• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2018 Selectees from Ghana

Now people are crying at Accra embassy paaaa oooo.
If u pass everything and get only D8 or E8 in your result especially in the core subjects kraaaa, u are denied.
I can't understand stand this.

Now people are crying at Accra embassy paaaa oooo.
If u pass everything and get only D8 or E8 in your result especially in the core subjects kraaaa, u are denied.
I can't understand stand this.

Do the people crying not already know a grade of D7 or E8 cannot gain them an admission into a tertiary institution in Ghana, which means those grades do not meet the minimum requirements of gaining an admission into a US college, so what is new about this? Plus the embassy’s website clearly says:

“The minimum university standard for admission to post-secondary education is a ‘C-’ average on the SSSCE or WASSCE, with credits (A-D or A1-C6) in all subjects. U.S. universities should not admit Ghanaian students who have not attained at least this level.”
https://gh.usembassy.gov/education-culture/educationusa-center/educational-system-ghana/
Educational qualifications means at least a successful completion of high school comparable to a US high school. If the grades are not comparable to what can be used in gaining admission into a US college, it does not meet the educational requirements.

Good day family. I am preparing my documents for my interview in January but I have a challenge which keeps me worried on what to do, and I trust this family can help me with some suggestions.
I am currently studying in the university, left with a year and half to complete. I am worried because I have a D7 in Integrated Science, especially with the current development at the Accra embassy. Kindly help me with your suggestions and advice It's there any hope of I continue?

Oh just add your current transcripts to your documents.
The D7 or E8 issue causes denial when u don't have further education.
But once u are studying, all u need is to get your transcript.
Most importantly, pray hard.!!!

Oh just add your current transcripts to your documents.
The D7 or E8 issue causes denial when u don't have further education.
But once u are studying, all u need is to get your transcript.
Most importantly, pray hard.!!!
Thanks very much my brother.

hello here,

I am an 2018 DV selectee from Benin and I jus had my interview today but I got a refusal letter because the Officer says I should have applied as a Europeean instead of African and have my interview in France. Actually I was born in France but I do not have a French nationality(I have a Beninese nationality because my parents are from Benin and my mother only went to give birth to me in France because her pregnancy was a risky one,so she brought me back home 2 months after and I have a Beninese passport) . He added after over an hour discussion with colleague over my case that I can apply again next year and should do so as an Europeean instead , but I am not an French national or European (So how can i?); Has anyone here experienced a similar situation ? what do you recommend I do? Can we appeal? How? I really do not want miss this opportunity, PLEASE HELP….

hello here,

I am an 2018 DV selectee from Benin and I jus had my interview today but I got a refusal letter because the Officer says I should have applied as a Europeean instead of African and have my interview in France. Actually I was born in France but I do not have a French nationality(I have a Beninese nationality because my parents are from Benin and my mother only went to give birth to me in France because her pregnancy was a risky one,so she brought me back home 2 months after and I have a Beninese passport) . He added after over an hour discussion with colleague over my case that I can apply again next year and should do so as an Europeean instead , but I am not an French national or European (So how can i?); Has anyone here experienced a similar situation ? what do you recommend I do? Can we appeal? How? I really do not want miss this opportunity, PLEASE HELP….

I’m sorry to say, but the refusal is correct. You are chargeable to the EU region since you were born in France. Makes no difference if you/your mom were in France for two days, two weeks or two months. You should have selected France as your chargeability country since you’re born in France. Of course you would have been eligible to be interviewed in Benin, or any other country you’re currently living at (not only in France).

Chargeability is based on country of birth, not nationality. The CO’s decision is correct and final. It cannot be appealed. And even if the decision was wrong (which it’s not in this case), it still cannot be appealed.

Read the instructions carefully when next you apply. Unfortunately, DV2019 registration period is over, but watch out for DV2020 registration period, if the program hasn’t been canceled by then.

Just to add to the above, selection is done by region so you were erroneously selected to begin with as you did not list your correct country of chargeability. So it’s not “missing out” so much as you may never have been selected to start with if you’d filled the form correctly - something we can never know of course.

If you enter again please ensure you read the instructions carefully before submitting the form. It’s always so sad when we see cases like this that are disqualified for not reading the rules properly - they are very clear that country of eligibility is based on birth and not nationality, passport etc.

Bro, am just saying this for you to know what to do.
Yesterday, a third year student from sunyani technical university went for an interview with her transcripts together with her good result (except D7 in core maths)
But was denied for not qualifying educationally. So I don't know what u do but the Accra embassy is becoming serious.

Bro, am just saying this for you to know what to do.
Yesterday, a third year student from sunyani technical university went for an interview with her transcripts together with her good result (except D7 in core maths)
But was denied for not qualifying educationally. So I don't know what u do but the Accra embassy is becoming serious.

