• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 All Selectees

Thanks!

If we fill it for DS-260 form then it contradicts information on application form. Woudn't it then be voided automatically?

No it will not be automatically voided, you will still get scheduled for an interview and there will be an opportunity to explain the situation.

However not disclosing it creates a major problem - it could be considered withholding of pertinent information, or fraudulent misrepresentation, or both, and your parents will be facing a life time ban from the US.

No it will not be automatically voided, you will still get scheduled for an interview and there will be an opportunity to explain the situation.

However not disclosing it creates a major problem - it could be considered withholding of pertinent information, or fraudulent misrepresentation, or both, and your parents will be facing a life time ban from the US.
Thanks!

That makes it clear. One more question: my father is a professional truck driver and I know there is a shortage for truck drivers in US. Would this increase chances at interview?

Thanks!

That makes it clear. One more question: my father is a professional truck driver and I know there is a shortage for truck drivers in US. Would this increase chances at interview?

Nope, that will not increase his chances of being approved.

I hope he meets the educational requirements, cause if he doesn’t you guys might as well safe yourselves the time and resources required for this process. He doesn’t qualify based on work experience.

Hi. I'm happy to have been selected. Case number is AF0002xxx. When filling the DV entry form, my spouse wrote date of birth as per ID, which is different from date of birth on birth certificate. The birth certificate will be used to issue a passport. Please advise on what to do in such a case. Thanks in advance

Hi. I'm happy to have been selected. Case number is AF0002xxx. When filling the DV entry form, my spouse wrote date of birth as per ID, which is different from date of birth on birth certificate. The birth certificate will be used to issue a passport. Please advise on what to do in such a case. Thanks in advance
Country?
Put the correct date of birth (the one that will be on the passport) in the DS260 , and bring the ID with you to show the interviewing officer why the incorrect date was entered on the entry form.

My nephew got selected for the DV Visa 2019 with Number SA7xx! I checked the past selection bulletins and it looks like the visa for this number became available in the DV 2018 lottery in March, and for previous years it was January / February! Can you confirm I am reading this correctly? It seems very likely he will get an interview with this number if I am understanding this correctly.

Until I read this forum I had no idea that his NVC case number meant something. Thank you.

I have a few additional questions:

1) Do you have a guess at how processing times for this year compare to previous years?

2) Once his number comes up in the bulletin, when should he expect to get his interview?

3) When he gets his email telling him his interview date, does it tell him exactly what to bring to the interview, or does everyone just have to bring the same generic list of items listed on the DV vis website?

Thank you!

My nephew got selected for the DV Visa 2019 with Number SA7xx! I checked the past selection bulletins and it looks like the visa for this number became available in the DV 2018 lottery in March, and for previous years it was January / February! Can you confirm I am reading this correctly? It seems very likely he will get an interview with this number if I am understanding this correctly.

Until I read this forum I had no idea that his NVC case number meant something. Thank you.

1) Do you have a guess at how processing times for this year compare to previous years?

2) Once his number comes up in the bulletin, when should he expect to get his interview?

3) When he gets his email telling him his interview date, does it tell him exactly what to bring to the interview, or does everyone just have to bring the same generic list of items listed on the DV vis website?

Thank you!

1. No idea yet
2. Assuming his DS has been processed, it’s typically around 2 months later. He should receive his interview notification a couple of weeks after the visa bulletin.
3. Your nephew needs to follow the link in his selection letter to the department of state website, and very carefully read all the DV-related pages it links to. These describe in detail what he needs to get for the interview. Unless it’s changed, all that the interview letter will tell him will be exact interview details, contact info for the interviewing consulate and details of approved panel doctors for his medical.

Make sure he’s printed or otherwise saved his selection letter, as it will be replaced by his interview letter when that’s ready.

Thank you!

1. It is too soon to know anything. Patience.
2. Typically within the month identified on the visa bulletin - the VB published in January for instance will announce numbers for March interviews - it is clear in the VB.
3. The selection letter provided a link that has instructions. My site and this site have additional info.

Country?
Put the correct date of birth (the one that will be on the passport) in the DS260 , and bring the ID with you to show the interviewing officer why the incorrect date was entered on the entry form.
Thank you Susie. Your response is very helpful. much appreciated

Hello
I have been selected for 2019 and I have a question pls help me. Now I am F2 visa in US.
1 - And Can I fill DS260 and select currently in US? Or I have to back my home country? Because student visa is nonimmgrant.
2 - So what should I do?
3 - If I apply here can I to have a chance to take green card?

My CN - AS9xxx
Thank you

Last edited:
Hello
I have been selected for 2019 and I have a question pls help me. Now I am F2 visa in US.
1 - And Can I fill DS260 and select currently in US? Or I have to back my home country? Because student visa is nonimmgrant.
2 - So what should I do?
3 - If I apply here can I to have a chance to take green card?

My CN - AS9xxx
Thank you

1. Yes you can. But be sure you understand the process before you do so. Read the AOS process spreadsheet.
2. Understand the process. Go through the AOS process spreadsheet.
3. Possible.

https://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2019-aos-only.337772/

Thank you it helped me to decided. I think no problem if I apply here. Because I am legal residing in US. So apply here.
Wish you all the best thank you again

Hello all
My husband selected for 2019 (AS1****) and I have a question pls help me.
1. We don't have any relative there in US. Does it will make our visa get rejected on interview?
2. Do we need to provide SSN to rent a US apartment online? We don't have the SSN yet, so I wonder is it possible to rent without SSN.

Thank you

My wife's application has been selected for dv2019- the first time we tried! Got a promising CN too with EU17xxx so mood is currently bouncing between super optimistic and dreading the rug being pulled from under us by DJT....
Have some questions that I will come back to if I can't find info here or on Simon's blog- thanks all for the wealth of knowledge on here

Hello all
1. We don't have any relative there in US. Does it will make our visa get rejected on interview?
2. Do we need to provide SSN to rent a US apartment online? We don't have the SSN yet, so I wonder is it possible to rent without SSN.

Thank you

1. No
2. It depends on what kind of apartment you’re trying to rent online. If it’s a vacation rental for a temporary stay, no SSN required. Otherwise trying to rent an apartment for a long term stay site-onseen is not a smart move IMO.

Hello all

Thank you

Agree with mom, unless it’s a short term place to stay while you look for something long term you should not rent an apartment unseen from someone you’ve never met.

Result released May 15; DS 260 submitted May 20; CN is AF28xxx. When is 2NL most likely to be received and when is interview most likely?
Does early submission of DS 260 make any difference in terms of early receipt of 2NLs and Interview date?

Does early submission of DS 260 make any difference in terms of early receipt of 2NLs and Interview date?

Assuming you’re doing CP, no. 2NLs usually around 6 weeks before interview, give or take a couple of weeks depending on exact interview date.