1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DV2018 Selectees from Ghana

Discussion in 'Lottery Visas - DV' started by Lucid, May 3, 2017.

1. SusieQQQ

SusieQQQ Well-Known Member

If nursing assistant means the same in the US as where you are, no. Of course if he has a high school diploma then he’s ok.
    https://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/31-1014.00
    I gave you a link above which has both the requirements and the onet link - just go to that and do a search for the job title then compare to the job zone and SVP requirements given in the link.

2. Sm1smom

Sm1smom Super Moderator

No that also doesn't qualify. Qualifying on job experience requires for the specific job to be in a job zone 4 or 5 with SVP 7<8. Nursing assistant is in job zone 2, SVP 4<6 as shown in the link below. You can also use it to search for other job related questions yourself.

https://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/31-1014.00

3. nanayaw

nanayaw Member

You cant get admitted to a nursing school or get a nursing assistant certificate in Ghana without high school diploma/certificate so definitely your colleague qualifies under educational grounds.

4. Nana Kofi

Nana Kofi Member

That's not totally correct and secondly the US Embassy doesn't operate that way. Even if you have a PhD...they prefer to see proof of senior high school completion for Ghanaian applicants...and that's the SSCE / WASSCE certificate issued by WAEC through the completed school. Even straight "A"s in Nov/Dec is not accepted by the embassy as proof of high school education.

5. Nana Kofi

Nana Kofi Member

Well noted. Thanks.

6. nanayaw

nanayaw Member

What's totally incorrect here? Do people enter nursing school without ssce/wassce(high school diploma) in Ghana? Am yet to see one.
    Again, i never said the U.S embassy operate on higher degrees without high school diploma. All what i meant is if his colleague completed a nursing school in Ghana then his colleague has a wassce /ssce(high school diploma) so he qualifies under educational grounds

7. Lucid

Lucid Active Member

You could be wrong if you try to go by that if/then logic.

Raphoo likes this.
  8. Nana Kofi

Nana Kofi Member

Exactly.

9. Raphoo

Raphoo Registered Users (C)

Hi guys. How are we all doing? It's been a while but hey I'm back to refresh myself so I can help others.
    What should be done if a DV selectee has a minor error on his name? Like Acheampon but was entered wrongly on DV as Acheampong with a g at the end.
    His Case Number is DV2018****6**4

10. Kojo E

Kojo E Member

Enter the correct name on the DS 260.

11. Raphoo

Raphoo Registered Users (C)

Yes, that is exactly what i told him to do but I was wondering if he will need any document to proof it was a typographical error or just a word of mouth will be enough during interview?

12. Kojo E

Kojo E Member

The interview is carried out under oath which means the applicant may orally explain but it's up to the CO to accept the explanation. If this is the only error it may not arouse much suspicion. My two cents

13. Kojo E

Kojo E Member

VB for December interviews should be out by 15th of October no? Should make for interesting reading.;)

Dunamis likes this.
  14. Oscar1

Oscar1 New Member

15. Rozzay

Rozzay New Member

Hi, thanks for creating this forum. I'm new on here and a 2018 winner. Wanted to find out if basic mistakes made on the ds 260 about parents info can cause a denial. Thanks.

16. Sm1smom

Sm1smom Super Moderator

It generally shouldn't. However if you're not yet scheduled for an interview, I recommend reopening the form and making the necessary corrections.

17. Nana Kofi

Nana Kofi Member

18. Rozzay

Rozzay New Member

I'm scheduled for november

Oscar1 likes this.
  19. Nana Kofi

Nana Kofi Member

Hello everyone.

I made a request on WAEC's official website over two weeks ago and paid the related fee for them to send my SSCE Result Confirmation to the Consular Section of the US Embassy but to date, the online status still shows "THE REQUEST IS BEING REVIEWED".

Please does anyone know how to trace/follow WAEC Result Confirmation request to confirm the document has indeed been delivered to the embassy on my behalf?

Dunamis likes this.
  20. Sm1smom

Sm1smom Super Moderator

Make the corrections when you go for the interview.