• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Hi mom, one more thing please.

If in November, I find out on the next month bulletin i.e. December that my CN will be current, am I eligible to file in November, or is that still considered early filing and carries the risks with it that you mentioned?

Thank you

Submitting the AOS package prior to the first day of the month in which your CN is shown as being current is early filing - it doesn't matter whether it is by one month or two months. Prior to the 2013 early filing memo release, if your CN is shown to be current in November and your AOS package was received on Oct 31st, the Chicago Lockbox was definitely going to reject the package for early filing.

1. No it shouldn't. However I feel you're still missing the point regarding having a valid status in place prior to your AOS package being accepted by the Chicago Lockbox.

2. No.

Thank you so much. I am getting the point, I just wanted to explore all the options, and understand what to expect.

Allow me to say that your advice is really valuable to me. I do appreciate it.
Thank you a million

Thank you so much. I am getting the point, I just wanted to explore all the options, and understand what to expect.

Allow me to say that your advice is really valuable to me. I do appreciate it.
Thank you a million

Bear in mind, when you are thinking about your status, that filing early or on time does not guarantee anything speedy. The 2017 AOS forum has just had a very sad case posted of someone who filed in October 2016, was only given an interview slot for later this month, and just got notified it was cancelled because they ran out of visas. Issues with getting denied can happen from slow FOs as well as possible denial for early filing, hence mom's repeated emphasis on valid status.

Bear in mind, when you are thinking about your status, that filing early or on time does not guarantee anything speedy. The 2017 AOS forum has just had a very sad case posted of someone who filed in October 2016, was only given an interview slot for later this month, and just got notified it was cancelled because they ran out of visas. Issues with getting denied can happen from slow FOs as well as possible denial for early filing, hence mom's repeated emphasis on valid status.

I see. Thank you for your valuable support. Much appreciated.

Hello Mom,
I am writing to say thank you for all the help so far. I talked to the international students office in my school, and they figured out a way to hire me an immigration lawyer the school has a contract with. I will update my status on the google spreadsheet so that others can use it for future references. You guys are amazing. Thanks.

My school pays for my travels. They don't take of my legal fees. Here, solved it for you.
You could have just said that you don't know how filing the fee waiver will impact my application instead of accusing me of lying.
Hello Mom,
I am writing to say thank you for all the help so far. I talked to the international students office in my school, and they figured out a way to hire me an immigration lawyer the school has a contract with. I will update my status on the google spreadsheet so that others can use it for future references. You guys are amazing. Thanks.

@SirPepsi, someone may have hacked your account. Better check your internet security?

L
@SirPepsi, someone may have hacked your account. Better check your internet security?
Like I said, they figured out a way to pay for my fees that they didn't consider before. International students office is different from financial aid office. I only explored my options with the latter at first. It's a long story, I can send you more details in a private message if you're interested. Anyways, thank you to all those who answered my questions.
I didn't think being grateful had to be met with such cynicism.

L

Like I said, they figured out a way to pay for my fees that they didn't consider before. International students office is different from financial aid office. I only explored my options with the latter at first. It's a long story, I can send you more details in a private message if you're interested. Anyways, thank you to all those who answered my questions.
I didn't think being grateful had to be met with such cynicism.

Nope, the cynicism is all about the sudden 180 degree change in attitude vs your prior response to mom when she answered your questions.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not at all interested in the details. I presume your attorney will be able to successfully figure out your case, good luck.

Greetings,
For Oct visa bulletin for AF, it says 8,500 except Egypt 2350 and Ethiopia 2100 - refer to attachment. If my case is AF 10,xxx, I should expect to submit the AOS package in Nov?
For AOS, what Egypt 2350 means?

If I'm doing AOS, I should consider the AF 8,500 and not the other two numbers even if I'm from these countries, correct? Why they mention Egypt 2350 and Ethiopia 2100 then?

Attachments

• IMG_1059.PNG
    IMG_1059.PNG
    123.9 KB · Views: 8
Greetings,
For Oct visa bulletin for AF, it says 8,500 except Egypt 2350 and Ethiopia 2100 - refer to attachment. If my case is AF 10,xxx, I should expect to submit the AOS package in Nov?
For AOS, what Egypt 2350 means?

If I'm doing AOS, I should consider the AF 8,500 and not the other two numbers even if I'm from these countries, correct? Why they mention Egypt 2350 and Ethiopia 2100 then?

All of AF uses the AF number APART from people charging to Ethiopia and Egypt - who ignore the AF number and use the number for their country. you are from Egypt or Ethiopia you must wait some months more before starting your AOS process.

All of AF uses the AF number APART from people charging to Ethiopia and Egypt - who ignore the AF number and use the number for their country. you are from Egypt or Ethiopia you must wait some months more before starting your AOS process.
Need more clarifications please. The number I received is AF 10,xxx and not egypt number. Is that means I have to wait till the Egypt number 2350 becomes 10,xxx. This will take real longtime and my number is based on AF and not Egypt? Please elaborate.

Need more clarifications please. The number I received is AF 10,xxx and not egypt number. Is that means I have to wait till the Egypt number 2350 becomes 10,xxx. This will take real longtime and my number is based on AF and not Egypt? Please elaborate.

If you are charging to Egypt, and the VB has an "except Egypt" then that is your number, not AF. It is a simple as that. Yes it will probably take some months, like I already said.

All the numbers chargeable to the African region starts with AF. The CNs do not reflect the specific countries.

Do I have to include my High school diploma in the AOS package, if I have a Bachelor degree and I do have an equivalency certificate from an approved institution here in the US (ECE)?

Easiest means of qualifying is via HS diploma, that however does not preclude providing your work history on the forms as requested.

Does the HS diploma requirement still apply even if I already have a Master's degree from a US university, and finishing a second one this December?