• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Where is my G.C? Had email from USCIS but did receive the GC

Alice Gentil

Hello everyone,

I am over worried about my Green card , diversity visa (my first one GC, just after you arrive the first time in the territory, I arrived in the US the 8th of september 2017). So please please help me.

Today 15 dec 2017, I wanted to track the GC as I didn't receive the GC yet. I found the tracking system online USCIS, and I had this bad news:

"CARD WAS MAILED TO ME : On September 27, 2017, we mailed your new card for Receipt Number X, to the address you gave us. If you do not receive your card by October 27, 2017, please go to uscis goc erequest to request that we send your new card to you. If you move, go touscis gov addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

Can we 100% trust USCIS tracking?

Also, I have never had a tracking number from USPS as I thought we could have . The tracking number from USPS is systematically given? How to get that?

Where can I phone to have accurate news for the GC delivery please?
Were you already beeb in this situation?

Just for information, when I was with immigration officer when I arrived, I gave to him the envelop with all paper related to the immigration/G.C, I changed with him the address for the delivery (8th sept), and because I missed the flat number I updated it in the USCIS website (10 sept)... I am wondering if that can delay the delivery...

Many many thanks in advance,

Alice

It’s quite possible the address was not updated in time. Suggest you call USCIS to try track down what happened to the card, the card usually arrives within a few days of the “has been mailed” notice.

Your GC was probably delivered to the old address you initially put down or to the wrong flat address you provided at the POE. Anyways, you need to call USCIS and report your none receipt of the GC.

Thank you very much for your reply.
What will be the process to follow if I ask them that I didn't receive the GC? What will be the fees?
Do they provide a tracking number for USPS when they send the GC? I didn't have any as well...
Many thanks again,

Alice

Thank you very much for your reply.
What will be the process to follow if I ask them that I didn't receive the GC? What will be the fees?
Do they provide a tracking number for USPS when they send the GC? I didn't have any as well...
Many thanks again,

Alice
Whether or not there are fees will depend on whose fault it is that the card went missing. Anyway, the first thing to do is call uscis. They should be able to give you the USPS tracking number that was on the card. (They used to provide a tracking number to the recipient when it was mailed but I don’t believe they do that any more, we didn’t get one for a replacement card recently.) Once you have that you can find out from USPS where it went. It’s possible it’s been returned undelivered to uscis, too, but you need to call them to find out.

One more question please:
This the right phone number to call I guess?
National Customer Services Center
Call toll-free 1-800-375-5283

Thanks a lot again,
Alice

Hi,
A real relief. I tracked my GC and found it... in the receptionfront desk of my residence. They didn't think to contact me.
To have the tracking number I used the USCIS Emma system, you can chat with a representative, and she gave me the track. number of the mail... Really useful and simple to use. 5 stars!

Hi,
A real relief. I tracked my GC and found it... in the receptionfront desk of my residence. They didn't think to contact me.
To have the tracking number I used the USCIS Emma system, you can chat with a representative, and she gave me the track. number of the mail... Really useful and simple to use. 5 stars!

Glad you found it without too much hassle, but kind of scary to think such an important document was just lying there for so long!

Yes, I know! Especially when you have in your residence a specific service for delivery/parcel/mails ... Anyway. Everything is fine now, this is the most important. :)