• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

After filing DS-260...

Maurice_King

Hello,

I'm one of the lucky ones in the DV-2018 lottery. I have submitted the DS-260 form a while ago, and I have just received the paperwork (i.e. birth certificates, police certificates etc.) Do these need to be emailed to KCCDV (at) state.... ? Is there anything else that needs to be done to complete the paperwork?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I'm one of the lucky ones in the DV-2018 lottery. I have submitted the DS-260 form a while ago, and I have just received the paperwork (i.e. birth certificates, police certificates etc.) Do these need to be emailed to KCCDV (at) state.... ? Is there anything else that needs to be done to complete the paperwork?

Thanks in advance.

No, they are needed for your interview only. Please ensure you've read the instructions linked from your selection letter carefully - among other things, they clearly state that no documents are to be sent to KCC; and they detail properly all the documentation you may need, including any embassy-specific requirements.

Depending on where you are and when your interview is, be aware that you may need to get your police certificate renewed - they have expiry dates, ranging usually from 3 months to a year depending on country.

Hello,

I am an American Citizen.
My husband was selected for DV-2018
He is from Turkey.
1. Will Turkish citizens have hard time this political period to obtain a visa?
2. If he has some bank loans or other credits, will this affect his visa approval?
3. It is true that a DV-selectee must have a sponsor in the US or some good cash in his bank account?
4. On the approval letter is saying I'm the "Beneficiaries", this mean I have to be his sponsor? Do I must have some $10,000-$15,000 in my account?
5. If he is denied the DV visa, can I file for a husband visa?
6. The USCIS Fee $220 must be paid prior to the interview?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hello,

He is from Turkey.
2. If he has some bank loans or other credits, will this affect his visa approval?
3. It is true that a DV-selectee must have a sponsor in the US or some good cash in his bank account?
4. On the approval letter is saying I'm the "Beneficiaries", this mean I have to be his sponsor? Do I must have some $10,000-$15,000 in my account?

Thank you.

1. No
2. No
3. Yes, just like ANY immigration case - although the way this is considered varies by embassy.
4. If you are a citizen you are not a beneficiary of his case. britsimonsays.com/all-about-public-charge-affidavit-of-support-i-134/
5. Yes.
6. No - that fee of $220 is paid after approval. There is another fee of $330 that is paid on the day of the interview and also the cost of the medical

Hello,

He is from Turkey.

Thank you.
Just to ask the obvious question: if you are a US Citizen, why haven't you decided to adjust status of your husband through I-130, I-485 AoS process?

Just to ask the obvious question: if you are a US Citizen, why haven't you decided to adjust status of your husband through I-130, I-485 AoS process?

Because it is cheaper and faster this way, for me, and I don't have to stay in the US to wait for him.

Because it is cheaper and faster this way, for me, and I don't have to stay in the US to wait for him.
Hence your husband will be processing DV Consular Processing, as opposed to DV I-485? I am sure you made the right choice, I am just asking as we encountered the same situation and found I-130 route to be the advantageous one in that case. But, you have to be in the US for USCIS processing. In any case, you would have a strong fallback plan in case some unexpected problem would arise during your husband's DV process. Good luck!

Hence your husband will be processing DV Consular Processing, as opposed to DV I-485? I am sure you made the right choice, I am just asking as we encountered the same situation and found I-130 route to be the advantageous one in that case. But, you have to be in the US for USCIS processing. In any case, you would have a strong fallback plan in case some unexpected problem would arise during your husband's DV process. Good luck!

Thank you.
However, I been out of states for a year now and I did not file the 2016 taxes. Can I still be the sponsor or I need to find someone?

Thank you.
However, I been out of states for a year now and I did not file the 2016 taxes. Can I still be the sponsor or I need to find someone?
As you are a USC spouse of the DV applicant, I personally would strongly advise to provide the financial support evidence as part of the DV process, if any should be required. Anything else would just look rather strange and possibly could open a can of worms. If the only issue you are facing are 2016 IRS tax filings, this can be resolved. As a USC you are normally required to file with IRS anyway, even while living abroad.

As you are a USC spouse of the DV applicant, I personally would strongly advise to provide the financial support evidence as part of the DV process, if any should be required. Anything else would just look rather strange and possibly could open a can of worms. If the only issue you are facing are 2016 IRS tax filings, this can be resolved. As a USC you are normally required to file with IRS anyway, even while living abroad.

