• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

Where is your FO? Did the IO show the letter stating that they stopped the DV? I called USCIS, they do not know anything about it.

Don't be surprised to find out you know a lot more about the DV process than the USCIS customer service reps answering the phones. They are 3rd party contractors with written scripts.

Supervisor and 2nd level rep.

So the various other FOs telling people they can't get visas because there aren't any more available are.... in some kind of coordinated lying campaign, or what? Nope, I think mom is right, you know more than the guys you spoke to. Unless those same people have requested a visa number for DV in the last day or two they simply might not know.

Hi guys , hope you are doing well my father seek asylum and he past the interview on June 15th but still waiting for decision can any one tell me how long it will take?

Yes. There was just 2 reports - one from Asia and I don`t know the region of the other one. Well, I have infopass today and I see whats going on..
Actually 3 as Simon mentioned the OC person, yes CP but of course the visa issue is the same.
Plus quota limits are per country not per region and Israel most definitely is not a country issue. Neither is anywhere in OC and certainly not the region.
I presume you saw Vanessam_1 was told one thing over the phone and another in person at the FO. It was the latter they were told no more visa numbers.
Good luck re infopass, please return with feedback.

Last edited:
Actually 3 as Simon mentioned the OC person, yes CP but of course the visa issue is the same.
Plus quota limits are per country not per region and Israel most definitely is not a country issue. Neither is anywhere in OC and certainly not the region.
I presume you saw Vanessam_1 was told one thing over the phone and another in person at the FO. It was the latter they were told no more visa numbers.
Good luck re infopass, please return with feedback.
Yesterday my congress person staff met with NBC director. My case is stuck over there. They promised to send the case to FO asap and did not mention anything on 2017 DV program shutdown. Anyways, I`ll get back with infopass feedback later.

Yesterday my congress person staff met with NBC director. My case is stuck over there. They promised to send the case to FO asap and did not mention anything on 2017 DV program shutdown. Anyways, I`ll get back with infopass feedback later.

There is no "DV2017 program shutdown". Did you read my explanation???

Hi Mom/Simon,

Is it possible for the interview officer to check with the US embassy in our home country to see whether there are any remaining visas with them (no shows up/refusals) and if so, can they request those visas to those who do AOS here? or is there no hope for us at all?

I am so worried and depressed. If only he had requested my KCC file and approved me on the day of my interview, I wouldn't be facing this situation today :'(

Last edited:
I had my interview in LA Tuesday morning 8.15am and I was the first person my officer had reported this "no more visas" issue to. He conducted my interview anyway and left the case open for processing. Obviously I am completely devastated. He said this has never ever happened before and he didnt have much more information.
What are the thoughts here? Is there a recommended course of action?
By reading your blog post @Britsimon - it seems like there could perhaps be a SHRED of hope.
I have an infopass scheduled for the 18th - should I go anyway and attempt to talk to my officer?

I`ve just been at the INFOPASS in Chicago FO. They did not confirm that the visas have been exhausted. They said they do not have any information on that and they`d have if it was true.

I had my interview in LA Tuesday morning 8.15am and I was the first person my officer had reported this "no more visas" issue to. He conducted my interview anyway and left the case open for processing. Obviously I am completely devastated. He said this has never ever happened before and he didnt have much more information.
What are the thoughts here? Is there a recommended course of action?
By reading your blog post @Britsimon - it seems like there could perhaps be a SHRED of hope.
I have an infopass scheduled for the 18th - should I go anyway and attempt to talk to my officer?
What country are you from?