• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 All Selectees

Well there is no "optimal time" as such - but submitting now won't hasten your interview. So - watch the VB progress for a few months and perhaps submit your DS260 early next year.

@Britsimon are you able to make a judgement yet as to which EU numbers will safely make the cut for FY2019?

My OC number is 4xx which i think is a safe number? Anything under 1000 it seems?

Does the interview process start from October?

My mother in law (whom I adore) is a Ukrainian national. A year ago we got her a 10 year, 6 month multiple entry USA tourist visa. She is currently in the USA for about another five months. We checked her diversity visa application the other day, and she has been accepted to continue her application. She submitted her DS-260. Her case number is 2019EU00014xxx.

Unfortunately, some documentation required for the process is back in war-zone Ukraine, where she will be returning in late October.

I'm a naturalized US citizen, my wife has passed her citizenship exam; we're still waiting on her unconditional green card and notification of oath ceremony, it seems USCIS is running slow.

Now we feel like there are too many options; 1) once my wife (finally) gets her citizenship, she can apply to be reunited with her mother. 2) since her mother is currently in-country, we could go the AoS route. 3) we can try the DS-260 process.

Which method would you suggest? Speed is most important (after likelihood of success), keeping costs down is nice but least important. Is there a reasonable hope for that case number? I am not wise in these matters.

Many thanks for any help, apologies for any thread hijack or drift.

My mother in law (whom I adore) is a Ukrainian national. A year ago we got her a 10 year, 6 month multiple entry USA tourist visa. She is currently in the USA for about another five months. We checked her diversity visa application the other day, and she has been accepted to continue her application. She submitted her DS-260. Her case number is 2019EU00014xxx.

Unfortunately, some documentation required for the process is back in war-zone Ukraine, where she will be returning in late October.

I'm a naturalized US citizen, my wife has passed her citizenship exam; we're still waiting on her unconditional green card and notification of oath ceremony, it seems USCIS is running slow.

Now we feel like there are too many options; 1) once my wife (finally) gets her citizenship, she can apply to be reunited with her mother. 2) since her mother is currently in-country, we could go the AoS route. 3) we can try the DS-260 process.

Which method would you suggest? Speed is most important (after likelihood of success), keeping costs down is nice but least important. Is there a reasonable hope for that case number? I am not wise in these matters.

Post is slightly confusing as you don’t need a green card (unconditional or at all) when you become a citizen... but that aside...and bearing in mind this is a DV forum and people are not experts in other fields - yes your wife can apply for her mother once she becomes a citizen. That would have to happen before her current stay expires. But she wouldn’t be able to travel out the US for a while once that happens (until she gets an advanced parole document). There are other forums that better deal with the details of family based visas/adjustment.
If she does DV adjustment she will need to go back home to do it even if she had the documents with her - she won’t be able to stay and adjust with that number, it won’t be current in time before her B visa stay expires.

I’m sure when your MIL originally came into the US on her NIV, it wasn’t with the mind of staying permanently in the US, so her having to return to war-zone Ukraine to get her documents is mute IMO.

For the DV selection, (congratulations on that), she will not be able to process AOS since her CN will definitely not become current in Oct, so she must return to Ukraine to process CP and I hope you guys indicated that on the DS260 form (seeing you already submitted it).

Your wife can also sponsor her for a GC after her oath ceremony and assuming that is all done before October when she’s expected to depart, she will be eligible to process AOS in this case. But considering you already said her documents are back in Ukraine, I don’t know how you guys plan on pulling that off.

Hi!

I was selected in the DV lottery (Case number 4XX).

I already filled the DS-260. The problem is I have a university degree, which I put in the DS-260... but I think I selected "High School education" on my original application (by mistake).

Does this disqualify me for the interview or it is an acceptable mistake that I will be allowed to explain in the Consulate?

Thank you.

Hi!

I was selected in the DV lottery (Case number 4XX).

I already filled the DS-260. The problem is I have a university degree, which I put in the DS-260... but I think I selected "High School education" on my original application (by mistake).

Does this disqualify me for the interview or it is an acceptable mistake that I will be allowed to explain in the Consulate?

Thank you.

It’s not a problem.

hi, my father won a dv lottery for 2019 and I found out that he filled out having a spouse. The story is that my parents were married, then divorced but living together again but not yet officially married again. I believe that is big mistake, correct? My mother still has my father last name on passport though. They will get married officially asap which I hope would help, please advise.

I've been trying to ask a question on BritSimon's blog, for some reason the commenting doesn't work, or maybe it needs approval? o_O

I have been selected and already submitted a DS-260 form. :) I am from Europe and my number starts with EU and is around 5000. However, I live in Asia and I have requested to have my interview here, but from looking at BritSimon's statistics, I have found out that from the past years, this number is pretty high for the Asian region(last year they only made it to 5500).

My question is, how are they going to schedule my interview? Are they going to follow the trend for EU numbers or Asian numbers? If I change the interview to Europe, will that be better?

hi, my father won a dv lottery for 2019 and I found out that he filled out having a spouse. The story is that my parents were married, then divorced but living together again but not yet officially married again. I believe that is big mistake, correct? My mother still has my father last name on passport though. They will get married officially asap which I hope would help, please advise.

When did the divorce take place? How long have they lived together since then?

I've been trying to ask a question on BritSimon's blog, for some reason the commenting doesn't work, or maybe it needs approval? o_O

I have been selected and already submitted a DS-260 form. :) I am from Europe and my number starts with EU and is around 5000. However, I live in Asia and I have requested to have my interview here, but from looking at BritSimon's statistics, I have found out that from the past years, this number is pretty high for the Asian region(last year they only made it to 5500).

My question is, how are they going to schedule my interview? Are they going to follow the trend for EU numbers or Asian numbers? If I change the interview to Europe, will that be better?

Where your interview takes place has no impact on your CN progression. You’re chargeable to EU, that’s the trend you case and interview will follow regardless of if the interview is taking place in Asia, Africa, or any other continent/place.

Where your interview takes place has no impact on your CN progression. You’re chargeable to EU, that’s the trend you case and interview will follow regardless of if the interview is taking place in Asia, Africa, or any other continent/place.

Thanks for making that clear, I've been trying to find answers to this question all day :D
Really appreciate your answer.

When did the divorce take place? How long have they lived together since then?
Hey, thanks for reply.

They married 1989-10-28, divorced 2015-10-27. Living again together since summer of 2016 but have not officially married again since. In DV Lottery application he filled her as a spouse.

Hey, thanks for reply.

They married 1989-10-28, divorced 2015-10-27. Living again together since summer of 2016 but have not officially married again since. In DV Lottery application he filled her as a spouse.

Hmmn! I guess they can give it a shot. They will of course have to disclose the first marriage and divorce on their DS260 forms.

Hmmn! I guess they can give it a shot. They will of course have to disclose the first marriage and divorce on their DS260 forms.
Thanks!

If we fill it for DS-260 form then it contradicts information on application form. Woudn't it then be voided automatically?