• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

My infopass was with a 10+ year veteran who claimed all DV cases have to be processed out of the USA, and she had never seen an AOS. That was how our conversation started - just over three years ago...

Thank you for corroborating my story :)

Has anyone you spoke to requested a visa for you yet though? You know, like the last few AOS reports here. They have ALL been no visa numbers. We have not seen anyone get a visa since this started happening.

Why on earth would anyone at NBC know about DV visa availability by the way? That's not their job.

Oh why do I bother...

Although it's interesting indeed that such a busy office can spare 3-4 people to chat about one case for about an hour when it hasn't even interviewed yet.
BTW it was NBC director.

BTW it was NBC director.

Great. So why would he know about DV visa availability? I'm sure he has important big picture things to take care of. And afaik it is not NBC's job to check if the relevant visa types are available before forwarding the cases to the field office. If everyone in each department knew all the details of every other one there wouldn't be much point in having different departments, and the the FOs of course, specializing in different areas.

Hmmmn, I guessing you don't know this for a fact outside of what you were told.

Why would the NBC director have the time or the information pertaining to a specific case?
This is what I was told. That`s it and once they met the director, NBC forwarded the case to FO right away. This is the fact.

Hello Simon /mom
I have a dv aos case in sacramento field office and this is a brief :
Bio done April 13th
Security Background check completed on July 31st
Interview 28 August
Since then I have been waiting for my io officer to approve me , he has not requested for my case from KCC yet , Last time I spoke to him at the fo he said my computer is not working and my win zip .
I have info pass on Sep 15th but with No visa available that I hear from this forum and my friends , I lost hope , Do you think that I have a visa allocated already since my SC was completed at the end of July ? Or is there anything you can advise me with?
By the way I am from Iran

Hello Simon /mom
I have a dv aos case in sacramento field office and this is a brief :
Bio done April 13th
Security Background check completed on July 31st
Interview 28 August
Since then I have been waiting for my io officer to approve me , he has not requested for my case from KCC yet , Last time I spoke to him at the fo he said my computer is not working and my win zip .
I have info pass on Sep 15th but with No visa available that I hear from this forum and my friends , I lost hope , Do you think that I have a visa allocated already since my SC was completed at the end of July ? Or is there anything you can advise me with?
By the way I am from Iran

Unfortunately for AOSers, visa numbers do not get reserved like they do for scheduled CP cases. Visas only get requested at the final stage for AOS as a sign of petition approval, so I'm sorry to say no visa was reserved/allocated at the end of your interview.

Notwithstanding, you can still attend your INFOPASS appointment, following which you can let us know the outcome.

Unfortunately for AOSers, visa numbers do not get reserved like they do for scheduled CP cases. Visas only get requested at the final stage for AOS as a sign of petition approval, so I'm sorry to say no visa was reserved/allocated at the end of your interview.

Notwithstanding, you can still attend your INFOPASS appointment, following which you can let us know the outcome.
Does this mean that they don't take into account aosers in their statistics for visa availability? With all respect , It doesn't make sense cause they do emphasize that uscis and dos always check their statistics with each other and Uscis even take into account those cases who might not get approved . And by the way I talked to an Imigration attorney and he said that they take into account aosers who have filed in available visas , but as I said I am not sure about any of these , and I think you might know better as of more exprience.

This is what I was told. That`s it and once they met the director, NBC forwarded the case to FO right away. This is the fact.

None of this means that NBC has any clue about what visas are available, a question you keep sidestepping.

What's your plan B?

Does this mean that they don't take into account aosers in their statistics for visa availability? With all respect , It doesn't make sense cause they do emphasize that uscis and dos always check their statistics with each other and Uscis even take into account those cases who might not get approved . And by the way I talked to an Imigration attorney and he said that they take into account aosers who have filed in available visas , but as I said I am not sure about any of these , and I think you might know better as of more exprience.

Well ask yourself how come AOSers who filed since October 2016 are now being told no more visas when they recently attended their interview? Does that support what this immigration attorney whom I'm willing to bet is clueless regarding the DV based AOS process told you?

Not sure if you saw simon's post #3861 on previous page? Taking AOS "into account" and reserving numbers in advance for specific AOS interviews is not the same thing, I think that's what the issue is. Whereas a CP person with a scheduled interview will already have a specific visa number set aside in advance for them.

