• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Mom,
My case and my kids case status changed to New Card Ordered. However, my wife case is still no change. Should I be worried?

I don’t know. It’s possible they just missed updating your wife’s online status, it’s also possible she’s yet to be approved.

Who is the main selectee? You or your wife?

Hello mom. I went today they told me my officer is not in the office today. So if my officer is not in the office today and tomoorow. Is this going to hurt my case as I am still pending name check ?

I would like to believe your IO didn’t just leave without putting appropriate measures in place. If your IO is scheduled to be off work tomorrow, appropriate arrangements would have been made for some someone else to review and approve cases such as yours clearing AP at the last minute.

Hello mom. They request one expedite for my name check on September 17th and until now they didn’t clear my name. Is that normal ?

Your interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number xxxxxxxxxx, was completed, and your case must be reviewed. We will mail you a notice if we make a decision or take further action. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address

No, not the online update, I’m asking about her current status in US.

I just came from infopass and the supervisor told me they can’t make decision today because my name is pending. I ask , is this common , reply, no but it happen. So I think I will get denial letter because I am from majority Muslim country.

I just came from infopass and the supervisor told me they can’t make decision today because my name is pending. I ask , is this common , reply, no but it happen. So I think I will get denial letter because I am from majority Muslim country.

I’m sorry learn it’s looking like your AP will not be resolved by the end of the FY which will result in a denial. It’s sad.

Just to set the records straight, and I know you’re entitled to your opinion which is what you have expressed here, but for the sake of other readers. Your prolonged AP is not mainly because you’re from a Muslim majority country - considering the fact that you have refused to actually identify the country you’re chargeable to despite the fact that you’ve been asked a couple of times in the past). Several selectees from Muslim majority countries have been approved and will continue to be approved. Your post makes it sound like everyone from a Muslim majority country gets denied. That’s not accurate.

I hope you’ve been maintaining your current status though. Good luck as you move on from this (if you get a denial letter). I will encourage you to still give DV2020 a shot though when the registration opens.

All the best!

Hi @Sm1smom , @Britsimon

Question; After arriving to US with DV visa, and if the document have been cleared by the port of entry, Is there any thing else we should do to receive the GC? . My wife has paid the $220 already for USCIS before arriving.

forgot to mention one other thing, The embassy has accepted the AOS payment receipt from KCC as the payment of $330 for the embassy ( I had paid for both me and my wife at that time) . So we could save an additional $330 there.

Thanks

Hi @Sm1smom , @Britsimon

Question; After arriving to US with DV visa, and if the document have been cleared by the port of entry, Is there any thing else we should do to receive the GC? . My wife has paid the $220 already for USCIS before arriving.

forgot to mention one other thing, The embassy has accepted the AOS payment receipt from KCC as the payment of $330 for the embassy ( I had paid for both me and my wife at that time) . So we could save an additional $330 there.

Thanks

All that’s left to do is wait for the GC to show up.

Hello Everybody.

Today I received mail from USCIS and inside was GC.
I remember losing hope when I was little late with the papers, but Chicago Field Office was so good and so fast that they did not gave me any headaches. My officer and supervisor were so nice and straight.

Finally, Mom, I am so proud not only that I have a GC, but proud because I submitted everything without a lawyer and it worked. I did it because of this forum. What you do here Mom, is incredible. I do not know your purpose of helping us all, but I want to say thank you. Your forum and my GC won't change my personality, but it will definitely change my life in the U.S.

Thank you very much.

I am going to put timeline update (next)...

I got this email. Your inquiry regarding the status of your United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) application addressed to the Federal Bureau of investigation's (FBI) National Name Check Program (NNCP) has been received. Previously, the NNCP often provided substantive responses to inquiries such as yours, but because of the large volume of inquiries the NNCP has been receiving, we can no longer provide detailed responses to individuals about the status of their name checks. Instead, we must refer individuals to USCIS for updates on the status of their applications.

USCIS sometimes informs applicants that their applications are awaiting completion of background checks. The FBI Name Check is only one element of the USCIS background investigation process. In some instances, the FBI Name Check has been completed while the USCIS background investigation process continues, while in other cases the FBI Name Check may still be pending.

I regret that we cannot provide a substantive response to your inquiry. Please contact USCIS at 1-800-375-5283 for information regarding the status of your application.

Hello Everybody.

Today I received mail from USCIS and inside was GC.
I remember losing hope when I was little late with the papers, but Chicago Field Office was so good and so fast that they did not gave me any headaches. My officer and supervisor were so nice and straight.

Finally, Mom, I am so proud not only that I have a GC, but proud because I submitted everything without a lawyer and it worked. I did it because of this forum. What you do here Mom, is incredible. I do not know your purpose of helping us all, but I want to say thank you. Your forum and my GC won't change my personality, but it will definitely change my life in the U.S.

Thank you very much.

I am going to put timeline update (next)...

Congratulations on coming to the end of the journey for now. Until you decide to proceed with naturalization or sponsor a spouse/parent(s) when you qualify to do so ;)

Although you’ve stated this forum and your GC will not change your personality, I would actually encourage you to let your experience in this forum influence you in a positive way. The kindness, friendship, and encouragement you’ve received from completely faceless strangers should hopefully encourage you to seek and pursue opportunities in which you can make a positive change in the lives of strangers where you stand to gain nothing by being nice to them.

All the best and enjoy your new status.

Congratulations on coming to the end of the journey for now. Until you decide to proceed with naturalization or sponsor a spouse/parent(s) when you qualify to do so ;)

Although you’ve stated this forum and your GC will not change your personality, I would actually encourage you to let your experience in this forum influence you in a positive way. The kindness, friendship, and encouragement you’ve received from completely faceless strangers should hopefully encourage you to seek and pursue opportunities in which you can make a positive change in the lives of strangers where you stand to gain nothing by being nice to them.

All the best and enjoy your new status.

I agree with you. The reason why I Said about personality, I meant that I won't let GC turn myself into bad person by knowing I’m a GC holder now. I will be a better person now. I will always try to help strangers just as you stated “strangers here helped me pursue my GC”. This is a lifetime experience for me.

Thank you so much :)

Last edited: