• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2018 Selectees from Ghana

Just an update:

I picked my package today containing my passport, other documents, and the "missing"/retained original birth cert...lol. Visa in less than 48hrs...that's cool. :)
Wow! @Nana Kofi talk about early season cheer! You’ve made my day! This has got to be the fastest processing ever to have come from Accra CP! Congrats again mate!

good afternoon all.
My buddy went to the embassy for a DV interview. According them, it went well except they have no wassce certificate. They have a diploma in nursing from an accredited school. just last year, was admitted into a US uni for a degree program but visa was denied. The DV officer collected all original and copied documents and put them on 212g saying they will call back?
Anyone here with such a past experience or to say, any hope? I know it could take up to next September but do such a case have any chance?
An stats from the gh Office about such cases? Thank you all

good afternoon all.
My buddy went to the embassy for a DV interview. According them, it went well except they have no wassce certificate. They have a diploma in nursing from an accredited school. just last year, was admitted into a US uni for a degree program but visa was denied. The DV officer collected all original and copied documents and put them on 212g saying they will call back?
Anyone here with such a past experience or to say, any hope? I know it could take up to next September but do such a case have any chance?
An stats from the gh Office about such cases? Thank you all

I believe Susie and I told you back in October your friend’s nursing diploma on its own doesn’t meet the requirements:

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv2018-selectees-from-ghana.336269/page-16#post-2465746

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv2018-selectees-from-ghana.336269/page-16#post-2465747

I’m curious, what is the name of the US college your friend was admitted into and specifically which program of study?

So the puzzle is why not outright deny but put on administrative process? Anybody ever get lucky in such a case on this site?

So the puzzle is why not outright deny but put on administrative process? Anybody ever get lucky in such a case on this site?
Well, it looks like the CO is trying to give your friend the benefit of the doubt and investigating whether the diploma can be seen as ok for education purposes.
Did the CO keep your friend’s passport or give it back with the 221g sheet?

My Interview Experience
Accra, Ghana
Date: 20 November, 2017

I, the Principal Applicant with my Spouse, and Child arrived at the Consular Section at 10 am but was told to stick to our appointment time of 10:30am so we had to wait out in the car till it was 10:30am.
When we were allowed in, all security protocols were observed. You won’t be allowed to take in any fluids (my baby is a month old so we had to enter with some water and formula but the water was taken from us)
At the Visa section we were ask to present our appointment letter, which we did and were asked to sit down. After a while, all DV applicants were called to window 6 and briefed on the requirements and amount to pay. Since the rates keeps changing I had all my fees in USD, $330 x 3 to be precise.
They usually attend to applicants of other visa categories before DV applicants so we were patient. After the payment, we were called to window 2 for documents as follows;

Passports
Passport Pictures (2 each)
Birth Certificates and Copy
Marriage Certificate and Copy
Educational Certificates and Transcripts with a copy each
Proof of Relationship (Not Marriage Certificate) with your spouse. Wedding Album, Photos, Chats etc.

After sorting them out she took our fingerprints and asked that we sit and wait to be called.
It appeared that the day was a good one as most were getting their visa approved. Then we were called to window 7

CO: Please raise your right hand and swear
Me and Spouse: blah blah blah
CO: How many times did you enter the lottery?
Me: You mean over the years?, like 3 to 4 times
CO: So this is your first time of getting selected, right?
Me: Yes please.
CO: Did you enter DV 2018 more than once?
Me: No
CO: Your baby is a month old, right?
Me and Spouse: Yes, please
CO: Which year did you complete High School?
Me: xxxx
CO: What is your profession?
Me: xxxxx
He then flips quickly through all my educational certificates and transcripts
CO: Which year did you complete University?

He flips quickly through all my educational certificates and transcripts AGAIN.

(PS: The institution (a Private University College with accreditation) I schooled in issued a certificate after each stage of study i.e Certificate, Honours Diploma, Professional Diploma, and Degree) and the institution’s name had also changed since I complete school.
On the University Certificate the awarding body is XXXXX and the training institution is YYYYY whiles on the transcript the training institution is ZZZZZZ.. YYYYY and ZZZZZ is the same institution.)

CO: Due to the limit time I have to attend others, I would have to put you on Administrative Processing (AP) so I can do my checks after normal interview hours. ok

Me: how long would it usually take?

CO: Two weeks, usually but I can’t promise anything.

He then issued me a form and circled administrative processing and signed, returned passports, birth certificates, and marriage certificate but kept all my original educational certificates and transcripts.
So I will be waiting patiently for their response.
All thanks to Britsimonsays.com and immigration.com for their immense support and insight.

My Interview Experience
Accra, Ghana
Date: 20 November, 2017

I, the Principal Applicant with my Spouse, and Child arrived at the Consular Section at 10 am but was told to stick to our appointment time of 10:30am so we had to wait out in the car till it was 10:30am.
When we were allowed in, all security protocols were observed. You won’t be allowed to take in any fluids (my baby is a month old so we had to enter with some water and formula but the water was taken from us)
At the Visa section we were ask to present our appointment letter, which we did and were asked to sit down. After a while, all DV applicants were called to window 6 and briefed on the requirements and amount to pay. Since the rates keeps changing I had all my fees in USD, $330 x 3 to be precise.
They usually attend to applicants of other visa categories before DV applicants so we were patient. After the payment, we were called to window 2 for documents as follows;

Passports
Passport Pictures (2 each)
Birth Certificates and Copy
Marriage Certificate and Copy
Educational Certificates and Transcripts with a copy each
Proof of Relationship (Not Marriage Certificate) with your spouse. Wedding Album, Photos, Chats etc.

After sorting them out she took our fingerprints and asked that we sit and wait to be called.
It appeared that the day was a good one as most were getting their visa approved. Then we were called to window 7

CO: Please raise your right hand and swear
Me and Spouse: blah blah blah
CO: How many times did you enter the lottery?
Me: You mean over the years?, like 3 to 4 times
CO: So this is your first time of getting selected, right?
Me: Yes please.
CO: Did you enter DV 2018 more than once?
Me: No
CO: Your baby is a month old, right?
Me and Spouse: Yes, please
CO: Which year did you complete High School?
CO: What is your profession?
Me: xxxxx
He then flips quickly through all my educational certificates and transcripts
CO: Which year did you complete University?

He flips quickly through all my educational certificates and transcripts AGAIN.

(PS: The institution (a Private University College with accreditation) I schooled in issued a certificate after each stage of study i.e Certificate, Honours Diploma, Professional Diploma, and Degree) and the institution’s name had also changed since I complete school.
On the University Certificate the awarding body is XXXXX and the training institution is YYYYY whiles on the transcript the training institution is ZZZZZZ.. YYYYY and ZZZZZ is the same institution.)

CO: Due to the limit time I have to attend others, I would have to put you on Administrative Processing (AP) so I can do my checks after normal interview hours. ok

Me: how long would it usually take?

CO: Two weeks, usually but I can’t promise anything.

He then issued me a form and circled administrative processing and signed, returned passports, birth certificates, and marriage certificate but kept all my original educational certificates and transcripts.
So I will be waiting patiently for their response.
All thanks to Britsimonsays.com and immigration.com for their immense support and insight.
Hmmm. Wondering why he put you on AP since the basic educational requirement is the High School Certificate. I notice also that in your list of documents you left out the police clearance and medical report? Or that was just an oversight and you did in fact submit them? Wishing you the very best! It’s early days yet so the AP shouldn’t take too long to clear. Keep your chin up.

Hmmm. Wondering why he put you on AP since the basic educational requirement is the High School Certificate. I notice also that in your list of documents you left out the police clearance and medical report? Or that was just an oversight and you did in fact submit them? Wishing you the very best! It’s early days yet so the AP shouldn’t take too long to clear. Keep your chin up.
Yes! It was an oversight, All 3 medical reports and 2 police clearance was submit

@Cogxwell good job. One thing I find strange though is being asked how many edv entries you made. Could there have been a flag on your file?
Anyway, I hope it all goes well.

@Cogxwell good job. One thing I find strange though is being asked how many edv entries you made. Could there have been a flag on your file?
Anyway, I hope it all goes well.
Well, from the looks of thing and the many interview experiences I have sampled from Ghana, that seems to be a standard questions now.

When the CO asks you,how many times have u entered the lottery,does it mean they have records about all the entries you have made throughout the years??