1. The forums will be down July 21 weekend due to server being moved by our host. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks.
    Dismiss Notice

How long are you allowed to volunteer in the US with a tourist visa?

Discussion in 'Any Topic' started by copernica, Apr 29, 2015.

1. copernica

copernica New Member

Could anyone let me know how long is a European allowed to stay as a volunteer while on a tourist visa in the US? Many thanks.

2. copernica

copernica New Member

Also, does anyone know of interesting volunteering projects in the states of California and Oregon and what the requirements are? Thanks again.

3. vikipilenche

vikipilenche New Member

I think the visa is valid for 90 days.

4. Kristine Montgomery

Kristine Montgomery New Member

Yes, It think it is for 90 days. Recently, one of my friends visited US to volunteer on a tourist visa. She has shared a great experience of a humanitarian mission, where she supported the people suffering from the natural disaster. So, I got inspired from her and planning to join mission humanitaire ( mission-humanitaire-afrique.org ) to help the people who are suffering very badly.

5. melissa123

melissa123 New Member

Only 90 days my dear friend.

6. Suiko

Suiko New Member

And how can I extend my visa?

7. Ginalina

Ginalina New Member

And if you stay after 90 days without a visa, what does it threaten?

8. Sm1smom

Sm1smom Super Moderator

What does it threaten if you stay longer than your allowed stay?:rolleyes:

9. loonymoony

loonymoony New Member

Only 90 days

10. Jbuff

Jbuff Member

You overstay your time. You basically “spoil” your visa as some would say.... next time you try to use it Immigration will basically deny you entry and cancel your visa. Hope this Explaination helps.

11. SusieQQQ

SusieQQQ Well-Known Member

To say you “basically spoil” your visa is an understatement... as soon as you overstay your visa it gets automatically voided and cancelled. And then the chances of ever getting another one are basically zero.

12. Jbuff

Jbuff Member

Yea. I Know. Lol
    Its just something. I grew up hearing in my home country. “Spoiled your visa”.

13. SusieQQQ

SusieQQQ Well-Known Member

You said immigration would cancel it “next time you try use it.”. That is inaccurate. It is officially and automatically cancelled as soon as you overstay.

Jbuff likes this.