Today on Turkish News Media was showing that US stopped processing any kind of visa for Turkish citizens. It is this the truth, is USA really trying close all borders with Muslim countries?

Today on Turkish News Media was showing that US stopped processing any kind of visa for Turkish citizens. It is this the truth, is USA really trying close all borders with Muslim countries?
a) first part of sentence: this very much sounds to be fake news, as Turkey is not one of the countries affected by the current US travel ban.
b) second part of sentence: absolutely not.

It’s not exactly fake news but this is only half the story, it’s reciprocal visa suspension as a diplomatic spat escalates. Nothing to do with anyone being Muslim.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/...mmigrant-visa-services-in-turkey-after-arrest
Yes this is correct and has been confirmed for non-immigrant visa services:

"... The U.S. embassy in Ankara condemned those charges as baseless and announced on Sunday night it was halting all non-immigrant visa services in Turkey while it reassessed Turkey’s commitment to the security of its missions and staff. Within hours Turkey announced it was taking the same measures against U.S. citizens." (underline added)

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...sion-as-lira-stocks-tumble-idUSKBN1CD0SC?il=0

Hello again!
The translated documents to be presented to the embassy, do they have to be notarized or just the translation will work.
On the - /travel.state.gov... Prepare Supporting Documents ... it does say to translate but does not say if need to be notarized.

Thank you for all your answers!
Have a wonderful day!

Hello again!
The translated documents to be presented to the embassy, do they have to be notarized or just the translation will work.
On the - /travel.state.gov... Prepare Supporting Documents ... it does say to translate but does not say if need to be notarized.

Thank you for all your answers!
Have a wonderful day!

Translated documents are not required to be notarized, but they are required to be accompanied by a certified statement signed by the translator attesting to their fluency in both English and the language the document was translated from.

Hello!
We did went to the interview for my spouse ( for DV-2018), in Turkey. We did not have the bank statement with us, so they requested to send the Bank Document along with the passport. ( Apparently in Turkey everyone has to present this, even though it is not on the pre-interview check list). Now, my husband does not keep to much cash in the bank. The statement will show only his salary - 6000TR about $1500- , however he has a job leaving plan from a private insurance - 30000TR about $7700-, can we also send this document as well, will this be taking under consideration, and do we have to write what is this document? It is ok to send a bank statement from 2 different banks?
Thank you!

Hello!
We did went to the interview for my spouse ( for DV-2018), in Turkey. We did not have the bank statement with us, so they requested to send the Bank Document along with the passport. ( Apparently in Turkey everyone has to present this, even though it is not on the pre-interview check list). Now, my husband does not keep to much cash in the bank. The statement will show only his salary - 6000TR about $1500- , however he has a job leaving plan from a private insurance - 30000TR about $7700-, can we also send this document as well, will this be taking under consideration, and do we have to write what is this document? It is ok to send a bank statement from 2 different banks?
Thank you!

You should have shown an I-134 - we advise people to prepare for the financial aspect all the time. Now you can show information for LIQUID funds, but that won't include the $7700. You can show your liquid assets as well, and multiple banks if needed. If all of that is still not enough, an I-134 would still be possible.

Hello
I did use this forum in the pass for my wife and I dv and now we are in the State, thank you.
I have a question for a couple that I know.
The wife who is the main applicant filled the ds260 but the husband didn't and kcc already scheduled their interview and the interview letter came with both names , should both of them go to the interview ? Can the embassy overlook it and give both of them visas? Or is there a way the husband can fill his ds260.

Thank you for your time.

Hello
I did use this forum in the pass for my wife and I dv and now we are in the State, thank you.
I have a question for a couple that I know.
The wife who is the main applicant filled the ds260 but the husband didn't and kcc already scheduled their interview and the interview letter came with both names , should both of them go to the interview ? Can the embassy overlook it and give both of them visas? Or is there a way the husband can fill his ds260.

Thank you for your time.

The husband will not be issued with a visa without a submitted DS260 form in his name. The wife should contact the embassy to find out about unlocking her DS260 to enable the husband fill out his own form.

Just wondering though, what took them so long?