And for those still not convinced about the fact that visa numbers are not reserved for AOSers on the basis of filing or the CN being current, here's the extract of what Simon described (a couple of posts above) directly from the "Early Filing Memo" which most of you are quite familiar with:

As of January 11, 2012, the USCIS Case Resolution Unit at the Lockbox reviews every DV- related Form I-485 for visa availability at the time of filing by verifying that the applicant’s rank number is lower than the advance notification cut-off number posted in the most recently published DOS monthly Visa Bulletin. The Immigration Services Officer (ISO) will confirm at time of final adjudication of the Form I-485 adjustment application (i.e., when all required processing has been completed) that the DV rank cut-off number is lower than the applicable rank cut-off number posted in the DOS’s current Visa Bulletin. As a last step, the ISO must also confirm that a DV visa number is actually available, before he or she may approve the adjustment application by submitting an electronic request for the DV visa within IVAMSWEB. (Bold emphasis mine) p. 3

In all cases, the ISO must review the current month’s Visa Bulletin to ensure that there is a DV visa available at time of final adjudication. The Form I-485 cannot be approved until the applicant’s DV rank number falls below that listed in the current Visa Bulletin. Therefore, at the time of final adjudication, the ISO must only review the DV applicant’s rank cut-off number for the month during which final adjudication takes place, not the rank cut-off number listed in the current Visa Bulletin’s separate “advance notification” table or the month in which the Form I-485 adjustment application was originally filed. As a last step, the ISO must then confirm that a DV visa number is actually available at the time of final adjudication by submitting an electronic request for the DV visa within IVAMSWEB. (Bold emphasis mine) p.4

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default...013/August/DV-Related I-485 Applications .pdf

One thing that I find puzzling about the whole "run out of visa" situation is that numbers don't add up. By my count (using publicly available data from DHS) there have been ~30k visas issued between Oct 1. 2016 and Aug 1. 2017. That means 20k were left for August and September. Memo about lack of visas was supposedly issued on Sep. 8. That would mean that in 39 days they used up all the remaining visas...

One thing that I find puzzling about the whole "run out of visa" situation is that numbers don't add up. By my count (using publicly available data from DHS) there have been ~30k visas issued between Oct 1. 2016 and Aug 1. 2017. That means 20k were left for August and September. Memo about lack of visas was supposedly issued on Sep. 8. That would mean that in 39 days they used up all the remaining visas...

Ups, I made a typo that influenced my calculation: There were 41815 visa issued till July 31. That leaves only 8185 for August/September

To make matters worse, all FOs in Florida are closed due to hurricane IRMA this whole week. Therefore, we do not have any means of getting any information either.

Ups, I made a typo that influenced my calculation: There were 41815 visa issued till July 31. That leaves only 8185 for August/September

I only have the issuances from March to July - where are you getting the October to Feb numbers?

8185 would certainly be possible in two "average" months, but also the data we have does not include AoS thus far (probably 1000+). So yeah - if your 41815 is right - we could be pretty darn close. August and September normally see a high volume of AP case approvals.

I only have the issuances from March to July - where are you getting the October to Feb numbers?

8185 would certainly be possible in two "average" months, but also the data we have does not include AoS thus far (probably 1000+). So yeah - if your 41815 is right - we could be pretty darn close. August and September normally see a high volume of AP case approvals.

Table 1B from https://www.dhs.gov/immigration-statistics/special-reports/legal-immigration#File_end It has total number for Q1 and Q2. I added data from monthly issuances (from April till July) to that.

Not sure where you got your numbers but they don't sound right. In a typical year, the vast majority of DV visas have been issued by end-August, it's usually just the stragglers and the occasional case where not all numbers are current by August, that interview in September. It would be extremely unusual in any year for only 30k visas to have been issued by 1 August.

Edit: ok, you corrected the numbers! Makes more sense.

Table 1B from https://www.dhs.gov/immigration-statistics/special-reports/legal-immigration#File_end It has total number for Q1 and Q2. I added data from monthly issuances (from April till July) to that.

Ahh OK - you are mixing fruit here. The March/July numbers are issuances. The DHS spreadsheet is admissions - actual arrivals. So - that will include 2016 cases, and NOT include some 2017 issuances where people have not yet entered. So - it's representative, but not precise.

So my husband went to the uscis fo and even though without an infopass they let him in the second floor where they conduct the interviews. He spoke with a supervisor and showed him the interview appointment for friday and asked about the exhausted visas. The io checked and informed him that there is no more available visas and we should receive our cancellation notice in the mail. My husband asked why this is happening and the supervisor said that is never happened but the whole program is shutdown and the explanation for the io was because of the political condition in the country. He said that there are no more visas going to be issued for either country or region and that was it.... so what are we supposed to do now since we used our ead and we dont have a valid status to fell onto? Just leave? That is the worse nightmare ever
Hey,
Do you have your interview today or tomorrow? Do have any updates? please keep us posted.