If she is a 3rd year student she does not have any post school qualification yet, right? I mean theoretically she could drop out tomorrow and then the only diploma she has is her high school with D7 in maths. She does not currently possess an educational qualification that is at least equivalent to a US high school diploma...she simply doesn’t qualify. Just being enrolled in tertiary education has never been sufficient to overcome lack of an acceptable high school diploma - it is not the embassy suddenly becoming “serious”.

(In addition: I don’t know the Ghanaian system well enough to judge this bit, but FYI in many countries a “technical university” is a vocational institution so even a completed diploma from there would not be sufficient.)

US Embassy Accra Ghana

*Submitted DS260;* 12TH MAY, 2017

*Unlocked DS260;* 23RD MAY, 2017

*Resubmitted DS260;* 24TH MAY, 2017

Waited patiently for KCC to release first VB for 2018 DV fiscal year_was not easy tho. Would always keep trails on Brit Simons blog the immigration.forum for the latest immigration news and interview experience.
Until October, 9th where the 2018 VB was finally released and 2weeks followed by 2NL_but unfortunately for me I didn’t make the cut for October Interview even tho I submitted my DS260 early...Wasn’t bothered but kept the Faith high and Finally got the November Interview.
Got to the Embassy around *9:15am*, went for something to eat since the main interview or entry time was *10:30am* I also took the opportunity to get my US Passport Picture Size. *At Exactly *10:00am* we were called to form a line_where the lady check your appointment letter wit her list to see if u really bn scheduled. Same appointment letters were taken at the Reception when you enter.
At *12:17pm* we were *(DV PA’s )* called to Window 3 and briefed about the whole process and given the opportunity to ask question we got. Being exposed to lots of interview experience from Brit Simons blog I felt equipped so no questions asked . The Gentleman at Window 3 Gabe each and every one a visa quotation sheet_printed on it was various visa fees for different Visa categories be it Family based, work etc. But DV visa fee was already ticked by the gentleman at window 3. We were instructed to write our names on it and directed to go make payment at the cashier....plz always carry smaller denominations with you, it gonna save u time and hustle_lolz.
In an hour and half we were called to *Window 2* msubmit documents *( ORIGINALS WITH PHOTOCOPY BENEATH)* and to take a seat after. It was in *”turns”* (one at a time ) the lady asked;
~ where I stay?
~ if am married?
~ got any kids?
After the little chat she instructed me to place my four fingers on the biometric laser machine for finger printing, she also gave me back documents not needed. Took about 3mins at *Window 2*
I sat for 45mins_later heard my name called to *Window 8*, she had a sunshine smile ; I told her “you look gorgeous this afternoon” she laughed and said you flattering me. I smiled back.

CO: So you are Frank, Right?

Me: Yep!

CO: alryt *Frankie* ( she called me Frankie...hahaha )_raise up your right hand day after me......( same old anthem) lol

Me: I swear to tell the truth

CO: ok, which year did you complete High School?

Me: I answered.

CO: What did you do after High School?

Me: I answered.

CO: Who is your host?

Me: My Brother

CO: wow! he also won the lottery? (I was shocked tho_how come she knew my brother also won the lottery) lol_background checks I guessed...hmm

Me: I said, yes he won in 2008_
she laughed and said then it runs through the family. We laughed together.

CO: last one Frankie what do you intend to do in the USA?

Me: Join the US Army Logistics Corps and take the opportunity to serve and get a degree in “Reverse Logistics”

CO: That’s good..can see you got big plans...( she was typing all the time and talking) The US Army got lot of logistics you know?

Me: I Smiled.

CO: Welcome to the United States Of America Frankie( she hand me a white paper with yellow filter highlighted. She circled www.ustravledocs.com/gh
to create profile)

I was head over heels, I felt like the whole world was mine that very moment.

ME: God Bless the United States Of America

she laughed out loud. And said please don’t forget to create the profile and be a good soldier.

First of All I want to thank Jehovah for making my imagination a reality, Brit Simon, sm1mom, Sussie QQQ and my whatsapp DV family for the wonderful Support and encouragement
GOD INDEED BLESS THE UNITED STATE OF AMERICA !

Congrats and you had a great interview. Best of luck on the final move to the U.S.

Hello good people, it's taken me over four hours to go through almost all posts till date. I have been on BritSimon all this while and am glad coming on this platform as well. I'm also DV2018 selectee CN AF00016xxx, so your guess is as good as mine - waiting patiently to go current. I must say i have really enjoyed reading through all the long threads of posts for the past 5 hours - it's worth it.

Hello good people, it's taken me over four hours to go through almost all posts till date. I have been on BritSimon all this while and am glad coming on this platform as well. I'm also DV2018 selectee CN AF00016xxx, so your guess is as good as mine - waiting patiently to go current. I must say i have really enjoyed reading through all the long threads of posts for the past 5 hours - it's worth it.
@Obimpeh. I’m also in the 16xxx range. Praying to be current in February;)