• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2018 Selectees from Ghana

I truly appreciate your feedback. Big blow but all good.
Another colleague here wants me to ask you all about a two year nursing assistant training certification with three years work experience?
Does that qualifies?
Thank you all once again?

If nursing assistant means the same in the US as where you are, no. Of course if he has a high school diploma then he’s ok.
https://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/31-1014.00
I gave you a link above which has both the requirements and the onet link - just go to that and do a search for the job title then compare to the job zone and SVP requirements given in the link.

Another colleague here wants me to ask you all about a two year nursing assistant training certification with three years work experience?
Does that qualifies?

No that also doesn't qualify. Qualifying on job experience requires for the specific job to be in a job zone 4 or 5 with SVP 7<8. Nursing assistant is in job zone 2, SVP 4<6 as shown in the link below. You can also use it to search for other job related questions yourself.

https://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/31-1014.00

Does that qualifies?
You cant get admitted to a nursing school or get a nursing assistant certificate in Ghana without high school diploma/certificate so definitely your colleague qualifies under educational grounds.

You cant get admitted to a nursing school or get a nursing assistant certificate in Ghana without high school diploma/certificate so definitely your colleague qualifies under educational grounds.

That's not totally correct and secondly the US Embassy doesn't operate that way. Even if you have a PhD...they prefer to see proof of senior high school completion for Ghanaian applicants...and that's the SSCE / WASSCE certificate issued by WAEC through the completed school. Even straight "A"s in Nov/Dec is not accepted by the embassy as proof of high school education.

Not sure how I missed this request, sorry about that.

In order to attach a picture to your post, click on the little icon above the post box that looks like a 2 mountains (beside the smile face icon). It should open a pop up box which will ask you to insert the URL of the image you wish to post. Hope this helps.

Well noted. Thanks.

That's not totally correct and secondly the US Embassy doesn't operate that way. Even if you have a PhD...they prefer to see proof of senior high school completion for Ghanaian applicants...and that's the SSCE / WASSCE certificate issued by WAEC through the completed school. Even straight "A"s in Nov/Dec is not accepted by the embassy as proof of high school education.
What's totally incorrect here? Do people enter nursing school without ssce/wassce(high school diploma) in Ghana? Am yet to see one.
Again, i never said the U.S embassy operate on higher degrees without high school diploma. All what i meant is if his colleague completed a nursing school in Ghana then his colleague has a wassce /ssce(high school diploma) so he qualifies under educational grounds

What's totally incorrect here? Do people enter nursing school without ssce/wassce(high school diploma) in Ghana? Am yet to see one.
Again, i never said the U.S embassy operate on higher degrees without high school diploma. All what i meant is if his colleague completed a nursing school in Ghana then his colleague has a wassce /ssce(high school diploma) so he qualifies under educational grounds
You could be wrong if you try to go by that if/then logic.

Hi guys. How are we all doing? It's been a while but hey I'm back to refresh myself so I can help others.
What should be done if a DV selectee has a minor error on his name? Like Acheampon but was entered wrongly on DV as Acheampong with a g at the end.
His Case Number is DV2018****6**4

Hi guys. How are we all doing? It's been a while but hey I'm back to refresh myself so I can help others.
What should be done if a DV selectee has a minor error on his name? Like Acheampon but was entered wrongly on DV as Acheampong with a g at the end.
His Case Number is DV2018****6**4
Enter the correct name on the DS 260.

Enter the correct name on the DS 260.
Yes, that is exactly what i told him to do but I was wondering if he will need any document to proof it was a typographical error or just a word of mouth will be enough during interview?

Yes, that is exactly what i told him to do but I was wondering if he will need any document to proof it was a typographical error or just a word of mouth will be enough during interview?
The interview is carried out under oath which means the applicant may orally explain but it's up to the CO to accept the explanation. If this is the only error it may not arouse much suspicion. My two cents

Hello Fam,
Kindly assist me here as I have a WRONG year (1989) of birth on my Original School Certificate, but have the CORRECT year of birth (1990) on all other documents Listed Below:

WASSCE CERTIFICATE; 15th May, 1989

Private WASSCE Certificate
; 15th May, 1990- correct DATE OF BIRTH

PASSPORT ; 15th May, 1990

BIRTH CERTIFICATE; 15th May, 1990

Edv Form; 15th May, 1990

DS-260 FORM; 15th May, 1990

QUESTIONS;

1. Will this cause me any problem at the interview?
2. I went to the Exams Council and I was told nothing can be done about it because I have wasted 8years after school before coming for correction. What can I do about it before am schedule for interview?
Thank You.
Looking forward to your expert views; BritSimon, SussieQQQ, Sm1smom, Sammy......
Dunamis contact me 0243646464

Hi, thanks for creating this forum. I'm new on here and a 2018 winner. Wanted to find out if basic mistakes made on the ds 260 about parents info can cause a denial. Thanks.

Hi, thanks for creating this forum. I'm new on here and a 2018 winner. Wanted to find out if basic mistakes made on the ds 260 about parents info can cause a denial. Thanks.

It generally shouldn't. However if you're not yet scheduled for an interview, I recommend reopening the form and making the necessary corrections.

A shot of AKAI clinic medical report charges.

https://ibb.co/g7cFLb

g7cFLb

Hello everyone.

I made a request on WAEC's official website over two weeks ago and paid the related fee for them to send my SSCE Result Confirmation to the Consular Section of the US Embassy but to date, the online status still shows "THE REQUEST IS BEING REVIEWED".

Please does anyone know how to trace/follow WAEC Result Confirmation request to confirm the document has indeed been delivered to the embassy on my behalf?