How long are you allowed to volunteer in the US with a tourist visa?

copernica

Could anyone let me know how long is a European allowed to stay as a volunteer while on a tourist visa in the US? Many thanks.

Also, does anyone know of interesting volunteering projects in the states of California and Oregon and what the requirements are? Thanks again.

Yes, It think it is for 90 days. Recently, one of my friends visited US to volunteer on a tourist visa. She has shared a great experience of a humanitarian mission, where she supported the people suffering from the natural disaster. So, I got inspired from her and planning to join mission humanitaire ( mission-humanitaire-afrique.org ) to help the people who are suffering very badly.

And if you stay after 90 days without a visa, what does it threaten?

You overstay your time. You basically “spoil” your visa as some would say.... next time you try to use it Immigration will basically deny you entry and cancel your visa. Hope this Explaination helps.

You overstay your time. You basically “spoil” your visa as some would say.... next time you try to use it Immigration will basically deny you entry and cancel your visa. Hope this Explaination helps.

To say you “basically spoil” your visa is an understatement... as soon as you overstay your visa it gets automatically voided and cancelled. And then the chances of ever getting another one are basically zero.

To say you “basically spoil” your visa is an understatement... as soon as you overstay your visa it gets automatically voided and cancelled. And then the chances of ever getting another one are basically zero.

Yea. I Know. Lol
Its just something. I grew up hearing in my home country. “Spoiled your visa”.

Yea. I Know. Lol
Its just something. I grew up hearing in my home country. “Spoiled your visa”.

You said immigration would cancel it “next time you try use it.”. That is inaccurate. It is officially and automatically cancelled as soon as you overstay.