it?
Thanks

Just be patient!

that's the normal process in Paris embassy !
Hi,
Thanks

Hi There
Can someone help me answer for this.
My friend case number 2018AS..... held interview on 23 sep 2018 and short of 1 document its Russian police report, embassy called him on 26th and said they wait till 28th then close the case, again called on 28th and asked them able to get it by week end its 29th adn 30th september he said everyday im in hope.

finally did not get and embassy also did not call on monday or tuesday but he received a call from Russian embassy called him today 2nd OCT and said its ready then immediate we called the embassy but they are closed today but still someone there for immigrant visa and asked him your documents and passport returned? he said no then she answered ok come and submit tomorrow.

I checked the status in the site its still "Administrative process"

Do you think he got chance?

Hi THere
Can someone help me answer for this.
My friend case number 2018AS..... held interview on 23 sep 2018 and short of 1 document its Russian police report, embassy called him on 26th and said they wait till 28th then close the case, again called on 28th and asked them able to get it by week end its 29th adn 30th september he said everyday im in hope.

finally did not get and embassy also did not call on monday or tuesday but he received a call from Russian embassy called him today 2nd OCT and said its ready then immediate we called the embassy but they are closed today but still someone there for immigrant visa and asked him your documents and passport returned? he said no then she answered ok come and submit tomorrow.

I checked the status in the site its still "Administrative process"

Do you think he got chance?
If I understand you correctly that he did not get the required document before end September then no, he has missed out.

Although it's a bit late I wanted to thank everyone on the forum for their help. Especially @Britsimon @SusieQQQ @Sm1smom . I debated a lot between AOS and CP and I decided to do CP at the end. Had my interview on September 10th and got my passport back on 14th. I'm already back in the US and waiting for my green card to arrive. Thank you all for your help.

Congratulations.

I got this message today from USCIS after long wait of name check. On October 5, 2018, we denied your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC . We mailed you a decision notice that explains why we denied your case and your options. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your denial notice by October 20, 2018.

The thing make me more upset thr Officer in the interview told me my application was approved but waiting for name check to be clea and I will get my deiscion max 30 days after interview.
After that he never expedite my name check untill few days before the deadline after I spoke with supervisor.
Bad luck

The thing make me more upset thr Officer in the interview told me my application was approved but waiting for name check to be clea and I will get my deiscion max 30 days after interview.
After that he never expedite my name check untill few days before the deadline after I spoke with supervisor.
Bad luck

You need to let this go and stop driving yourself crazy needlessly over this. You do not work at the FO, you don’t know what your IO’s workload is like - you don’t know the number of petitions he deals with on a daily basis. You have no verifiable evidence to back up your claim he made no effort to expedite your name check after your interview as promised until a few days before the deadline, your petition wasn’t the only case before him. Your IO has no control over when your background check clears - he can only try.

So let it go! Move on with your life. What is done is done. Obsessing over the denial is unhealthy IMO.

hello,

Since I got my Visa I plan to go to USA to "activate" my green card in 1 month. I plan to stay there 1 week (NYC).

What should I expect from immigration once I'm there ?
Can I stay 1 week ?
Do I need an address there ?
Can I give an address in SF (where I'll never be physically there)?
After how long I'll receive my GC?

Thank you !